Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

A sequel to "Unknown Paths" where Amadeus must meet Motoko's family. 

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2
Disclaimer

I do not own any rights to the Love Hina story or any of the characters from it, minus the ones Ive introduced, that honor goes to Ken Akamatsu.

Chapter 2

Motoko will you marry me? He asked as he held the box up, offering the ring to her.

To say that Motoko wasnt taken aback by his question was an understatement, as she stood there speechless. Never had she thought that this day would come when someone would ask for her hand in marriage. She slowly extended her hand to the ring to make sure it was real, and as she touched the cool metal, she began to feel tears well up in her eyes.

Motoko&? He asked concerned as he saw her eyes water.

Amadeus I dont know what to say. She said as a single tear made its way down her cheek.

Amadeus stood and stepped closer to her, and as he cupped her face in his hand wiping away the tear with his thumb. He smiled warmly at her, Say yes Motoko. I know it might sound selfish and I dont care, I love you Motoko Aoyama and I want you to be with me. So which is it yes or no?

Yes! Yes! Of course yes! She shouted as she threw herself at him, knocking him to the ground and began to kiss him passionately.

When she finally pulled, back Amadeus had a slightly stunned look on his face before she saw a grin creep on his lips as what she had said had dawned on him. Well its good to see that you like the idea.

I also think its a grand idea. They heard a sweet sounding voice say from behind where they lay.

Amadeus and Motoko knew that voice all to well as they tilted their heads to confirm their suspicions, and just as they expected no fewer than 10 feet from them stood Motokos older sister Tsuruko who had a gleam of mischief in her eye as she looked at the couple entangled on the ground.

Tsuruko, when did you get here? I thought you werent going to arrive till tomorrow morning. Motoko asked as she sat up, allowing Amadeus to do the same.

Well I was but I decided to come early and surprise you, but you had already left to pick up Mr. Gallimus by the time I had arrived.

Please Tsuruko, Ive asked you before its just Amadeus or Deus. He said as he stood and helped Motoko to her feet.

She just lightly laughed at her mistake, Of course, especially being as you might be part of the family soon.

Dont you mean will be? he asked catching what he thought was a simple mistake.

Not until youve been approved by the head of the family. She told him with a smile, but when she noticed the look of confusion on the mans face, she turned to her younger sibling. Motoko havent you told him already?

Motoko began to fidget a little under her sisters gaze. Well I was, but he surprised me by proposing to me. But sister cant we just ignore it just this once?

Tsuruko was taken aback by her sisters request. What? Are you saying that you would ignore a rule set by our ancestors?

If I its the only way to be with Amadeus then yes. Motoko said softly as she hung her head low not daring to look her sister in the eye.

Tsuruko was shocked that Motoko would defy the family, but she too knew what it meant to be in love as a smile came on her lips and she slowly embraced her sister.

Um, excuse me& but what is this rule that you two are referring to? Amadeus said, interrupting the two as he spoke up.

Motoko gave a sigh as she turned to face him. There is an old rule that dates back to the beginning of the Gods Cry School and the Aoyama family, that states that before a daughter can marry their fiance has to be approved of by the head of the family.

Well that doesnt seem so bad. He said, still not seeing what the fuss was about.

It is! Motoko practically shouted, In all the years that this has been going on no fiance of non-Japanese blood has been accepted by the family. Motoko told him as she began to feel tears form in her eyes.

Amadeus the sadness in her eyes as she mentioned this and he took her into his arms as Tsuruko rested a hand of support on her back. Dont worry, well go see the head of the family tomorrow after the wedding is over, and if I have to Ill force them to give me their approval. He smiled as he heard her lightly laugh at his remark. Just curious, who is the head of the family?

That would be our mother, Keiko Aoyama. But just because its our mother that this is going to be easy. Tsuruko warned him, She is going to test everything about you until shes satisfied that shes made the right decision. When I was going to get married she tested my husband for a month until she gave her approval.

Amadeus gulped at this, cause if her daughters where any indication, he could only imagine what kind of test he would be put through. Nevertheless, he stood fast in his resolve. I dont care if I have to be tested for years on end Im going to win her approval.

Tsuruko just smiled at him, Then I think youre a step closer to your goal.

Just then they where interrupted by a blaring alarm that rang out through the grounds so loudly, the three of them where forced to cover their ears.

Ah! What the heck is that?!? Amadeus yelled, so as to be heard over the noise.

I believe its the alarm that Su placed on Narus wedding dress! Motoko replied, as the noise grew louder in intensity.

What?!? Amadeus yelled in disbelief at the foreign princesss sense of logic. Why would you place an alarm on a wedding dress?

Forget about that come on we have to see whats going on! Motoko yelled as the three made their way inside.

A/N: Well heres the second chapter. I know this chapter is shorter than what I try to make my chapters, but I wanted to leave the first one at a cliffhanger. Also, I want this story to mainly focusing on Amadeus and the Aoyama family so you might not hear much, if any, about the other residents of Hinata Inn. As always be honest in all comments and Im always open to suggestions if you have any. Until next time.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Riverwind on November 7, 2006, 6:06:18 AM

Riverwind on
RiverwindHaha, maybe the alarm is used to prevent Keitaro to destroy the dress xD

Amadeus on November 7, 2006, 6:07:25 AM

Amadeus on
AmadeusI think that's what it was for, but if it has to deal with Su you never know ^_^