Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Barriers Fall

This is the novel version of my comic that I'm working on. Some of you may have seen the comic cover.

Chapter 2 - The Barriers Fall

Chapter 2 - The Barriers Fall
As Kairi traveled the rain-soaked streets of the gigantic city, she watched as several people hurried underneath shabby tents and broken down buildings. She glanced upwards, towards the richly adorned homes and buildings of the upper level of the double-decker city. She noticed a sign as she passed, reading “Sector 7: Slums”.
Slums doesn’t do it justice...it’s more like a warzone, Kairi thought. She suddenly stopped in front of a church. “This must be the place Squall told me about,” she said aloud. Kairi stepped inside and looked around. The church was shabby, like most of the buildings in the area, though it was surprisingly well-kept. There was a shattered window in the roof, and rain fell through the hole into a small puddle on the floor. There were rows of pews leading to a small circular staircase near the back. Several of the pews were broken. At the top of the staircase were two people. One was wearing a purple sleeveless turtleneck with a shoulder plate and baggy black pants. The other was dressed in a short red coat and pink dress. The man in purple had blonde spiky hair and the woman in red had long, brown hair tied in a braid.
“Cloud Strife?” Kairi called. Cloud’s head jerked in her direction. The woman also looked at Kairi curiously.
“You look familiar,” the woman said. Kairi nodded.
“It’s me, Kairi,” she said. The woman suddenly smiled broadly.
“Kairi! Look at you! So grown up!”
“I’m seventeen now, Aeris.”
Cloud looked from Aeris to Kairi and back. “Aeris...do you know her?”
“I’m a friend of Sora’s. Do you remember him?” Kairi asked before Aeris could answer. Cloud’s eyes narrowed.
“The punk that beat me three times at the Coliseum? Yeah, I remember him.”
Kairi took a couple steps forward. “Do you know where he is?”
Cloud flipped his hair out of his face. “No clue.”
“Kairi, how did you get here?” Aeris asked.
“You know how Beast willed himself to Hollow Bastion? I did the same thing.”
Aeris nodded. Cloud strode toward Kairi. “So if you are a friend of that punk Sora...do you have a weapon like his?” Kairi nodded and stretched out her hand. Her keyblade appeared in it. Cloud narrowed his eyes again and turned away.
“So could you beat me as well?” he asked. Kairi thought for a moment.
“Yes.”
Cloud looked at her and suddenly his eyes shifted behind her. They grew wide for a moment and he suddenly jumped back, reaching for his sword. Kairi spun around.
Five Shadows, two Darkballs, and an Invisible appeared.
Darkballs were large, round, black floating monsters that were formed out of pure darkness. The Invisible was an intimidating sight. It was a very large, almost humanoid creature with a gigantic blue sword and jagged black wings.
“The barrier has fallen!” Kairi cried. Suddenly the creatures vanished into thin air, leaving no trace of their existence.
Behind them stood a figure draped in a black raincoat clutching the Oblivion Keyblade. Kairi’s eyes grew wide.
“Sora?”
“Sora!? That punk!?” exclaimed Cloud from behind Kairi. Sora suddenly grinned malevolently and leapt from rafter to rafter out the church.
“Sora!” Kairi cried.
“It will do no use. That wasn’t the real Sora,” said a voice behind Kairi. She turned and gasped.
Sora was standing right behind her.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RiRiana on November 24, 2003, 11:59:59 PM

RiRiana on
RiRianaThis is really awesome! Keep writting!