Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

long but gr8!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled


Around the World in 40 Days



Characters: Michael Fogg-Inventor,

Philip Smith- His best friend,

Monique La Roche- A women they pick up,

Esmé Quill- Not a very nice woman.



This is the story of how I, Michael Fogg (an inventor), travelled the world in 40 days.



It was one fine luminous day when my best friend (Philip Smith) and I were having a gossip about, if someone could sale the world in about 40 days.

“I could,” I said looking at Philip

“But it's not possible for someone to fly around the world in 40 days,” replied Philip.

“Same here,” Said someone mysterious from behind us “I believe that you can't go around the world in 40 days Mr. Fogg.”

“Well no but I might one day madam,” I replied,

“Please call me Esmé Quill,” Cried Esmé,

“Please to meet you Miss Quill,” Replied Philip and I.

“I don't think you could go around the world in 40 days,” She said to me again,

“I think I could,” I said looking at her right in her eyes,

“Of course you can NOT!!!” Esmé shouted,

“Oh yes I can,” I protested,

“Oh, well if you think you are smart, then I want to see you circle navigate your way around the world in no less than 40 days,” cackled Esmé in a weird way,

“If I do, what you will give me,” I answered,

“£75, 00 and if you lose then you give me your £75, 00,” She said in a mysterious kind of way. “Deal or no Deal?”

“Um……um… DEAL!!!!!!!!” I said, I turned to Philip and said, “We will be chopped to pieces before we reach Asia.” I turned round and Esmé Quill had vanished.

“The quickest way to France is by plane!” replied Philip.



“When does the next plane leave for France?” Asked Philip to the man who was selling the tickets,

“In 10 minutes,” said the man to Philip.

“Ok thank you,” I said. 10 minutespassed, something had gone wrong, it was delayed till tomorrow. (That took one day off of our journey.)



The next day we boarded the plane at 10 am. It took us about 5 - 10 minutes to get to France. When we got there we had to stay in an old hotel. We stayed in France for 4 days. On the last day we bumped into a woman, who was running after a man who stole her purse. “I'll go after him!!!” said Philip, who caught him after 5 minutes. The women's name was Monique La Roche.

“Sorry are you ok?” Asked Monique

“Yes I'm ok are you?” I asked,

“Yes thank you,” Said Monique. “You are, Mr. Fogg I am such a fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“Yes I am,” I said to her.

“I'm coming along ok,” Shouted Monique

“Ok…..” Said Philip,

“What???” I said “Sh she can't, I mean, it would not be right, when we get home people might think we are a couple………”

“She has to stay,” Said Philip to me,

“Fine she may stay,” I said to Philip and Monique, “Quickly now we have to board the air balloon,”

“But we don't have any money!!!” Cried Monique then stared to gibber in French,

“Well, we won't exactly pay for it,” Replied Philip satisfactory with a slight grin on his face,

“What!!!!!!!!!! You mean we are going to steal an air balloon!” I whispered to him,

“Not exactly steal the air balloon but borrow it,” He said calmly “Miss La Roche will tell the man in French that we are going around the world in 40 days,”

“Ah…” Monique and I said together, so we hurried over to the air balloon place (it took us about 5 minutes).

“On sont départ partout les monde dans quarante jour” She cried to the man, (which means “we are going around the world in 40 days”)

“Sacrebleu!” Exclaimed the man who owned the air balloons (Which means “Oh my God”)

We rushed into the balloon and sailed off to India.



Day 10: India. We arrived in India only because the balloon burst by a bird. We had to dash from many people: they thought that Monique and I were married. We had to go by train to get to Dehli the capital of India. Philip and I were nearly captured by the police because they thought that we were someone who stole an old ladies parse. “Where is the nearest stop for a rickshaw?” Asked Monique in a sharp way,

“Just turn the next right then the next left and you are there, ok,” Replied the man at the till. So we hurried to the nearest rickshaw stop. I told the fit tall man to go towards the train station, where we could board our train and go to China.



Day 22: China. You would not believe what happened to us on the train!!! Well if you want to know…. First, the train ran out of coal, then, police wanted to check if a horrible women had stolen some money and they captured Monique. We had to save her because she was our friend. She was held in prison so Philip and I had to bargain with the police. Philip gave them a shiny diamond and I gave them £20.50. She was then released, last but not least 5 people where sick on me!!! Anyway, we had to dash very quickly to get to the nearest hotel to have some rest.



Day 30: still China. I'm so sorry I can't tell you what happened during the last 8 days because we have to rush off to catch our boat. “Time check, 3:33pm… OH NO WE HAVE TO LEAVE IN 24 minutes BECAUSE IF WE DON'T WE WILL BE LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Shouted Philip to Monique and I. As we only had 24 minutes left we had to move fast!!! We got to the boat in time. So we were sailing back home to England.



Day 39: In the South Atlantic Ocean. We are not too far from England but we still have a day left, I mean what could go wrong? “WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you mean that the ship is broken? Uh? Tell me?” Shouted Philip to the driver of the ship,

“Sorry but there is no way of getting to England by tomorrow!!!” Replied the driver scared.

“Michael, there is no way we are going to make it is there?” Philip turned to me, “Is there?”

“Well there is one way, it's quite dangerous, well we go by………....................................................................................... helicopter!!!!!!!” I said,

“That's not dangerous” Replied Monique,

“I know, I just wanted to make you laugh!!!” I replied,

“Well that didn't make us laugh!!!!!!!!!” Replied Philip.

“Ok!!!” Said Monique,

“Now does anyone have a phone?” I asked,

“I do!!!” Replied the driver,

“Can I use it?” I asked,

“Yes!!” Replied the driver,

“Ok they said they will about 3 minutes,” I said coming off the phone and handing it to the driver.

3 minutes passed, they came. We boarded it. “AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Yawned Philip sleepily and fell asleep. I don't blame him, it was 10:04. Then Monique fell asleep, last but not least me.



Day 40: England. “AHHH!!!” I yawned and woke up. We had landed. “Morning!” Cried Monique and handed me a piece of toast. “Thank you” I said, “Where are we?” I asked.

“At your house!” Said Monique “He does not remember!” She said looking at Philip.

“Well…………………………………….. WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Said Philip looking at me, “We won because we landed at 11:55, and you said that we had to be back by day 40 so………… we won!!!!!!!!!!”



The next day we went and got our prize £75, 00. We where all happy.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Hermione13 on April 9, 2006, 1:36:53 PM

Hermione13 on
Hermione13Wow this is a great story. I especially love the part with the "um, um Deal"

Brillant.

HarryPotterFan on March 18, 2006, 5:38:02 PM

HarryPotterFan on
HarryPotterFanhi this is my fist story!!!! comments plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!