Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The boy from the quad

After a string of coincidences, Tohru Honda finds herself at college, never having met the Sohmas. Who will she meet there? hmmm... *evil grin*

Chapter 3 - The boy from the quad

Chapter 3 - The boy from the quad
Hey there. I promise these next chapters aren’t gonna be so short. The first two were already in my notebook, so I just had to type them up. Now that my original is ending, (I tend to get bored when writing stories on my own time, and I get distracted with other projects,) I can just write freely until I run out of plot. Um, I’m rambling.¬_¬
...
Let’s get on wiv it. ;-P
-----------------------------
Classes soon started, and Tohru began wishing Uo-chan’s study sessions came with tuition. Luckily, Namae was very smart, and studying to be a teacher, so she practiced her skills on Tohru. Kemuri, who seemed not to have a class schedule at all, usually just got in the way, walking around with a paddleball going full speed and asking annoying questions.
“Hey, whassat mean?!”
“What, Kemuri-chan?”
“That! That number there!!”
“Tsuki-san... that’s the page number.”
Tohru usually did housework, as Kemuri was too impatient to work and messy by nature, and Namae was too busy; she had more classes. Also, the two had absolutely no idea how to do laundry, so Tohru always did that at the dorm building’s washing machines.
One such day, Tohru was marching down the hall with a large basket of freshly laundered clothing blocking her view -she had memorized the way back to the rooms a long time ago. She trotted along merrily, humming a bit, when suddenly she bumped into something. Something that yelled.
“HEY! What’re you doin’?! Look where you’re going, why doncha?!”
“Eh? I’m sorry...? U-um, I--”
“You’re so dumb!! Wanderin’ around with a big thing of laundry, bumpin’ into people! Agh! Girls!”
Tohru started. She’d heard that voice before! Leaning around her basket, she gave a bubbly laugh and said, “It is you!!” She beamed at the flustered (it isn’t every day that someone you just yelled at can be so happy!) young man before her. He certainly was odd-looking, at least his hair. It was flaming orange, and, on closer inspection, his eyes matched. He was very very tall, too...
“Huh?!” was all the boy could think of to say, but it jerked Tohru out of her fascinated contemplation. She blushed a second, embarassed that she’d been caught staring. She perked up again, saying, “Arigatou!! Thanks to you, I found my dormitory! Domo arigatou, thanks so very much!!” She made a complicated little movement between a bow and a wriggle of joy. All that moving about proved to be a bad idea, however, for Tohru lost her balance under the weight of her laundry basket. She twirled around, trying to regain it, but fell backwards onto the boy. Tohru yelled, the boy cursed, and in all the commotion a small *poof* was to be heard. She had barely a second to process this before she suddenly found herself on the floor, realizing that there was no boy behind her.
“....Eh...?”
Tohru lay-propping herself up from behind with her elbows-for a second, before scrambling around, anxiously uttering a stream of apologies, but... there truly was no one there. There should have been one of those stereotypical moments when the two leads found one was on top of the other and they’d both blush and sit up quickly, avoiding eachother’s gaze and--Tohru really had to take Namae’s advice and ignore Kemuri’s weird animes. She looked down under her hands. She was unconsciously clutching the boy’s empty clothing. Empty...? she thought, What?! There seemed to be something, well, alive under the sweatshirt. It was very small, though. She hesitantly peeled back the collar, afraid of what she might find.
She found herself staring into the slightly dazed eyes of a smooth orange cat.
“Uwaah?!” Tohru fell back, utterly suprised. “Kitty-san, how did you get here?!”
The cat looked vaguely annoyed, as if he found being called “kitty-san” offensive.
“Where’s that tall boy...Oh my!! Is that you?! Ahh!! I must have, I don’t know, hit you wrong--speak to me!!” she shook the cat roughly. “Oh, I-I mean... meow to me!!
The cat growled softly and raised a paw, trying to motion Tohru to stop. It worked, until she realized that a cat had just gestured at her and spazzed more.
“Uwaaaah!!!!!” (A/N: I love that word ^_^)
“Just stop already!!” the cat yelled.
Tohru paused again. It really was the boy!! The cat, seeing an opportunity to seize control, adopted a somewhat calm, steadying voice. “O-okay. Yes. I am a cat. It’s a... family... thing.” He finished lamely. Tohru seemed to regain what senses she had.
“Oh, a family issue. Like Mom’s ga-”
Whaat?! Your mom could turn into a zodiac animal??
“No, she-OH!! So there are more of you??”
Dang,” the cat muttered. This was going to be hard to explain.
------------------------------
Yay! Third one’s done!
umn, izzit okay that I keep calling Kyo “boy”? I just can’t think of any other way to describe him. Young man was hard enough! Um..whatev. I can do whatever I want, ‘cuz I’m the author, right? Right.
Comment, onegai!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NaomiSohma on August 26, 2006, 12:00:53 AM

NaomiSohma on
NaomiSohmaAww! That was cute! And hilarious, lol! Nice!

egotistic_riceplant on July 6, 2006, 5:04:46 AM

egotistic_riceplant on
egotistic_riceplantKyo saying dangit sounds weird, but the story sounds pretty cute!