Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Resha

The story of Gonan Fairchild. The secrets of how he survived death are here. Warning! If you are scared easily, you may not want to read this!

Chapter 1 - Resha

Chapter 1 - Resha
Part 1: Resha
Hi, my name is Gonan Fairchild, or, as I am known by many, Gonan Skullchild. I don’t have to tell you that I like the former more than the latter if you’re going to call me by my last name. I’ve decided to devote the first part of my story to my second oldest sister, Resha. I have two other sisters and a brother but I guess they don’t mean as much to me as Resha did.
Let me see, what can I tell you about my favorite sister? When I was four and alive I realized that she adored me. I adored her back like any cute adorable little brother should. She was actually the reason why I decided to become a medical ninja. She inspired me.
I knew back then that our clan was different. I knew that our kekkei genkai was mysterious and most of us didn’t know how to use it or control it. Back then I didn’t know what the corpse gene was or that I had it. Our clan only trusted its adult members with those secrets. They also kept the secret of our kekkei genkai from the rest of the world.
I know the things I am saying must sound trivial right now, but they are pivotal facts if you want to understand the events in my story.
When I was four, like every other child, I believed that the village of haunts was only a myth. Most adults don’t believe in the village of haunts either. Then one event changed my life and my way of thinking for the better. Something that made the entire sand village believe in the village of haunts and revealed our clan’s kekkei genkai.
It was a cold evening and Resha and I were walking home from somewhere. The sun was still emitting a little bit of light that made an eerie glow behind the sandy hills. We were looking at each other and didn’t see the man approach us. When we turned to see him Resha switched to protective older sister mode and pushed me behind her. There was a threatening look in his eyes and a kunai in his hand.
“Gonan, run!”
I heard what my sister said, I just couldn’t do it. I was frozen in place. Resha tried to defend herself but the man was too quick. He ran his kunai against Resha’s throat and she fell to the ground. He crouched down to make sure she was dead and then he turned to me.
The man moved closer to me and I stepped back. I don’t know why I looked at his feet but I was glad that I did. I saw sand moving around his feet and it almost lightened my mood. I looked back up at the man and his face was full of worry. I didn’t quite understand why he did that.
“Don’t worry, I’m not goanna hurt you. I need to speak with you,” he said quickly.
“Why did you kill my sister?” I cried furiously.
“Because of the corpse gene.”
“What’s the corpse gene?”
“Don’t worry about that. Your sister will come back more powerful that she was before. That’s not important now. Gonan, do you believe in the village of haunts?”
“Of course not!”
“Well, I guess you will soon enough.”
It wasn’t until that moment that I saw the symbol on his headband. It was the face of a jack-o-lantern on Halloween, two triangle eyes and a crooked smile. That was believed to be the symbol of the village of haunts. Was that REALLY where he was from?
“Have you ever heard of the Uchiha clan?” he asked when I remained silent.
“Uhuh,” I said childishly. (I was in fact a child)
“A few weeks ago, a child with extraordinary power was born into that family. Her name is Nia Uchiha. Her sharingan was awakened on the day she was born.”
“Wow, she must be very powerful.”
“She is going to be the most powerful ninja ever to walk the Earth someday. My sister was born a week after Nia was. On the day we brought her home from the hospital she saved my mother from drinking poison. I saw an early stage of foresight, our clan’s kekkei genkai, forming in her mind.”
“But why are you telling this to me?”
“I was just getting to that. You are going to become good friends with those girls. Now I’m going to say something that is probably going to scare you but don’t worry. You’ll be fine.”
“What’s going to happen to me?”
“That black ring around your arm.” He pointed to the black line that circled my right arm. It had been there since the day I was born.
“What about it?”
“A shadow arm is forming. Eventually it will cause everything below that black ring to fall off and you will die.”
“I won’t be fine if I die! How can I stop it? Tell me!”
“You can’t stop it but you shouldn’t want to stop it. The shadow arm is a rare gift. You will die but you’ll be fine if you listen to me. Fate is going to bring a woman named Eskerna to you. She is the only person who can help you. She has to find you before you die though.”
“How can I find her?”
“I will tell you my village’s secret of speed. Every day you will travel to the hidden leaf village and spend time with Nia Uchiha. One day Eskerna will find you and ask you to train with her.”
“I don’t understand! How will I be fine if I die?”
“You have the corpse gene.”
The man handed me a scroll and disappeared. I was alone until I remembered what I saw earlier. I turned around and sure enough, Gaara was there. I could tell he was worried about me and he was scared. He must have noticed the symbol on the man’s headband. I relaxed a little. Gaara was my best friend and I trusted him.
“Did you see all of that?” I asked in a tiny voice.
He nodded. “The village of haunts is real.”
“I’m scared too.”
“Did he say you were going to die?”
“That’s what I thought he said.”
“Are you going to leave?”
“I don’t want to die! We can still hang out at night.”
“That’s true.”
I could tell he was upset but he was also worried about me. Gaara didn’t want to loose his best friend. I thought that the man meant that I was going to be fine with dying. I didn’t think that Resha would come back. The thought was in the back of my mind but I never thought that it could actually happen. What if he meant that I was going to die and come back to life? I thought that was ridiculous, but I didn’t rule it out.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on July 16, 2009, 2:23:12 AM

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on
Pocky_PixieSticks_Animethis is a little less creepy than the other story. *able to digest it better* pretty interesting. *gives pocky and pixie sticks* (yay! 1st comment on chapter) *1st comment celebration/dance*