Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - A Break With Tradition

The story of Gonan Fairchild. The secrets of how he survived death are here. Warning! If you are scared easily, you may not want to read this!

Chapter 2 - A Break With Tradition

Chapter 2 - A Break With Tradition
Part 2: A Break with Tradition
I ran to tell my father what had happened. His reaction surprised me. He didn’t seem sad at all. He actually looked overjoyed to hear that Resha was dead. He was even happier to hear that I was going to die. The thought that we would come back once again entered my mind. There was no other explanation. My father loved me and he wouldn’t be happy to hear that I was going to die unless I was going to come back.
I thought it was awfully strange that Resha didn’t get a funeral. They just put her in her room. It was kind of scary to walk by her room knowing that there was a dead body in there. A chill ran up my spine every time I walked by that room. I couldn’t even begin to comprehend what was going on in that room.
After about a week of that torture it finally ended. I was home alone when I heard the blood curdling scream fill the house. It came from the direction of Resha’s room. I ran to the door, too afraid to open it, and then it happened. The door slowly slid open and a gaunt, corpsey, gray hand curled its fingers around it. I didn’t know exactly what I was looking at, but it terrified me.
Metaphorically speaking my feet were nailed to the ground. I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the gray hand that was lingering on the side of the door. Then it moved slightly and another gray hand curled its fingers around the other side of the doorway. Things went faster after that. A head with black hair moved slowly out of the room. I couldn’t see the face because it was looking down and the long, straight hair was covering it.
It was definitely a girl but I didn’t know where she came from. She slowly pulled the rest of her body out of the room and straightened her back. Her body was shaking all over as she turned her head to face me. Her eyes were black and expressionless as they looked deeply into mine. Then it hit me and I started crying and fell over.
Her eyes were full of worry as she stumbled to my side. She picked me up and carried me to my room. She smiled sweetly as she dried my tears.
“Don’t cry little brother,” she said calmly.
“Resha, you’re alive!” I cried quite pathetically.
“Yes, Gonan, I am alive. I don’t know how or why, but I’m here. I have so many questions that I fear will never be answered. What are we? Who is responsible for this madness? Will the same thing happen if the rest of you die? How long will this last?”
“The man from before said the same thing would happen to me!”
“Don’t be scared, Gonan, I won’t let anyone hurt you, I promise.”
I didn’t have the heart to tell her that my death had nothing to do with protection. I couldn’t just tell her that there was nothing she could do. I would have to thank her for trying later.
My father was not at all surprised to see Resha. He knew about everything that happened to her. I wish he would have told her but he kept quiet. I wonder why he didn’t warn us before it happened. After that little incident I decided that it was time for me to move to the village of haunts. I had one foot out the door when tragedy struck me three more times.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on July 16, 2009, 2:26:53 AM

Pocky_PixieSticks_Anime on
Pocky_PixieSticks_Animethis is pretty good. i like the extra detail in this compared to the other version. i'm definitely getting a better understanding. *gives pocky and pixie sticks* (yay! another 1st comment on chapter) *1st comment celebration/dance*