Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Memories

This is a story I promised Cat-chan, Moon_Princess, back in October. If she wants to, she can consider it a contest fic, but it doesn't matter to me. This takes place at the end of Eternal Snow, sort of. Read and enjoy!

Chapter 1 - Memories

Chapter 1 - Memories
Memories

The silence in the room was deafening, at least until Cat Tsuru growled in frustration. Gosh dangit, she thought, why does algebra two have to be so hard? She threw her pencil down and glared at her so called “evil” homework.

Her mother interrupted her thoughts with a loud, “Cat! You got a letter in the mail!” Cat sighed in relief before getting up to go retrieve her letter. She took it from her mother and looked at the address to verify it was hers. Sure enough, her name and address were printed directly in the center of the envelope in black ink. After looking at the return address, Cat gasped and dropped the envelope.

“What’s wrong Cat?” her mother asked. Cat stood with wide eyes and pointed at the envelope.

“That’s from the Hall of Concerts,” she said, voice shaking. Her mother picked it up off the floor and opened it up, pulling out an invitation, a passport, and an ID card.

Opening the invitation, her mother read, “Dear Ms. Tsuru, We are pleased to inform you that you have been invited to a dinner party at the Hall of Concerts this coming Friday at seven o’ clock. There will be a short concert afterwards and a guest singer. Both your hostess and the guest singer wish you would attend. We hope to see you there! Enclosed within is a passport and ID, both of which you will have to have with you when you come to the party. Sincerely, the Hall of Concerts staff.”

Cat blinked as her mother handed the invitation, passport, and ID card to her. She said something else before walking off, but Cat didn’t hear her. I’ve been invited to the Hall of Concerts, she thought, no way. Looking at her ID card, she could see her picture and a name that looked vaguely familiar.

“Egyptian Moon,” she whispered and gasped. That’s my…. She couldn’t finish the thought. No one in my world knows me by that, so… does that mean…. Cat shook her head. That’s impossible, but… do I want to go? It will keep my mind off of…. Shaking her head again, she checked the date in the invitation.

“Tomorrow night,” she whispered, “It’s tomorrow night.” Making a split second decision, Cat dashed off to her room to pick out something to wear.

---

“Mom!” Cat called out, “I’m ready to go!” She stood waiting impatiently by the door, continuously sighing in exasperation.

“Just a minute dear!” her mother called back. Cat sighed again. She would’ve driven herself over, but her mother insisted on taking her instead.

The dress she had chosen to wear was a light blue silk dress. It went down to her ankles and had four slits, one on each side, which went about halfway up her calves. The top half of the dress looked a lot like Sleeping Beauty’s dress, but Cat’s dress had slits on the sleeves. Her shoes were light blue, high heeled sandals. Her toenails and fingernails were painted in the same color as the dress. She had light pink lip gloss on her lips, light pink blush on her cheeks, light blue eyes shadow, and a very light layer of mascara. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, but the ends of her hair and bangs were curled. Her silver cartouche was around her neck on its normal silver chain.

She sighed again as her mother came around the corner. Finally, she thought, opening the door and heading out to the car. It seemed to Cat that her mother was going extremely slow on purpose.

The ride over to the Hall of Concerts was spent in awkward silence. Cat spent most of it beating herself up for being so impatient with her mother and trying to stop herself from thinking about the one’s she had to leave behind. Instead, she plagued her mind with questions about the guest singer and the hostess, wondering why she was invited personally to the Hall of Concerts.

When the car rolled to a stop outside the famous Hall of Concerts, which seemed to be deserted even though the parking lot was lit up, Cat turned to her mother, mumbled a goodbye, and exited the car, not bothering to wait and watch it drive out of sight. She pulled herself together by taking a few deep breaths before she walked up to the front doors. A man stood there with a clipboard in his hand. He seemed to glare down at her as she approached.

“I need your passport and ID card please,” he said in a monotone voice. She nodded, pulling them out and handing them to him. He checked the list while muttering her “name” and when he found it, put a checkmark next to it.

Handing the passport and ID card back to her, he said, “Go on in. Tell the first usher you see that you are Egyptian Moon and he will show you exactly where to go.” She nodded and walked past him into a very large foyer. She couldn’t help but gape in awe at the size of the room and the decorations.

An usher walked up to her and asked, “May I help you?” She looked at him and nodded.

“I’m Egyptian Moon,” she said, “The man out front told me you could tell me where to go.”

He nodded and said, “Follow me Ms. Tsuru.” She blinked and followed him to a pair of very large doors that were open slightly, wondering how on Earth he knew who she was. On the other side of the doors she could hear light conversation and the clinking of glasses. The usher opened one of the doors and beckoned for her to follow him. While doing so, Cat looked around the room and realized that most of the people there were adults and seniors from high school. She recognized most of the seniors and some of the adults, but those who looked at her didn’t seem to recognize her at all. She blushed slightly from the attention she was getting and looked back at the usher, making sure not to lose him. He led her to the far side of the room and told her to sit at a very large table full of people. He left and she looked up at the people sitting there before gasping.

“No way,” she whispered. Sitting at the table were all her old friends, Anzu, Yugi, Joey, Kaiba, Mokuba, Otogi, Mai, Shizuka, Honda, Ryou, Kay, Kate, Kanya, and Kairi. They were all smiling up at her and Kay began to giggle. Cat blinked and screamed when something came in contact with her sides, poking her lightly. Whirling around, she saw a beaming Kel behind her.

“I’m glad to finally see you Cat! I’m your hostess for tonight!” Kel said.

Cat blinked and, not knowing what else to say, asked, “How?”

Kel continued beaming and replied, “You never left our world, you just happen to live a few countries over. I researched it to find out and when I did, organized this party just for you. Besides, there’s something I want to share with you.”

Cat blinked again and asked, “The guest singer?” Kel nodded.

“Who is it?” Cat asked. Kel winked at her.

“You’ll see,” she replied before disappearing into a crowd of ushers. Cat blinked again and turned around. She sat down next to Kay and began to get reacquainted with her old friends. Dinner was passed around during this time and Cat remembered how much Honda and Joey could really eat by experiencing it once again first hand. For some reason dinner was slightly hard for her when she remembered that Atemu was no longer with them, but tried to be as cheery as she could for her friends.

After dinner was finished, the lights dimmed and Kel came out onto a stage next to Cat’s table. The spotlight lit her up and she said into the microphone, “May I have your attention please?” The room went silent.

“Thank you,” she said, before continuing. “This is a very special night. I am pleased to announce that we have the famous Egyptian Moon here with us tonight.” There was a round of applause and Cat blushed deeply, especially when a spotlight lit up her seat.

The light returned to Kel as she smiled and continued, “Unfortunately, Egyptian Moon will not be the guest singer tonight.” There were quite a few “that’s not fair” statements being said in the audience and some “why not” statements as well. Kel motioned for it to be quiet.

“However,” she said, “this short concert is dedicated to her and I hope she enjoys it. Instead of Egyptian Moon singing, we will have me, Shadow Dancer, singing instead.” The audience burst into applause again, most of it coming from Cat and her companions. Kel smiled again.

“The song I will be singing tonight,” she said, “is a song that many of you probably know. This is for you Cat-chan.” She looked at Cat as she said that, making Cat blush as music began to play in the background.

“In this world you tried
Not leaving me alone behind
There’s no other way
I’ll pray to the Gods let him stay
The memories ease the pain inside,
Now I know why

All of my memories keep you near
In silent moments,
Imagine you’d be here
All of my memories keep you near,
Your silent whispers, silent tears

Made me promise I’d try
To find my way back in this life
I hope there is a way
To give me a sign you’re okay
Reminds me again it’s worth it all
So I can go home

All of my memories keep you near
In silent moments,
Imagine you’d be here
All of my memories keep you near,
Your silent whispers, silent tears

Together in all these memories
I see your smile
All of the memories I hold dear
Darling, you know I’ll love you
Till the end of time

All of my memories keep you near
In silent moments,
Imagine you’d be here
All of my memories keep you near
Your silent whispers, silent tears

All of my memories….”

The music played for a few more seconds before it faded into nothing and the crowd burst into applause. Cat’s table exploded with cheers as she sat there in complete shock. Right before the bridge of the song she saw Atemu come down in sparkling light right behind Kel and he put his hands on her shoulders with a soft smile on his face. It looked like he whispered something to her but Cat couldn’t be sure.

Suddenly, she realized that she was just sitting there, so she joined in the applause and stood up with her friends. Kel was on stage and bowing with a big grin on her face. Her eyes sparkled as she made eye contact with Cat and she winked. Cat grinned back at her and cheered louder.

---

“He told me to tell you that it’s time to let go. That means both of us Cat-chan,” Kel told her. Cat blinked at her.

“What about Galadrian?” she asked. Kel shook her head.

“She’s had to let go, the gods told her that she cannot be with him anymore,” Kel replied.

“Why?” Cat asked, blinking.

“Because fate has been changed and that isn’t her path,” Kel responded.

Cat blinked at that but decided not to ask about it, instead saying, “And Luna?”

“She’s let go too,” Kel replied. Cat nodded and looked at the floor of the private room they were in.

“I’m sorry she had to give him up,” Cat said, looking back up at her.

Kel shook her head and said, “It’s no big deal, she’s lived without him for 5000 years, I’m sure she’ll do fine.”

Cat nodded and said, “Guess we better go back to everyone else.”

Kel nodded and replied, “They have to catch their plane in the morning.” Cat nodded and followed her out the door to see everyone else.

---

“Keep in contact okay?” Kay told her. The other girls nodded in agreement. Cat nodded.

“I’ll try,” she said.

“Can we just go?” Kaiba asked impatiently. Cat nodded and told everyone goodbye. Kel, who was standing in between Cat and Anzu, waved them all off.

“See you guys in a couple years!” Anzu shouted after them. They all waved back except Ryou who whispered something in Kel’s ear. She blushed profusely and muttered a goodbye to him. He smiled at her, waved to Cat and Anzu, and ran to catch up with everyone else.

Kel turned to Cat and said, “Our flight will be leaving in a few minutes so we have to say goodbye as well.”

Cat nodded and Anzu said, “Hope to see you around Cat!” Cat nodded and muttered a solemn goodbye. Anzu smiled softly and turned to head for the plane. Kel followed her a ways before turning back around to Cat.

“Good luck Cat-chan! I have a feeling that something good is going to happen soon!” Cat looked up at Kel who winked at her before running to catch up with Anzu. Cat just stood there for a minute in confusion before heading for her mother’s car to go home.

---

If you wanna find out how it ends, then go read the end of Eternal Snow, unless you already know because I don’t really feel like rewriting it. Just imagine Cat thinking “So they gave him up for me? Kel was right.” Or something like that.

I’m sorry if I left anyone out. I know there were a bunch of OCs in Eternal Snow, but unfortunately, I can’t remember them all. So if one of them isn’t in here, then please let me know and I’ll fix it.

If anyone is confused about any of this, please don’t hesitate to ask and I’ll explain, I promise. Though you guys may not understand the Galadrian thing, and I’m sure Cat really doesn’t, the Cat in this story does. And I’m letting you all know that Kel isn’t really in Eternal Snow, but for the sake of this fic, she is.

Cat-chan, I’m sorry if Cat was OOC in any way at all and I hope you don’t mind that I put her in algebra two. I only did that because that happens to be the math class I’m in. Is there anything else… oh yeah. Since I haven’t read the singer career part of Eternal Snow for a while, and since you’re rewriting that part, I hope you don’t mind that I used Egyptian Moon for this because I started this fic way back in October when the beginning of Eternal Snow wasn’t being rewritten. I hope you enjoyed it Cat-chan!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Moon_Princess on January 29, 2008, 9:47:39 AM

Moon_Princess on
Moon_PrincessWhoa! OoO This story was AMAZING!
I LOVE it! x3 *glomps you and favs a million times*
Amazing job! I love it so much!!! :D Thank you!
It was fun to read. ^.^
And don't worry. Cat wasn't OOC. :D


~Moon_Princess

KelekiahGaladrian on January 29, 2008, 9:38:15 PM

KelekiahGaladrian on
KelekiahGaladrian*blushes* Thanks Cat-chan.

You're welcome.

^^ I'm glad you enjoyed reading it because I had fun writing it.

YES!! I'M SO GLAD I DIDN'T MESS HER UP!! *faints from lack of sleep and exhaustion*