Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Background

This is the story of Shawn.

{THIS IS AN EXTREMELY ROUGH 1 DRAFT! PLEASE WRITERS OF FAC, TAKE THIS PIECE AND EDIT IT, TWIST IT, ADD TO IT, DO WHATEVER, AS LONG AS YOU TELL ME! I WILL THEN UPDATE THE CHAPTER AND CREDIT YOU.}

Chapter 1 - Background

Chapter 1 - Background
Chap 1: Background

1 1/2 YEARS EARLIER[/b][/u]

"Shawn pass the ball!!"

That's Dave. David Linderman. He's my only friend. I'm his only friend too. I don't blame the other kids for avoiding us. We're different. Special. They wouldn't understand. Ever.

Dave's dad was a big time mobster. Everyone in school knew it. That's part of the reason why he was avoided. Dave never gets to see his dad, well, not that i know of anyways. I mean, who am i to talk. I haven't seen my dad since i was 7. Me and Dave's fathers work together. My dad is Mr. Linderman's right-hand-man. Our mothers were best friends since high school. They did everything together: Went to the movies, Had Sleepovers, ect. They were like twins. They even had they're babies on the same day. That's right. Me and Dave were the "Miracle Twins". I mean, im obviously better and cooler, but we were born on the same second. People and nurses say that at the same moment they heard 2 babies screeching, begging for air.

So thats how it is. Our fathers are together, We're together, and our mothers WERE. Yup, my mom is dead. I...It was an accident. I was only 9! That's when i knew i was different. That's when reality struck. What happened to her you ask? She was burned. In black flames. The weird thing was, i did it while i was asleep. DREAMING about me burning her with black flames, and i woke up and it was like a literal dream come true. Except not as fairy-taleish. Every since my mom died, i've lived with Dave and his mom.

She constantly tells me not to be ashamed of what i did. She says that we're all special. Me, her, david, mr. linderman, dad, and mom. Whenever i ask her about what we can all do she never answers fully. But by now i know most of them. Dave can do a bunch of things. He can fly, he's a flame thrower, he can stay warm in cold places (which is oddly specific), and he can predict things which coupled with his ability to dream about the future is very useful. His mom can predict things when she thinks about them. Like if she thinks about how much i have studied for a test, what the questions for that test have been in the past couple of years, and what i have gotten on my last couple of tests, she can know what my grade will be on my next exam. And it's weird because she just KNOWS these things. She just KNOWS what my grades were. She just KNOWS what the test questions were for the past 23 years. And it's also weird because she's always right!

Dave's dad can heal things. I dont know much more about it. I try to avoid Mr. Linderman. My dad, however, has a really cool ability. He is a healer too, like mr. linderman. But when i asked dave's mom, Carol, about it, she made it sound all scientific. She said that 'He had the ability of Cellular Regeneration.'

My mom's ability was that she could dream. Dream about the future. Like Dave. and Me. But her dreams were different than me and dave's. Her's were more complex. and, according to carol, she could dream about things that wouldnt happen for years. My mom could also dream about the past. from different perspectives. She could (but didnt, because you dont control what you dream about) dream about the 9/11 tragedy. She could know the exactly what happened inside of the cockpits of the 2 planes that crashed into the WTC.

I bet you're wondering about my ability. I am an 'Analytical Learner'. Lame right? Wrong. If i see a person, not only can i tell if they have an ability, right away, but i can also take it. I just need to make contact with them. A brush by them on a train. A punch to the face. A securing pat on the back. You name it. Dave can do something similar. Dave's similar ability is what makes us so power-compatible. If he is positive that someone has an ability, he can sense how powerful, destructive, or weak it is. But if he was wrong about the person having abilities then he described it as 'feeling like you ran full speed and head butted a brick wall and it ripped out you're hair, strand by strand.'. Ouch. He can absorb peoples abilities too. but he has to work for it. he needs to study the person and learn how they use and trigger the abilities. then he touches them. then he gets the abilities.

Neither of us can tell what the ability is though. We both have similar abilities that tell us similar things. We do different things though. We try to compete. See who can get the coolest abilities. We both started out with 2 abilities. Well i started with three, and i guess thats why im special. He could fly and he had the 'learning abilities' ability. When he was born, he started levitating to the ceiling. If it weren't for the umbilical cord, who knows how long he would've been stuck up there.

Right now i can do some pretty cool stuff. I am also a flame thrower and a future dreamer like Dave and my mom. And, on a plane one day when i was really little, i picked up a mixture ability. Now i can mix 2 abilities, if theyre 'compatible'. Weird right? But i have 2 main abilities that set me apart from everyone else. i was born with both of them and my learning ability. I am able to regenerate, like my dad. It's cool and all, but i can't do it to the same extent as a normal regenerator and i can't use it at my free will. like when i was 5 i broke my arm, and had to wear a cast for months, but, for instance, the other day i was running and banged my hand on a pole. My wrist was rotated backwards. Over the course of about 15 minutes, it just turned itself around and i felt fine.

My other ability. That i was born with. Well, it's a bit more complicated. I'm 17 and i still don't get it completely. I was born with partial cellular regeneration, analytical learning, and darkness manipulation. Sounds wack, doesnt it? It;s not. not at all. in fact, carol said that my mother wouldnt have died if it were just fire. but she said she died from a lack of light. her eyes were;nt accustom to the lack of light so they tried to adjust and ended up blinding her. She stood there as a flame engulfed her. That;s what carol predicted, at least.

My abilities. I test them. To see how they work, and what my limits are. I once erased a shadow from a blonde woman that was walking down the street. and another time, it was hot and sunny, like most summer days, and i saw a small ant. it had a tiny little shadow. i took it into my hands. not the ant...the shadow. it formed into a ball in my hand and at the moment i was wishing for some shade. the tiny ant shadow formed into the shape of a large tree.

Well that's a background on me. A background on David. On his mom. On my mom and her death. On me and david's fathers. on our abilities. Our gifts. Our burdens. Our curses.

I whipped the football hard into the sky. i watched it arc and perfectly cradle into dave;s hands. today was going to be a good day. I smiled.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment