Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Internet Browsers

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Chapter 3 - Internet Browsers

Chapter 3 - Internet Browsers
What browser should i use ?
im a bit confused about browsers please tell which one should i choose ?


Frankly its all about what you'll find as a preferance based on the features. - Though to help you with that I'll elaborate on the features you might like specifically about each browser.

Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari. They're basically the main stream ones you'll run into as I'm sure you know them all already. Safari is probably the worst one, plain and simple. - I wouldn't suggest it. However it was one of the most important browsers to be made for the reason being that it was the first one to integrate Java into the browser itself. - However Microsoft copied that with IE later on, so the rest of the browsers basically have followed obviously. Plain and simple, its no longer unique.

Google Chrome is a great browser, its got custom add-ons you can download into the browser somewhat like the idea of having Java integrated into the browser, but far more various things. And believe me, there's little to nothing that you can't find. - A lot of creative things people have made. (Though to stop myself on that note, Firefox and Opera both have add-ons as well. I'll get into that in a moment though.) There's a lot of rescent contreversy over Google Chrome though after a rescent public announcement by one of the CEO's of the program stating something around the idea that we'll have no privacy, and in basic terms; without knowing it the program will be scanning through your computer for illegal things, along with your history for things you may have done as well.

Firefox is one of the first browsers to be fully customizable, Open Source. - Google Chrome and Opera are as well, though to be frank about it Firefox has succeeded the most with its Add-Ons over both of them. It caught on much faster, and there's much more. The general idea of Firefox seperating it from other browsers was that basically, its a blank sheet. You can customize it, and do whatever the hell you want with it to your liking. - Its very easy to use, quite fast, and generally my preferance honestly. HOWEVER, I suggest you stick with Version 3.6. Firefox 4 BETA isn't that great and copied a great feature that Opera originally, and still has. - You'll notice if you look at them INSTANTLY.

Opera predates Google Chrome and Firefox, that being said along with my statement earlier of it having add-ons as well however is not so much connected. Because honestly I don't know when it developed its add-ons into the browser, though I assume somewhere after Firefox did it. It is a GREAT browser, very organized, though not as customizable - though you still have much you can customize. Its a very smooth rolling browser. Though to be frank, its probably the slowest of these browsers. - The Cache if you keep it at default from downloading it will make it run VERY slow after a while. So be sure to look into that if you choose it. Give this one a shot for sure before you choose Google or Firefox.

Internet Explorer obviously is another one, though to say the least. It copies most of its features from other browsers. The last time Microsoft released a new version of Internet Explorer was in 2009 if I remember correctly, and its not even that great. - Security was crappy, though its speed was actually fairly good. - Its got VERY POOR customization, and other obvious things you could think up I'm sure. Though I'll focus more on the newer version that was released. Here's the first problem, its only Windows 7 compatible currently. So if you've XP or Vista, good luck with your old crappier one. The new one takes the general layout of Google Chrome, a few features from Opera as well like the Speed Dial function. A bunch of things. - Its not all that bad, but if you hear good things about it, they're full of crap.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment