Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Cold Truth

When Keidii discovers she's half wolf a whole new path is set out for her. Five different packs fighting against each other?!?! Which one will she choose to join alliances with? Will they accept her being half husky? Why are the packs fighting?

Chapter 1 - The Cold Truth

Chapter 1 - The Cold Truth
Keidii stared at her reflection in the pouring rain. She saw most of the other huskies, inside their master's houses, asleep next to the fireplace; not her, she was stranded outside all alone.

"Why am I so different?" She asked herself for about the one hundredth time.

She walked back to the cold, dark, lonely alley, she called home. The sheer cold wind blew down on her dark grey coat. When would she ever find a place where anybody accepted her? She lay down in a soggy cardboard box and wandered what made her so different from the others.

Dawn broke and Keidii awoke with a start. She sighed and walked out of the alley and into the outskirts of the town. There she saw a wolf. The wolf just stood there, watching her, before letting out a shrill howl. Somehow, Keidii just managed to make out what the wolf was trying to tell her. It was saying what are you doing over there.

"I live here!" She replied with a bark.

The wolf cocked it's head to the side and howled again.

"A wolf living in a town? Why'd you want to do that?"

"I'm not a wolf! I'm a husky!"

"Husky? Look at yourself. Your one of us!" The jet black brute stared at her.

Approximately five other wolves emerged from somewhere out in the snowy depths of outside the village. They, too stared at her. The brute looked like he was talking to the other wolves then he began to wlk over to Keidii.

"The name's Zakku." He said.

"I'm Keidii..." Said Keidii, still trying to believe she's a wolf.

"Hey, you wanna join us?" Zakku asked.

"No... this is my home." She replied.

Zakku and the others began to walk away to where they came from again.

Suddenly, she realised it must be true. The other huskies had a home yet nobody wanted her. Humans didn't let their children near her. The other huskies didn't speak to her unless they were bullying her. It all appeared clear to her now.

"Hey, wait up!" Keidii let out a quiet barkish howl, running towards the brute and his companions.

They looked at her.

"Hey, I'll come with you guys!" She said.

"Welcome to the team." Zakku acknowledged.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Metalicnacho on July 1, 2007, 2:11:03 AM

Metalicnacho on
Metalicnacho... right i got it

ginathehedgehog on June 29, 2007, 9:44:20 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogwow, awesome! I really need to post Jina's story sometime soon ^^

KidRaccoon on June 24, 2007, 7:37:52 AM

KidRaccoon on
KidRaccoon............Like a combination of Call of the Wild and Balto........ O.o
Nice job, Kadie!!!!! ^^

PunkWolfGirl on June 24, 2007, 5:24:06 PM

PunkWolfGirl on
PunkWolfGirlCorrect! :D

KidRaccoon on June 25, 2007, 5:36:13 AM

KidRaccoon on
KidRaccoonSCORE!!!!!!!!!! XD *does the Deidara dance*