Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Iris & Layer encounter (part tow)

Layer decided to tell Zero about her feelings , but what happends if someone came back from death...unexpected gust.read and findout.it is from girls POV

Chapter 6 - Iris & Layer encounter (part tow)

Chapter 6 - Iris & Layer encounter (part tow)
 
Iris' POV
 
When I heard the Intruder alarm comes off It reminded me of that fire alarm from this morning and then my memory flew way back and I remembered  the mavericks alarm along with tons of painful memories I couldn't endure, I felt light headed and I reached for support and the nearest thing to me was …Layer
"Are you OK?" She asked in tender voice
I shook my head no, she pulled me closer and supported me to stay standing.
"Do you feel like sitting?" she asked again
"No I'm fine" I never thought she could be nice, judging by our previous encounters but I guess I was wrong
"What are we going to do now?" I asked
"Nothing we'll just wait for the HQ to send someone over hear once they get the alarm, he or she'll be here in 30 min max"
She looked a little over stressed about something "what is it?" I asked her
"…I don't like this , someone has been manipulating the system , this sort of things is supposed to be confidential "
Now that she stated it sounds scary "maybe it is just a system glitch?" I suggested
"glitches may occur but it wouldn't explain how our –recently-dead friend got in"
"Dead friend?" I repeated
"For god sake Iris…the rat!"
"Oh…but I'm still not getting it..."
The new and updated security system shouldn't let a fly in, how would this rat come in if not for someone to let it in?"
Ah…a clumsy hacker!" "
"You are just making it worst"
These are going to be long 30 min …
 
***
Most of the time had passed by now, but I didn't feel much better so I kept holding on to Layer, she didn't seem to mind.
"Who do you think they are going to send?"
"I don't know, maybe anyone"
I sigh, I took a look at Layer who was too busy thinking and worrying, she is not as bad as I thought she was, she's a little short tempered , but she's a little nice too.

I was brought back to reality by the noise of the turn off of the alarm and not far after the door opened Layer didn't seem to care about it, that's when someone stepped in, it was Zero…what a big surprise.
He seemed as if he was about to say something but backed off he looked surprised, I wondered what was surprising him then it hit me.
He was looking at me holding onto Layer like a child holding onto his mom this sure is confusing, I blinked couple of times then I instantly pulled back and I blushed a little.
Layer walked past Zero still deeply consumed by he thoughts then she said" Come on , We've to go back to the HQ and get to the bottom of this !"  
Totally ignored Zero looked at her direction then back at me, and gave me the what-is-with-her look I shrugged
 
I went past Zero too following Layer "Wait Layer! Aren't going to get what we came for?"
 "No, I'll handle it later, now I've got to find our intruder" still walking she added "come on Iris"
"Are you perhaps willing to explain any of this to me?" Zero spoke who was totally ignored
I looked behind to see his expression, and for the first time I couldn't understand him
"I'll explain everything later when we go back "Layer answered still giving him her back
"I want an explanation right now! "Zero rose his tone, I can obviously see that this is not going to end well.
"I..We don't have time for thi-.." Layer was cut off by Zero
"And can you possibly face me while you are speaking to me" Zero was upset
Layer looked back in mix of surprise and somewhat anger, I stepped back.
She lowered her face so that he hair could cover her eyes completely, she took defensive position as she held her arm, knowing that Zero can tell what others may think by looking at their eyes, Layer was confusing Zero even more, but I wonder if Zero noticed.
"I'm sorry sir , but I already made myself clear about explaining every once we get back, and I apologize for not looking at your direction " Layer is purposely riling Zero, I hope she know what she is doing .
"Layer! I don't know what's wrong with you but I swear-" I cut Zero off by holding his hand; I couldn't just watch anymore I had to do something.
Zero stopped and looked at me surprisingly
"I can't work with this anymore" Layer's word caught our both attention, I don't know what to do anymore, but likely Zero didn't react to this, Layer walked toward the exit  and left us behind .
Same way we came here, we had to walk all five floors to teleport back to the HQ, Layer was walking a little far from us, I was still holding Zero's arm to make sure it wouldn't swing at the nearest wall, because when ever he gets mad or frustrated he punched near by hard objects.
The atmosphere was unbearably heavy and silent, I didn't notice it before but, what happened just moments before seemed like…
'Lovers fight?'
 
**
Once we returned to the HQ Layer walked straight to the N.C and considering what happened this morning it wasn't where I wanted to be, therefore I decided to stay with Zero.
I looked at him.. he was gazing at the way Layer took 'not again…!'
Zero leaned back at wall looking at the ground "Iris " he spoke
His voice made shiver run down my spine, I knew this tone, he was going to tell me something disturbing.
 I slowly turned around, "Yes…?" I answered in weak voice.
"What on earth were you doing with Layer?" I blinked couple of times, how can I possibly respond to that?
"Why, I weren't supposed to?" good answered, I smiled to myself.
"Never mind" he took few steps away
"Zero!"
"What?"
"Why are you being cold to me?"
                       I took him by surprise, he turned to face me "am I?" he reply innocently.
He is so cute when he is like that, and how I love to take advantage of these moments "Yes you are!...I was brought back 2 days a go and you don't even know where I was yesterday"
He looked socked as if he just noticed this right now "I'm sorry " he said
He..he apologized ? Something is defiantly wrong with him. I was taken back by his sudden announcements
"Do you want to go out?"
"Of course I do" I instantly answered.
Zero smiled at me, and then we took off.
**
It was about midnight now, couple of hours after we came back, I went directly to my room and head to my balcony and rested my crossed arm on the hedge and sunk my face down into them.
It was like the worst time ever, even though he took me to really nice places Zero seemed disconnected and silent, and when I spoke he barely listened, and on top of this when he escorted me here he forgot to kiss me goodnight. I looked at the city lights from my balcony and sighed.
"Something is not right" I spoke lightly
I heard a soft knock on my door "Come in" I yelled it must be Zero, maybe he realized he should apologize about that lousy date he took me to, and he defiantly should or even better he should make it up for me, I was so caught by fantasies I didn't notice the hand that hit me on the forehead.
"Hey that was not funny Ze……." I stopped when I turned around to see to whom that hand belonged.
"You are not Zero " I said.
"No, I'm not" Layer said "I was wondering were did you disappear.
"I was with Zero" I answered.
"Oh I see" Layer stood just beside me.
"Don't look so gloomy, it was-…"she caught me off
"Son of…what A view!!" She shouted "Zero must've really loved you keeping this room for even thought you were gone" her voice slightly lighter.
Her expression mildly changes whenever she speaks of Zero, but she sure has a good point.
Still how in hell she could have known, I looked at her surprisingly.
"Alia" she answered.
"The blonde"
"No, not Zero…Alia"
We both laughed, "Thinking of it, she can easily be his hell-dimension sister" Layer added. "She is really nice thought….sometimes"
"I think you are nice too"
She was a little taken off "Thank you…"
It was true, I meant it.
"Iris" she said "can I ask you something?"
"Sure"
"Do you still love Zero?"
I didn't see this one coming, I was surprised, but I have to say that it had me thinking.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment