Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Dormin

After the Battle of Long Valley, the KH team reached the waning stage of their adventure.

Chapter 5 - Dormin

Chapter 5 - Dormin
Dormin


Riku, Sora, and Wander once again appeared within the grand chamber of the temple.
What a rush. Sora said.
You said it. Riku added.
You, a voice suddenly shouted, who are you?!
The key bearers looked to the direction of the altar where the voice originated. Upon the altar steps and at the altar itself, six men stood. Five of them looked like soldiers, dressed similar to the trio say for the masks that they wore. They were armed with sword or crossbow. The sixth individual, who happened to be slightly smaller in stature, must have been the leader. He was dressed in a grey hooded coat with a shaman mask in the shape of a dog or owls head.
Who the heck are you guys? Sora asked.
How did you get here? Riku added.
I could be asking you the same thing! the cloaked man said. You dared to trespass upon this ground and use the forbidden spell to release the evil?
What are you talking about? Who are you?-
I am Lord Emon, chief shaman and protector of this realm. What gives you the gall the break the seal of this world?! Are you trying to send this world into a second darkness?-
A second darkness&? Sora wondered.
Listen, sir, we dont know what youre talking about. Riku explained. We were just helping Wander fulfill his task to revive his love.
Wander&? Lord Emon uttered. So hes responsible?
It was at that moment, Wander started to stir and stagger to his feet. His body, weak and decrepit in form, was an unbearable sight to behold.
Wander, Sora said, Youre alright.
Mono& Wander uttered as he began to walk towards the altar.
I dont believe this, Emon growled, So it was you after all, Wander! Have you any idea what youve done?! Not only did you steal the sword and trespass upon this cursed land, but you used the forbidden spell as well! To be reduced to such a sight, you were only being used!
He was only being used?-
What do you mean he was only being used? Riku asked.
Wander came to beseech Dormin, Emon said, believing that hed be able to grant any wish his heart desired. But Dormin is not a being of wisdom. It is the evil that has been concealed in this land.
But what about those colossi, arent they evil too?-
Those colossi werent evil! They were merely immortal guardians meant to conceal the darkness. Dormins power was divided into sixteen separate entities. Those colossi were responsible for guarding each segment of dark energy. But now because you idiots have killed all sixteen guardians, Dormins power has been revived and united into a single entity. He will once again become a pestilence to all the land, destroying all civilizations in his path as he did to the once thriving society centuries before. And Wander is his host body.
His body is being used by Dormins evil?-
So thats why his body looks like that now. Sora uttered.
Emon drew out his hand and the soldiers drew their weapons, drawing back their crossbows or drawing out their swords.
Eradicate the source of the evil! Emon commanded. One of the soldiers drew up his crossbow.
No, what do you have to shoot him for?! Sora threw himself in between Wander and the arrow.
Get out of the way, fool! You dare to protect the evil one?!-
But he didnt know this would happen!-
Its too late for regret! He must die or he will spread misery throughout this land, would you prefer that?!-
No&but&-
Get out of the way young man and let us do what we have to do!-
Mono& Wander said. He passed by Sora continuing to advance.
Look, hes possessed by the dead. Emon pointed to the rear. The key bearers looked to find shadows suddenly appearing around them.
Riku&? Sora uttered.
Heartless&? Riku thought. The key bearers backed down. Their minds were filled with questions. They wanted to help Wander, but was his life more important than the fate of the land?
Riku, what are we going to do?-
We have no other choice. Riku lowered his head. We cant interfere.
But Wander, he&
Look at him, Sora. Hes completely possessed by darkness. I hate to say it, but we cant be responsible for bringing a downfall to this land by allowing our friend to live. We have to let Emon do as he will.-
Wander& Sora could only watch as Wander marched on to his doom with the dark, tormented souls following him.
Hurry up and do it! Emon ordered.
The soldier shot him in the left leg, forcing Wander to collapse. He moaned and cried as he grasped for the arrow sticking out of his flesh.
Mono& he continued to cry. Mono, my love&
It is better to put him out of his misery than to exist, cursed as his is.-
Another soldier came forward and drew his sword over Wander. Wander rolled upon his back and looked up at his inevitable death. The sword hung over him, glimmering in the pale light.
Please&-
The soldier did not relent. With a single downward thrust, he stabbed Wander in the chest. The young man, overcome with exhaustion did not have the energy to cry out.
Wander&! Sora cried, as he and Riku watched their friend ruthlessly impaled.
But for some reason, he did not die. Wander grasped at the blade. The soldiers were shocked and withdrew from the possessed warrior. Wander was in no way affected by the sword which now stuck out of his chest. Black shadowy ooze spurted out of the open wound as he stood up again.
Hes possessed alright. Riku said.
Wander continued his stride towards the altar, determined to reach his love. He pulled out the sword and threw it aside. But his energy was drained and he could not advance any further. At the same time, when he extracted the sword, shadow from the wound began to manifest all over his body, covering every inch of him in shadow. Overwhelmed by this darkness, Wander gave in completely, falling to the ground. There he lay as the shadow covered him from head to toe. He lay there, motionless, the life purged from his body. The members of the party believed that it was over.
So, Emon said, Wander is dead.
Wander& Sora uttered, a tear falling from his eye.
Damn it, Riku grumbled, To think that it would end like this.
His efforts were in vain, Emon thought to himself, looking back at the still lifeless body of Mono. Wander had sacrificed everything, including his body, mind, and his soul, and yet the life of his love has not returned.
But no sooner had things quieted, the body of Wander began to manifest even further as the shadow began to spread around his being taking another shape. The being stood up, growing larger and larger until its head could reach the very ceiling of the chamber. It was a dark and sinister form with clawed hands and feet, a furry complexion, spider like limbs on its back and especially its large horns upon the top of its head. Upon its face, there was no feature, but two glowing, pale blue eyes. The thing towered over them like a mountain. The soldiers backed away.
Thats not Wander. Riku said, Not anymore.
Riku, Sora implied, It looks like&like&
I know, that thing looks like a heartless.-
At last, the being chuckled in a deep and sinister voice, We have been revived to our original form. Thou severed our body into sixteen segments for an eternity in order to seal away our power. We, Dormin, have arisen anew.
We were too late. Emon said. Hes been resurrected. Dormin suddenly slammed his hand upon the group, trying to crust them. The soldiers quickly evaded as the monsters mighty fist made impact with the floor. The stone slabs shattered and the rumble of the ground forced the group to fall.
We have borrowed the body of this warrior! The dead souls thus converged into Dormin, making him stronger.
Quickly, we must place a seal over the entire shrine before its too late! The soldiers began to run, protecting Lord Emon. But Dormin threw his mighty arm in their path.
Sorry, shaman, we wont let thee get away from this shrine! The monster then unleashed an acidic breath which blinded and chocked the group. He then raised his hand above his head and made ready to unleash the final blow. Now die!
But before he could strike, Riku and Sora came before him and began to strike at Dormin with their keyblades and elemental attacks.
Youre right, Sora. Riku said. This guy is just like a heartless.
You guys get out of here now! Sora shouted. Well hold him off!
Lets go, my lord. One of the soldiers beseeched.
Yes&-
The party of six withdrew as Riku and Sora stayed behind to hold off the shadowy being.
Thou dare betray us? Dormin declared.
We never betrayed you! Sora shouted.
We never befriended you from the start! Riku added. Let this be our repentance for helping to release you!
But we are Wander, thy friend. Dormin said. He is part of our being.
Youre not Wander, youre just a soulless monster, a heartless!-
Then so be it. Thou dare stand in our way? Then thou shall die for thy deception!-
The great monster threw down his arm upon the key bearers, but his massive size prevented him from striking quickly and his lack of space prevented him from effectively striking. Riku and Sora dodged and evaded.
Face it, Dormin, Sora shouted, You cant catch us the way youre moving!
Thou dare to mock us? The giant heartless unleashed its burning breath, hoping to cripple the key bearers, but his foes evaded again.
The duo then rushed in inflicted severe strikes against the monster. Dormin growled as he felt the keyblades strike into his shadowy flesh. Angered, he pounded again, but again the two eluded the strike only to counterstrike successfully themselves.
What is this power? Dormin cried as he felt the stinging of the keyblades. It burns us!
Youre no different from a heartless. Sora said. Therefore, theres nothing you can do to defend against the keyblade!
Give it up, Dormin! Riku added. You cant beat us!
Is that so? Dormin chuckled. Then cut away if thee wish! But be warned that if thou kill us, then thy beloved companion shall die as well.
Wander&? Sora said.
Yes, Wander is part of our being. He will thus lose his life as we. The key bearers held their assault. Dormin chuckled. Thou fools, thy feelings get in the way. Our power is indomitable! The giant fumed his breath. The key bearers, evaded. But because of their emotional ties with Wander, they reacted too late and were struck by the cloud. They coughed and chocked, while their eyes burned with pain.
I cant see. Sora cried. It burns&!
I cant breathe&! Riku coughed.
Now die! Dormin raised his fists above his head and prepared to deliver a final blow.

However, he little realized that by fighting the key bearers, he allowed Lord Emon and his soldiers to withdraw safely from the temple.
Ready my horse! he instructed.
Yes sir. One of the soldiers replied.
Lord Emon, another soldier added. He handed Emon the sacred sword, which was retrieved during the scuffle.
Good, Emon replied, wait outside. I must do something first.
Sir& The soldiers quickly scurried back to their horses. In the meantime, Emon looked down the tower shaft to a sacred pool at the very bottom.
If there is one way to seal away the monster for good, then it will be through means of diminishing through generation. Let the last defy his fate! The shaman thus threw the sword down the tower and into the pool. Be gone foul beast!

The minute the sword struck the pool, a strange energy erupted. Powerful winds and a strong vortex like current bellowed. Dormin was on the verge of crushing the key bearers when he felt the surge of energy take hold of at him and pull him away into the sacred pool. The wind was like that of a blustery day to anyone else, but to the beast, the pull of the wind was as strong as a black hole. He could not escape it.
No, he roared as his power slowly diminished, Curse thee, shaman, thou hast sealed our fate!
Whats happening? Sora asked.
I dont know. Riku replied. It looks like Dormins being pulled into something.
Look, Riku, They watched as the shadow diminished. Dormins form thus vanished and only the shadowy form of Wander remained.
Mono, he cried as he reached for his beloved with futility. He was thrown back and tumbled towards the glowing cesspool.
Is that Wander? Sora said. Hes still alive!
We gotta help him! Riku added.
The two key bearers rushed forward, trying to catch up with Wander who was still tumbling about like an autumn leaf. He reached the cesspool which glowed profusely. He grabbed to the sides, hanging on with all his might, but the strength in his arms gave way. Lacking further strength, he let go. But Riku and Sora managed to grab a hold of both of his arms.
Hang on, Wander!-
We gotcha!-
The pull of the energy was even greater and it started to pull the key bearers in as well.
Its no use. Wander said.
No, Sora cried. Dont give up! Dont you dare give up on us!
Cmon, Sora, Riku cried, Pull as hard as you can! The key bearers heaved as hard as they could, but such effort was futile. The wind was too great even for them.
Its no use, you guys. Wander said. Just let go.
Let go...? Sora asked. But why&?-
Its what I want.-
But all your effort, all of your suffering&
I know, but it was all in vain. All sixteen colossi have been slain, but life has not returned to my beloved Mono. It was all a ploy by Dormin to free himself from his prison. His being resides within me now. I cant afford to have him roam about and regain his strength.-
But Wander&-
All this time I was wrong. My ambition and desires blinded me. Let me at least repent by destroying Dormins power once and for all. Please, Riku, Sora, let go, or youll be dragged in too.-
Were not gonna give up on you, Wander!-
If you keep holding on, you yourselves might be pulled in. And who knows whatll happen after that. Please, let go and live. Its better for one to die than three.-
No& Sora uttered.
Its alright, Ive accepted my fate. Its better to die than to be possessed by a demon. Now, let go.-
Very well... Riku said.
But just one more thing before you do, I just wanted to tell you thanks. Thanks for accompanying me. Ill never forget you&-
With a final sad smile, the key bearers released Wander. His body vanished into the light of the cesspool. There was a strong reaction and the energy seemed to pull and push at the same time. Riku and Sora were blinded and threw themselves to the stone floor as the energy flowed above them. Within seconds of releasing Wander to his fate, the power diminished and all was calm as they were before.

In the meantime, Lord Emon and his soldiers managed to cross the bridge back to safely. The bridge behind them began to collapse, thus sealing the way to the forbidden lands forever. Emon could only look back.
Poor ungodly soul, he said, Now no man shall ever trespass upon this place again. He looked at the collapsed debris of where the great bridge to the temple once stood. He watched as the dust settled for the last time in the cursed lands. Emon lowered his head solemnly. Should you be alive, if its even possible to continue to exist in these sealed lands, one day, perhaps youll make atonement for what youve done.
My lord, one soldier said.
Yes,-
Giving no final word or a final glance back, Emon and his troops withdrew, never to return.

Riku and Sora slowly lifted up their heads. There was a dead silence now.
Is it over? Sora asked.
I think so. Riku replied.
Poor Wander&-
To think that all his efforts were for nothing&-
But just then as the key bearers lifted themselves up, they were met with the sound of cooing. They turned towards where the cesspool resided. In place of the water, there was smooth rock. And there, lying on the ground was a little baby boy. Upon his head were little stumps on his head, miniature horns to be precise. It cooed and smiled.
Its a baby, Sora uttered.
I know, Riku added, But where did it come from?-
You dont suppose that maybe that baby is& The key bearers examined the baby. Riku then lifted it up. The baby laughed and smiled.
Yes, without a doubt, this is Wander.
Well, what do we do with him?-
I dont know. The two key bearers set him down again.
I guess we take care of it?-
Are you kidding, Sora, we know nothing about taking care of babies.-
Well, I was just suggesting. Besides, were the only ones here.-
Well yeah, but&-
Just then, the key bearers suddenly found their bodies vanishing from sight.
Whats happening to us?-
Were disappearing!-
Is this mission over&?-
With no further words, the key bearers vanished from sight, leaving the little baby alone. Scared and cold, the baby began to cry. At that same time, the sound of hooves entered the chamber. Through the entrance, Argo appeared, limping with a sprained left hind leg. He trotted over to the altar, neighing and whinnying. He heard the baby crying. He then gazed at the still lifeless body of Mono.
Suddenly, there was a stir. The young woman suddenly opened her eyes as the lifeblood refilled her veins. She slowly arose and sat up upon the altar. She jumped from the stone platform and stood for the first time since her death.
Where am I? Mono said to herself. Thats when she heard the cry of the baby. Curious, she walked down the chamber, passing the crumbled statues of the colossi, with Argo hobbling next to her. They came to the cesspool to find the baby boy crying. Oh you poor thing, what are you doing here? Taking the baby boy in her arms, Mono rocked him to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment