Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Torn Between the Two

this is just my first inuyasha story and for a few stories will be kagome and inuyasha but afterwhile it will change.

Chapter 1 - Torn Between the Two

Chapter 1 - Torn Between the Two
Torn Between the Two
 
Kagome and Sango were taking their lunch break at the coffee house. They were always there since they first started working as waitresses at the restaurant across the street. They were enjoying the peace and the jazz music that played in the shop until the door opened and in stepped a tall guy. He wore a black long sleeve blouse and black slacks. His long silver hair was in a low ponytail, and he removed the sunglasses that sat neatly in place over his amber color eyes. As he walked up over to the counter he saw the two girls, mainly Kagome as her eyes met his. She quickly looked into her half-empty cup. He then set his gaze at the counter where the woman who stood behind it asked for his order.
 
“Did the room just get cold or is it me.” Kagome said putting down her cup.
 
“It must be you because…” Sango then saw what she meant, “Oh… tall, dark, and cold heated just entered the building.
 
Sesshomaru heard her with his delicate demon ears but chose to ignore her. He was so high above that level that he saw them on. He then took his seat and opened up his laptop and began typing on it.
 
With that aside Sango then asked, “So Kags, how are things going on with you and Koga.”
 
“Well, we finally broke up yesterday.” She said calmly while taking a sip of her coffee finishing whatever she had left in the cup.
 
“What, you and him? You said that as if you’re glad that you split up with him.” Sango said after she drank the rest of what she had.
 
“For once, I am. We’ve been arguing a lot, plus he was never there for me being that he was such a huge athletic star, always at practice. Then just the other day, I caught him with that dancing doll Ayame.”
 
“Some guys change when they enter college hunh?”
 
“Seems so, but maybe this just means that we weren’t meant to be together. I mean he’s into sports, I hate sports. I’m a medical student, I want a guy who’s intelligent, but at the same time strong and loving, but I would also like a guy who’s creative and fun and he has to always be there for me whenever I need him.”
 
“Hey, if you ever spot a guy like that then let me know.”
 
Kagome then narrowed her eyes, “What’s going on with you and Miroku now?”
 
“You know the usual, looking at other girls and such.”
 
“Being himself in other words.”
 
“Right.”
 
“Don’t worry, he’s a guy after all. You don’t have anything to worry about, you two been together since middle school, I don’t think that anyone will come between you two.”
 
“Yea I know. Well our break is almost over, how’s about we head back.” Sango said while standing up from her seat.
 
Kagome stood up with her and started to walk with her until she bumped into somebody. Just before she was about to hit the floor a hand grab hers and pull her up to them. She looked up to see two golden eyes stair into her onyx ones. “Sess-Sesshomaru…”
 
“You need to watch where you’re going.” He said in a smooth, calm tone as he put his sunglasses back on his face and let her go then left out the door.
 
Sango and Kagome stood in silence for a second then Sango said, “That was kind of intense. For a second there, it looked as if he cared if you got hurt.”
 
“Him, care for anybody? Ha, don’t make me laugh.”
 
Then the two girls left the coffee house and back to the restaurant.
 
The day was finally over and Kagome went on her way home. Alone in her apartment she went straight to her room, plopped down on her bed. She hugged her pillow and curled herself around is as she began to cry.
 
Why, why did it have to happen to me? I thought that I would be okay without him, it was nice to know that someone loved me. She thought while wiping her face, tears still leaking from her eyes. Maybe it wasn’t really love then that kept me with him. I still wanted him even though we weren’t together much. It was still nice of the thought of being with someone.
 
Without realizing it she had slowly drifted off to sleep. When she woke up she saw herself laying down on someone, who it was she didn’t know but she wasn’t scared. It was as if she knew that this is who she was meant to be with. The only thing that she could see was long silver hair which is what she twisted her finger in. She felt him move his hand to her chin to lift her face and just as she was about to see him…
 
Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock.
 
She heard a knocking so loud that it seemed as if it would shake her apartment. She slept strait threw the night. She looked at the clock with half lidded eyes. “Oh no I’m going to be late for class!” She yelled as her eyes opened wider. She quickly got dressed and finally went to the front door to see Sango. “Do you know how long I’ve been out here trying to get your lazy @$$ up…Damn, you look like hell.”
 
“Shut-up, and let’s go.” Then the two girls left from the doorway and to Sango’s car.  While on her way to school, pieces of her dream kept coming back in her mind.
 
My dream, it felt so real. I can’t let this get to me, as of now I’m threw with men.
 
She made it to her first class of the day which was Biology 110. She was in a science class that mostly juniors and seniors took, but she was an honor student so she was moved up. “Yes the teacher’s late, that’ll give my mind a chance to rest.” She said as she sat down in her usual spot by the window. She gazed down out the window and her eyes went to a particular person. It was a boy who had long silver hair and what seemed to be dog ears. She rubbed her eyes and looked again, she wasn’t sure of himself since she was on the second floor of the building.
 
“What are you looking at?” She heard the familiar smooth and calm voice that was Sesshomaru. There was just something about his voice that made her shiver, but not of fear.
 
“Oh Sesshomaru, it’s just you. For a moment there I thought it was someone who mattered.” Kagome said turning away from the window now that he made her loose sight of the boy.
 
“So, late again I see.” He said as he sat in his usual spot which was right next to her.
 
“You can’t be the one to talk, I didn’t see you in here when I came in.”
 
“Yeah well at least I’m not late everyday.”
 
She rolled her eyes before turning her attention on the teacher who just walked in although her mind was still wondering on the silver hair boy she saw from the window.
 
“Ah good morning students, and Kagome, I’m surprised to see you here before me for once.” The professor said as he sat his things down on his desk. Kagome paid no attention to what he said.
 
After class, she met up with Sango like she always did and went to the Student Union to get some lunch. They sat outside, not wanting to ruin a beautiful sunny day eating inside. They were just talking about the usual things like what happened in class, what’s happening around campus, and boys, although Kagome kind of wanted to change the subject.
 
Then out of nowhere a piece of paper flew and hit Kagome smack dab in her face.
 
“What the…” Kagome said not realizing what hit her so she was fighting the air. Sango stretched her arm out and snatched the paper from her face. She read it and a smile spread across her face.
 
“What’s with the smile?” Kagome asked confused still at what just happened.
 
Sango handed her the paper and said, “You gotta read this, it’s a poem. Whoever wrote this is really good, he sounds like a real romantic guy.”
 
Kagome read the paper. “This is amazing, I would sure like to meet the guy who wrote this.”
 
“Hey!” Kagome looked up and Sango turned to see the silver haired, dog eared boy standing in front of them. He snatched the paper from Kagome’s hands. “That’s mine!”
 
He folded the paper and slid it in his pocket. “That’s not how you thank someone for finding your stuff.” Sango said standing up to him.
 
“Like I care, this wasn’t meant for anyone, especially ingrates like you, to see.” He said turning away from them and walked off.
 
Sango was about to go after him when Kagome spoke up. “Sango leave him alone, we really didn’t have the right to read it, but I thought it was very good.”
 
He stood still and turned slightly, “You thought…it was good?”
 
“Yea, we both did, you’re a wonderful poet.”
 
He blushed in embarrassment and turned away with his eyes closed, “It’s not a poem, it’s a song.”
 
“A song?” Sango said, sitting back down beside Kagome.
 
“Yea, I write songs, I’m a singer in a band. I’m just started here today and I plan to major in music.” He said turning back around completely.
 
“Wow, can you play an instrument?” Kagome asked happily.
 
“Yea, I can play the guitar, drums, and the piano.”
 
“You’re very talented.”
 
He blushed again but this time it wasn’t of embarrassment but then he caught sight of his watch. “I got to go, don’t want to be late on my first day, it was nice to meet you, I’m Inuyasha by the way.”
 
“I’m Kagome and this is Sango.” She said pointing to herself and then to Sango.
 
“I’ll see you around then Kagome.” He said as he started running off and waving behind him.
 
Kagome watched him run off and Sango watched her. “So Kaggy, do you think he’s the guy you’ve been looking for?”
 
“I honestly don’t know.”
 
But I sure will like to find out.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment