Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The house full of tension

When I was younger dad ran away and mom died. Once my older brother, sister, and I ran away from the orphange it just got more confusing. But it was a runaway. Our little secret.

Chapter 5 - The house full of tension

Chapter 5 - The house full of tension


Kiaragurl03- the newest chapter I hope you enjoy it.



---------------------------



As rain came down harder and harder on the walk home, the tension tightened as well. The very fact that the unbearable out beaten face of Chii, drenched in rain and tears was bothering me. What was going on? Why was she so upset? Not that I really could afford to get in trouble with me being I lately-but I wish I could ask. No one besides Yuki, Keegan, and Sora knew what was going on and that made me angry.



Walking to our house was in utter silence, no one spoke, no one asked questions, and it was a moment we all understood to shut up. The only thing that could be heard from us three girls walking back to my home was the tapping of our schoolgirl shoes on the pavement.

--------------------------



When we did get home, I was relieved the atmosphere from outside changed immensely and I felt like my breath was finally allowed to come out. The house was just as quiet outside the only difference was it was dryer. As soon as we walked in, I noticed Chii changed in attitude in well she was no longer upset, but angry.



She threw all her books, the umbrella, her book bag, and took of her shoes and slammed them on the ground. She stomped all the way to her room, hitting any wall she felt like as she went by, flinging a picture off the wall and with that she slammed her bedroom door. Not once, but three times.



Sora seemed pretty skeptical about what to say and do at a time like this and then she, walked over to Chii's room. She knocked on the door to the bedroom and nothing was heard, but then glass breaking.



Sora yelled, “Chii let me in!” Dumfounded, I stood there. I did what I thought was best, which was to get out of the way. Grabbing my book bag I walked down to my room and Sora seemed nonetheless desperate at the point, but she kept persisting. “Let me in!”



When I closed my bedroom door, I threw my backpack on the ground. Odd, how I wasn't the one slamming things around for once. Something in the rain kept me from getting so worked up about things, things relaxed in the rain and I-got quieter.



I headed over to my desk and opened the window above it to make some cool air come in. In the hazed over bedroom with no light on, but from the one outside that was desperately trying to stay awake, I worked. Decided to work on English first and answer the questions of my textbook.



Halfway through I could hear Sora bursting into tears, seeing how she failed to open the door. A couple of doors down I could hear the thrashing around going on in the room. And no matter how much I tried to keep my mind off the thrashing I couldn't.



What really had happened? Something Chii kept inside, something deep inside her was being torn apart and we apparently didn't know. Up until now, now Yuki knew and she had finally been able to release it. She must feel good throwing things around. But the question still remains, what happened?



I didn't dare come out of my room to get involved in such an aggravated state and I knew Sora tried to back off. She must have to stay or wanted to stay until Yuki got home-whenever that was going to be.



Yuki was infuriated with something that made his blood boil because never (and I mean never) have I seen him so willing to fight. He almost looked like a murder ready to have the corpses body in his hands. I hope he's okay though-it be bad if he blew our cover again or worse, got hurt.



Nothing to do and when I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing. I couldn't focus on schoolwork it was way to hard and the moments I spent lying above the quilt on top of my bed looking up at the ceiling ticked away. I suppose-I could unpack. I had two hours till work.



Decided to test the how the water was, as I stepped outside into the hallway. Silence. Sora was in Chii's room and I could hear the muffling sounds of talking coming from inside each desperately trying to keep quiet, as if to hide something from me. Grabbing the takeout box that held a numerous amount of delivery restaurants, I read it.



At first I wondered if Keegan and Sora would be coming to eat over too, in the end I decided to order as if they were eating over hoping if they didn't we could save them as leftovers. Though the takeout would be here sometime when I was at work, I left money on the counter attaching a note, “For Takeout - Kiyara.”



Hurrying back to my room I pondered what I should do next, where in the hell was Yuki? I wanted to know what was going on and I wanted to know now! My anxiety of what was going to happen killed me. Hastily, I grabbed a few boxes and unpacked not aware of what I was completely doing.



Most of what I found was just pointless things: vases, pictures, books, and carpets. Why were they in my room? I found a box of my stuff: my sketchbook, my soccer ball, my crochet project that I hated so much and wanted to finish at the same time, a few of my cd's, my cd player, and get this-my old laptop.



All right, so you may be asking, well I thought you were poor what the hell are you doing with all this crap? Well you see, most of it—wasn't completely ours. We've collected it from dumpsters: like the soccer ball I found. However the laptop, CD player, CD's, sketchbook, and crochet project were my mother's stuff that she gave specifically to me after she died. My grandmother had it in her attic and I don't know whether she knew where we lived, but one day all these boxes ended up on our front porch, no signature, and no addresses, just boxes. So here they are.



Hooking up the laptop was harder the hell, I had no idea what I was doing and several times my fingers were pinched when I touched or did something wrong. Eventually I got it running and put at the end of my bed not really having a place to put it.





I put the CD player on my nightstand and in the drawer my CD's. The sketchbook- was actually my grandmothers, it was suppose to be going to Chii, but when we were living at my grandmothers I complained I didn't have one, and so Chii gave me this one. The crochet project, something my mother started and never got to finish and since I understood the directions I decided to do it.



I shoved the boxes in my closet and shut the closet door; there was a lot more space without any boxes. I played with the soccer ball for a few moments completely oblivious to what words were going on in Chii's room. I was lost in my own thoughts and I didn't care because clearly no one wanted to tell me what was wrong- so why should I ask what's wrong?



I was such a hypocrite- in my mind I gnawed on what might be going on. Around 5:00 or so I got back out of my bedroom and walked over to Chii's door, I honestly had to ask her something besides what was going on. She opened the door a smidge. “What?” I tried to peer in, where was Sora? “Um, work are you going?”



Chii tightened her grip on the door and began crying, she just kept crying. What the hell? What did I say? She then got angry and opened the door reveling that Sora was sitting on the floor. “Do I look like I should be ready for work?”



“No,” I answered flatly.



“Then why would you ask such a stupid question?”



“It was just a question.”



“Well don't ask anymore like that.”



Like when we were kids, I couldn't tell if she was angry or joking around half of the words she said were kind of said in a mockery way. I raised an eyebrow curiously. All right here it goes. “What happened, in school today?”



“Nothing,” she lied, “None of your business anyway. No need for you to get involved, I don't want you involved. Besides Sora's already helped me. But thanks anyway.”



“You're my sister, not Sora's.” I said offending Sora as if she had something to do with it, not her fault she was there, she just cared as much as I did.





“But you don't get what's going on.”



“I would if you told me.”



Chii seemed a little aggravated by my constant pestering. I glared at Chii; she turns to Yuki's girlfriend over her own sister! I fixed my sleeve and began walking down the hall, I said bitterly, “Fine whatever, I don't care.”



Confused, Chii thought it was about the hours I had to work that I was complaining about not about how she wouldn't tell me anything. She barged into the kitchen to where I was; “I worked your shift last week!”



“What are you-”



“Last week! When you were selfish I worked your shift! Can't you do something for me? Without complaining! You—you have no idea what I've been going through for you!”



I stopped, wait a second. For me? Chii instantly covered her mouth. I pieced the puzzle pieces together they all seemed to fit. Somehow, someway I had done something. Someone must of said something and Chii stood up for me, which in turn got the attention thrown at her. She's been keeping herself shut, locking herself in here room, and it was all to protect me. Well if I k-I mean..I don't get it.



Tears seemed to form at my eyes, I threw them away quickly and in a flash, before Chii could say anymore I grabbed the black umbrella, took my key, and slammed the front door. What a terrible person I was.



-------------------------------



No matter how much I wished for it to happen and how much I dreamed for it to happen, work did not end early but took longer. People in this town seemed completely nonexistent today, and still the manager ordered for us to stay. For what? Stare at the walls? That evening I dragged myself home, feeling completely at lost at what Chiyo said before.



Chii cared for me a lot, but when she got upset I don't think she realizes what she said to Yuki and I a lot. To be completely honest, I jumbled on who had it worse Yuki or Chii. Yuki had it worse cause he had to support us, but Chii had to be the burden bearer. And I? I was the little one, who always got into trouble or screwed us over.



I took my time walking home, stopped in a few stores. I deprived myself of going home, because I felt it wasn't worth for me to go back. I've done nothing good for either of them. I sat on the park bench for a while watching the sky as the rain slowed down. I don't want to go home at this point.



Three teenagers living in one house was already filled with revulsion, no need for us to create more and yet we did. We got like this when money came into the subject, when work did, but right now most of our emotions launch up in the fact mom's anniversary of her death was coming.



I kept on telling myself, I couldn't go back till after dinner or I couldn't go home. I would just get in more trouble, but I didn't want them thinking I was running away. I—don't even know what I'm saying anymore. My lips tightened, I hated today.



However I knew that's one of the reasons Yuki wouldn't tell me what was going on, because he knew I'd feel guilty and he was right, I did. I had to be good, I had to try and be. I can't bother them with such stupid problems anymore; I have to be more independent.



Still I felt like I was going to cry at that moment. Chii got picked on; Yuki had a fight, and what for? For what someone said about me? Chii took all this torture because she stood up for me, Yuki fought till his knuckles bleed because of Chii's torture. If I didn't have such worried carrying siblings none of this should of happened. Chii shouldn't have stood up for me.



Yet I, being myself never knew this. I never knew what was going on and last week not only was she suffering at school, but taking the work from her sister, so I could fool around.



Someway I convinced myself to go home, the thought of takeout food being there kind of had something to do with it. The rain had turn into fog, puddles lay in the ground, and once again the streets were noiseless.



I opened the front door, allowing myself in checking what was going on in the house. This too was a house of complete stillness. I walked in, took my shoes off and walked to the kitchen. Then before I knew it I was being talked too.



“Hey,” Yuki said coming running in, Oh so he's home. He had this worried expression on where I was. “Where were you?” he asked calmly.



“Work.”



“Work ended an hour ago.”



“I took time to walk around.”



“I see.”



Yuki seemed to glance at Chii's door and back at me, he tried to change the subject, “You want something to eat?”



“No,” I lied, said trying to think of another punishment for myself for putting Chii through all that. Yuki didn't listen though he shook his head, “You haven't eaten since lunch.”



My anxiety overrides me and I started to ask Yuki, but my voice trailed off. “About Chiyo..”



“Kiyara, that's nothing you need to worry about.”



“I want to apologize,” I said in a stern voice.



“About what?” Yuki asked if trying to analyze what exactly happened before he came home. I looked around, “Where's Sora?” Trying to act casual I grabbed a stemmed rice ball and started headed to my room. Yuki answered, “She left to go home, when I came back and-Kiyara wait a second.” He grabbed my wrist and I looked like `what the heck do you want?'



He darted his eyes back and fourth between the walls then he said in a low voice, “Sora said—that Chiyo and you got into a fight, did she-”



“Nothing you need to worry about,” I said quoting him.



“Kiyara, don't play this game. But, seriously, I mean your, okay? I mean everyone kind of- surpassed you and I just wanted to make sur-”



The phone interrupted our talking. Yuki had gone to go get it, he yelled to Chii as he knocked on her door. “Keegan is on the phone.” Silence and then a Chii's hand reached out from her door and took the phone from Yuki shutting herself in her room again. What does she do in there so long?



By this time, I already myself down the hall hopping Yuki would leave me along. Yuki called out, “Kiyara wait a s-”



Stubborn as I was I turned to Yuki, and grinned, “Don't you have some work to do.”



“Your more important than that.”



Shadows covered my eyes, and I suddenly didn't like talking so much. My voice clenched with uncertainty. My hand on my bedroom doorknob turned, I smiled weakly at Yuki, “I'm sorry.”



With that I shut the door. I left him completely confused, not filling him in because I had wanted to figure it out myself. What a selfish brat I was.

--------------------



Kiaragurl03: Um, new chapter up soon. Yups!














Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment