Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Birth Of A New Warrior

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 1 - Birth Of A New Warrior

Chapter 1 - Birth Of A New Warrior
(Authors note: I DO NOT own Kung Fu Panda....nor Shifu or Oogway! However, I do own Chi Kohaii, Shei Lia, and all the rest.)

"Kohaii, he has your beautiful blue eyes..."
"No Shei, both of our eyes are blue...but yours sparkle and gleam like the crescent moon..."
"Oh Kohaii.."
"Oh Shei..."
Oogway gave a small chuckle seeing the young couple gloating over their newborn cub. The old tortoise had only gotten a glimpse of the baby, but what he saw...he had to admit, Shei Lia and Kohaii were doing no wrong whatsoever gloating over his beauty. Oogway gave a relieved sigh...he was glad that the "nine months of hell" were finally over.
The old tortoise slowly shuffled toward his meditation hall, resuming a position he had been in an hour ago. He inhaled...and exhaled letting the calmness of the universe consume him into his one peaceful mind and thoughts.
An hour of time had gone by and Oogway was still meditating peacefully. All of a sudden, he felt something warm, small and soft plop gently into his lap. The old tortoise slowly opened his eyes and gave a fond smile down at a pair of bright,wide blue eyes that were staring up at him fearfully.
Oogway extended his hand towards the tiny creature, "Why hello there young one..."
".......WAAAAAAAAAAAUUGGHHH!!!"
He drew back his hand quickly. "Oh!"
"No no, don't be afraid it's okay. Sssshh...I'm just..er a giant turtle is all."
"WAAAAAAAUUUGGHH!! AAAAUUGHHHH!!"
Kohaii gave a small chuckle, "Don't worry master, he just needs time to get used to you is all."
Shei Lia smirked, "He cried for a half hour when Kohaii held him..."
Kohaii gave his wife a jab in the ribs with his elbow, "You mean he cried for a half hour when you held him Shei..."
Shei Lia's face flushed a slight shade of pink, "It wasn't a half hour! ...Only twenty two minutes." She murmured.
Oogway laughed, "So, do we have a name for him yet...?"
Shei Lia affectionately ruffled the top of her son's head.
"Shifu..."
"Shifu? ...A beautiful name for a beautiful baby boy..."
The old tortoise cradled the young cub in the crook of his arms. Shifu had stopped crying, and was now taking in his surroundings with curious wide eyes.
"His eyes take up at least three quarters of his head..." Kohaii stated, stifling a loud laugh.
Shei Lia whacked him hard on the head.
"OWW..."
"Don't insult your son!"
Oogway reached towards the cub and fondly tickled his tiny fury belly. Shifu giggled and grabbed a hold of Oogway's finger.
"That's quite a grip you have Shifu..."
Shifu giggled and tightened his grip on Oogway's finger.
The old tortoise cleared his throat and coughed, shocked at how strong this baby was.
"You have your father's strength, that is certain."
Shifu blew a razz berry and gave another giggle.
Oogway's smile faded when he realized he could no longer feel his finger!
"Okay...let go now dear."
Shifu stuck his tongue out at the old tortoise and held on tighter
Kohaii laughed and poked at the baby's wrist.
Shifu immidiately lost interest in Oogway's finger and turned towards his father, caressing the large fingers in his tiny ones.
"Master Oogway?"
"...Yes Kohaii?"
The red panda hesitated and looked over at his wife for a second, she smiled and nodded. Kohaii turned back towards Oogway.
"We would be honored if you would accept the task of looking after Shifu if anything happens to us."
The old tortoise stared at his students, without blinking. "You mean..?"
"Yes." Kohaii smiled at him, "To be his Godfather..."
Oogway just stood there for a moment, "But, what about your family?
"You are the closest member of our family master."
" You don't want to reconsider? Giving it to someone who's actually in your family?"
"There is no one we trust more with this task then you
master..." Kohaii said softly giving a bow.
The old tortoise's eyes sparkled as he returned the bow, "I would be honored..." He rocked Shifu gently in his arms, gazing down at him endearingly.

(So what did you think? It's only the first chapter, it will get much more exciting! Next chapter is how Shifu came to be Oogway's pupil. It's much different then you're probably thinking right now! It's not like "Hey Shifu! do you want to be Oogway's pupil?" "Sure!" No............not it at all XD!)

Here's a preview of the next chapter.

Su Lin gave a gasp of pain, as she attempted to drag herself to the silhouette under the trees. She was relieved when Oogway turned around towards her, his eyes wide as he just stared at her... Su Lin opened her mouth to speak, but all that could be heard was a soft hissing bubble of blood trickling down her chin. She crawled over to Oogway on one knee and one hand, cradling a small bundle in her arms. She extended her hand towards the old tortoise, who opened his arms, as she plopped the small creature safely in his arms.
Oogway was quiet as he just stood there, gazing at the still form. Realization setting in.
No! No...it couldn't be!........Could it?

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 19, 2008, 4:46:52 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

EscribirZeichnenRever on October 28, 2008, 6:58:11 AM

EscribirZeichnenRever on
EscribirZeichnenReverMmm, maybe this'll help? I drew it myself. ;)

http://DolphinMoana.deviantart.com/art/KFP-OC-Little-Netra-98913817

bluetail on September 27, 2008, 4:11:07 AM

bluetail on
bluetaili dont understand you pixiebell

pixiebell on September 27, 2008, 1:07:04 AM

pixiebell on
pixiebellshifu as a baby is so cute

bluetail on September 26, 2008, 4:19:18 AM

bluetail on
bluetailshifu as a baby it kind of scares me and im your bf