Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Abandonment?!

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 16 - Abandonment?!

Chapter 16 - Abandonment?!
(Well here we go, the chapter I couldn't wait to do since the moment I first started this story!! ....Well, actually one of the chapters I couldn't wait to do.)

Lotti shook her head as she folded up the paper and handed it back to the old tortoise. She didn't say a word.
Oogway opened the suitcase and slipped the paper back inside.
"......"
"......Lotti?"
"......"
"..Lotti?" Oogway gently touched her shoulder. "Are you oka-"
"How could you do this to him?!!" She exploded, slapping his hand of her shoulder. "What's wrong with you?! Do you not realize how this will majorly affect-if not destroy your relationship!??"
Oogway flinched slightly, and rubbed his sore hand. "Lotti, I do not want to-"
"How is Shifu going to feel?!! He won't understand this at all!!"
"Do you not think I realize that??" the old tortoise almost snapped. "Do you not think I realize that this will hurt him? Lotti...I need to do this, it's for his own safety. It's because I care about him. I was hoping you would be more understanding..." He shook his head to himself, and turned away.
Lotti's face softened. "I can be understanding.." She said softly.
Oogway turned back towards her. "I need your help Lotti, will you help me...?"
Lotti's eyes went wide. "Help you....do you mean..?"
Oogway nodded solemnly.
The female tortoise sighed before nodding and smiling slightly. "I'll help you.." She placed a comforting hand on the old master's shoulder. "I promise.."
Oogway smiled sadly. "Thank you Lotti."
Lotti looked outside again. "Should we call him in..?"
Oogway shook his head. "No, call Peach Blossom first."
"Peach Blossom!!"
"Whaaaaat ma ma?"
"Come in here for a second dear!"
Peach Blossom hurried inside. For a few frenzied moments Shifu could hear mumbling from the inside of the house. The mumbling developed into loud yelling an then soft crying. The cub was very confused. What was going on..? Shifu heard the door creak open, as Peach Blossom walked out. The cheerful expression on her face had completely vanished, she had tears in her eyes.
"Shifu...umm.." She took his tiny little paw. "Will you come here for a second?"
The red panda cub was deeply confused, but he nodded and followed her into the house. As Shifu entered through the doorway, he shuddered. He could feel such cold negative energy around them. It was so creepy. "Hey....what's going on?" The cub peered up at everyone's faces. They were so serious....so sad. "...Master..?"
Oogway put on a brave smile as he bended own next to the cub. "Shifu....you like coming to Lotus Lake right?"
"Yes!"
"You like Lotti and Peach Blossom..right?"
"Definitely! They're both so nice to me!"
"So then you wouldn't mind living here for a while........right?"
Shifu grinned up at the female tortoises. "No, I like it here! In fact I-" Then he stopped. "....." The meaning of his master's words sunk in. "Wait...........what?" The confused cub's eyes moved from tortoise to tortoise. "I don't.................I don't understand!" He turned his horrified wide eyes at his master. "What are you talking about? I don't live here! I live with you!"
Oogway sighed and shook his head. "Shifu.......Lotti and Peach Blossom are going to look after you from now on. They both know Kung Fu, so you can continue your lessons, you don't need to stop them."
Shifu's eyes went wider as his master continued speaking. "N-no...! You're joking right? You've always been the type to joke around! This is a joke right? Master? Right?!"
".........."
"Master..?"
".........."
"Master?"
".........."
"Master!!/" Shifu shook the old tortoise's arm.
"N-no!" Oogway got to his feet. "Shifu....I cannot look after you anymore." He unclasped the suitcase, Shifu could see that it was all his belongings. Oogway took out Shifu's plush polar bear: Pong, and placed it in the cub's arms.
Shifu shook his head slowly. "Master...what are you..."
The old toroise was silent.
"You...you wouldn't abandon me!"
Oogway sighed, he got on his knees again, and held the cub's little hands. "Shifu...when your parents died, and you were sleeping in your bed I went up to Peach Tree Of Heavenly Wisdom and spoke to them. I promised that I would take care of you, ensure your health and happiness, and keep you in a place where you would be safe."
A mist seemed to have clouded over his eyes, Oogway couldn't even see the cub's pupils anymore, the expression on Shifu's face was emotionless and vacant.
"The guardian's responsibility is to keep the child in a safe place. The Jade Palace is no longer that place."
Shifu shook his head. "Wha are you talking about?! The Jade Palace is safe-"
Oogway gave an exasperated sigh. "Shifu! Giao Xun set a bomb off in the bunkhouse, an he flooded the Hall Of Heroes........that's not a safe place."
Shifu's eyes filled with tears, that began flooding down his cheeks in steady streams.
Oogway tried to avoid the cub's eyes as he continued speaking. "I promised your parents I would keep you safe...no matter what. Maybe someday you'll be able to return to the Palace,........but that day isn't today.
Shifu's mouth closed slowly and his head hung low.
All the tortoise's watched him in agonizing silence.
"...............You promised..."
"What..?"
"YOU PROMISED!! YOU PROMISED ME YOU'D NEVER ABANDON ME!! YOU PROMISED!!! HOW COULD YOU BREAK A PROMISE TO ME!!! I TRUSTED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Oogway flinched, he had never seen such an expression no the cub's face.....so much anger....hatred..........hurt. Oogway had seen it, but it had never been directed to him before! "Shifu-"
"NO!! NO!!!! NO!!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
The old tortoise almost wanted to hide into his shell. The growing rage on the cub's face was terrifying.
Shifu stepped forward. "Is it because I disobeyed you and fought the Shadow Lang Wolves? Have I been to much trouble for you? Is that why you don't care about me anymore?"
Oogway shook his head slowly. "You're wrong................I still love you."
I love you.
Shifu stood there, his eyes wide and quivering. Never in the year they had known each other had his maser said those three words, at least........they had never ended with his name finishing that sentence.
"Wh............what?"
"I love you.........but I cannot take care of you anymore, I-I'm sorry Shifu." Oogway opened the door, the other tortoises and Shifu followed him outside. "If Giao Xun doesn't kill me, then I'll come back for you.......once the palace is safe. .............If that ever happens." He sighed, and shook his head, before backing away. "I.....I have to go Shifu, sorry." With that he turned an began walking up the hill.
Shifu gave a sob. "No..!" He tried to run after his master, but Lotti grabbed his arm and pulled him back lightly.
"MASTER OOGWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!"

( Sniff........what did you think of that one? Sad...much? I know *sniff* I' horrible...)

Preview of teh chappie!

"You told him to go back?!" Lotti was livid. "Wat were you thinking Peach Blossom?!"
Peach Blossom smiled at her mother. "You know as well as I know that Giao Xun wants both Oogway and Shifu dead. Mom, you and I may be strong warriors....but we're no match for Giao Xun, .....and you know it mother."
Lotti opened her mouth in a reply but Peach Blossom stopped her.
"He's already chosen his fate long ago....if he's to die, he wants it to be beside the one he loves..protecting his home. He doesn't want to die in complete anguish, being somewhere he doesn't feel comfotable.
Lotti sighed. "You want to know something...?

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 30, 2008, 9:16:51 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 30, 2008, 9:20:38 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinBecause Iz smart!