Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Figure of Darkness

This is a story I decided to turn it into a manga because it would be so much better as one. I will be putting my character's pictures on my page as soon as possible. But, the story will have to do for now. Please leave comments and be kind.

Chapter 1 - Figure of Darkness

Chapter 1 - Figure of Darkness
First Chapter



I remember that day when I made my first mistake ever on my school record so clearly. I never meant for it to look the way it did but, as they say, wrong place at the wrong time.
I remember walking into the bathroom at the beginning of the new school year. That was the start of my mistake.
I saw two girls; I didnt know or care what their names were. The only way I knew them was by their piercings and tattoos. The taller girl had each of her ears pierced all around, a piercing in her chin, and a bridge piercing. Her hair was black and fell to the middle of her back while her bangs fell a little further than her jaw. The other girl was a couple inches shorter than her friend and she had blond hair that laid on her shoulders and was tipped with a black shine. She too had piercings. There were two hoops through her ear lobes while the rest of her ears were circled in loose rings and in the corner of her bottom lip was a ring as well. Both of them had a tattoo, each different, but placed on the exact same spot. The tall girl had a black butterfly and the other girl had a black blooming rose, each on their hip.
When I walked in, they looked at me with criticizing eyes. I quickly glanced at them then, brushed aside their glares and walked over to the mirror above the sink. I messed with my hair, put on some lip gloss, fixed my eye make-up&
I dont know if its such a good idea, the blond haired girl said to her friend reluctantly.
Oh, come on.
I finished brushing up and began to walk to the door, clutching my purse to my shoulder when&
Hey! Miss Goody-Goody! the black haired girl said harshly.
I closed my eyes and turned, facing them.
You know, I have a name?
Yeah, sure. Like I care.
Then I noticed the piece of paper she gripped in her hand. Across the top of it was typed: HISTORY EXAM ANSWERS.
How did they get a hold of that?

You wanna take a look-see at the answers for tomorrows exam? Its the first day of school. Show Mister & whatever his name is, what a great student you are by getting a one hundred on the SECOND day of school.
The offer was tempting. I had always been the best in class and, here was my chance to really prove that. But, I knew it was a bad idea.
No, I-
Come on, you know you want to. She walked closer to me, holding the paper out in front of her. Besides, what the teacher doesnt know wont hurt him, right? This whole thing will stay between the three of us.
I wanted it so bad I could taste it. It hurt me to think I was going to reject! I couldnt! I had to!
I reluctantly took the paper. I kept telling myself, It wont hurt. Im just gonna see how many questions there are. Im not going to look at the answers.
I looked at it, my mind racing with possible situations that might arise from looking at this paper. Even though this was just a piece of paper, it was the most essential part of my year. Just as I looked at the paper, my worst nightmare came true.
Miss Adams.
Please dont be real. Please dont be real. Please dont&
There stood my algebra teacher Mrs. Parker. She looked at me over the rim of her spectacles with absolute hatred. That was it. BUSTED! Of course, it got worse.
We came in and saw her sneaking a look at the answers and we confronted her! the tall black haired girl said.
Is this true Michelle?
My stomach began to turn and knot with nervousness. But, deep down inside of me was& the sensation of power. I had gotten the guts to look at this and that alone gave me a slight grin. I did have evil within but, now was not the time to be saying these things! What was I doing?

***************

Now, here I am, grounded for only a couple more months. I was grounded from the beginning of the school year and until the year ends which is only two months. I was living in a hell hole, my mother the devil, me her victim.
So, what are you going to do during spring break Michelle?

Leah leaned over her desk, resting her chin on my shoulder. I held in my hands the book I had been trying to finish for the past week.
Staying here. I have to pay up my phone bill by watching the twins while Moms gone on her business trip, I said, not even looking up from the last page.
Oh& wait! I thought we had plans to go to San Diego?
That was the plan, I said as I turned and looked at Leah. But, my mother-figure thinks me spending ten minutes extra on the phone is too much. Shes driving me crazy! Without Dad around shes out of control.
Crap! Leah sulked. I was hoping to spend spring break with you.
Well, I mean, you invited a whole other mess of people to go with you. It wont make a drastic difference if one person doesnt show.
Everyone else wont care but, itll make a huge difference to me because you and I go everywhere together.
Oh, come on now. You cant tell me that once you get to partying and some hot guy lays eyes on you that youll miss me. I know once you hit the beach and clubs, home will be somewhere entirely different for you.
Tommy! Mr. Smith yelled from his desk. Cut it out! Grow up or Ill be forced to come over there and give you what-for.
Ooh, Im so scared, Tommy said, shrinking back into his seat, mocking the teacher.
I just watched him in dismay while everyone else found him hysterical.
Hes ridiculous!
When everyone looked away from him and I had my nose back in my book, a small paper wad was flicked onto my desk. I carefully unwrapped it and read the small, sloppy handwriting:
Whats a pretty girl like
you staying home for?

I looked at Tommy, who had his head craned back, looking at me with his dark eyes. When he saw me looking at him, he winked at me flirtatiously.
Get a life Tommy! I said, flicking the small ball onto the floor.
Well, I might just have to drop by your house for a quickie before we have to leave for Cali tomorrow. He grinned, his pearly white teeth showing through his crooked smile.
Youre a perv!
Tommy Lewis was the guy everyone wanted to be friends with. He was a jock and he was gorgeous. But, he thought a little highly of himself. He thought every girl liked him and wanted to go out with him. He had been crushing on me ever since the first day in sixth grade. But, it just wouldnt register with him that I had no interest in him what-so-ever.
He was ideal in looks: his blond bangs swept across his forehead, making his black eyes sparkle as they watched the world up-close-and-personal. He would be a girls dream guy if he was more mature. But, he always had the football coach breathing down his neck because he never took anything seriously. Football was his trademark but, it wasnt something he appreciated. He only did it for attention.
Oh, come on Michelle, he said in a sensuous tone. You cant tell me you dont find a head turner like me attractive. He ran his masculine hand through his bangs, side sweeping them.
You are an arrogant, vain jerk, you know that right?
His grin faded and he turned away, beginning to mutter under his breath, And youre a-
Christopher, take off the hood, Mr. Smith yelled to at the dark shadow in the back corner of the room.
All eyes turned to the shadow. It sat slouched over the desk, a hood hiding its mysterious face. It raised its head and removed the hood. Tumbling out from underneath the hood was shiny black hair. The black bangs fell over his left eye, his right eye still visible. Pierced through his right eyebrow was a ring. The ring for some reason made his stunning crystal blue eyes stand out. Hanging from his neck was a thin silver chain with a skull hanging from it. In both his ears he had at least five earrings. The first earrings in each ear were small skull studs, then, wrapping around the rest of each of his ears was a string of small rings.
I always found this mysterious school reject quite intriguing. I loved to watch the way he observed everyone and everything with solemn eyes.
I watched him remove the hood with anxiousness. He saw me watching him and just kept his
eyes on me with a weird expression. I quickly turned away and looked at the floor in shock.
What a freak! Tommy scoffed.
Youre tellin me, Leah said back.
I made no reply but, just grinned and asked myself, I wonder what hes doing for spring break?









Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment