Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Transition

This is a story I decided to turn it into a manga because it would be so much better as one. I will be putting my character's pictures on my page as soon as possible. But, the story will have to do for now. Please leave comments and be kind.

Chapter 6 - Transition

Chapter 6 - Transition
Seventh Chapter

I had no clue exactly where we were going. I felt as if Chris was my bodyguard and I just followed where ever there was safety.
We drove down a road, passing huge houses. I estimated the houses to be about the size of my neighborhoods houses, maybe even larger.
Christopher made a couple more turns and passed a few more houses.
Does he live here?
He finally turned into a street, leading nowhere but to a colossal house. The iron gate swung open to a lengthy driveway that led to what I like to call a mansion.
You live here?
Yeah. Am I not good enough to live here?
His mouth was a thin straight line but his eyes were glowing with mischief as he turned his head looked at me.
No, no. Its not that. Its just that Ive seen guys like you before and never once did expect them to live this& extravagantly.
I guess you learn something new everyday.
He drove up to the house and parked beside five cars.
How many cars do you have?
We have six, not including my moms car, dads, Candaces, and mine.
Are your parents home?
I wouldnt be bringing you here if they were. Theyre in Europe right now. Wont be back for three weeks.
Chris led me to the front door, which a beautiful crystal glass door. He slid his house key
into the lock and flicked his wrist. The door opened and the first thing you saw was the grand staircase and the heavy chandelier hanging from the ceiling.
He flipped on the light and the chandelier glistened. I couldnt take my eyes off it. It was so gorgeous the way it shown so proudly.
What do your parents do?
My dad works on Wall Street and my mom is a very well-known wedding planner. We barely see either of them. They want nothing to do with either of us when it comes to their careers.
Im sorry, I sadly uttered as I watched him skitter around the room.
Ehh& dont be. Both of us prefer not seeing them. Theyre both stuck-up tight-asses that hate us. Come on. Let me take you upstairs.
He glided up the stair case while I stumbled nervously behind him. At one point I almost tripped and fell but he quickly grabbed my hand.
Need help?
His face held a caring expression, his hand warm on mine. I couldnt pull away. He was so breathtaking I just couldnt move.
Come on.
He kept his fingers intertwined with mine as he guided me along each step.
Once we reached the landing, he didnt let go. He led me down the long hallway to a door at the end.
Heres Candaces room.
He opened the door and walked in. My eyes grew full with the sight of the massive room. On the opposite wall of the door, there was an office desk with a laptop open. Beside the desk
was a bulky black stereo with a stack of CDs neatly placed one on top of the other beside it. By the door was a walk-in closet, the walls lined with blacks, different shades of red, green, and grey. There were also wracks of different shoes, each with some kind of skull detailing. Then, there was her amazing bed! It was a king size with silk sheets and a soft black and red comforter. The walls were painted in a dark grey, with posters of different bands plastered all over them.
What a room!
My room is about the same size. I would show it to you, but, its pretty messy. You havent even seen her bathroom yet.
She has her own bathroom?
He walked over to another white door and opened it.
Take a look.
I walked in and was floored by the size of it. There was a long mirror that stretched across the wall above the counters. Her sink was silver stainless steel and her toilet was porcelain. In the corner opposite of the toilet was a shower large enough to fit three people in it.
Wow!
Then, I saw the huge Jacuzzi. There were granite steps that led up to the edge of it so you could manage to get in and out easily.
Nice, huh? Chris asked.
Oh, yeah. Do you have a bathroom like this?
Yes but, mines slightly bigger and more spacious.
I walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom.
Im impressed, I said sweetly as I plopped myself down on the bed.
Preps arent the only ones that make good livings.
He traipsed over to the bed and sat down softly beside me.
You calling me a Prep?
Two days ago I would have but, not now. What you did ranks up with us.
When he said that, it only brought back the memory of what I did and it made me gulp.
Michelle, this wasnt your fault.
Yes it was, I whispered. I couldve controlled myself.
Any one of us couldve done it. It was my fault because I got you caught up in this crap! Im the guilty one.
He inched his hand closer to mine and wrapped it around my fingers.
Dont blame yourself. And dont you dare cry.
Well, hello.
Chris looked away from my eyes. He got a shocked expression on his face as he watched doorway.
Candace!
I looked back as well and saw her standing there with her hand on her hip and a plastic sack in the other.
Please dont make out on my bed, she said in an irritated tone.
I felt my cheeks grow hot with embarrassment as Chris got up and looked at me with affection.
Okay, okay Rings, Meg said as she came up behind Candace. You guys can continue this later. Right now we need to get down to business.
We reluctantly looked away from each other and he left the room.
Howd I know this was gonna happen? Candace shook her head.
Well, lets get started, Meg said. She walked over to the bed and dumped the contents of the bag beside me. Wheres your pointy stick, Smokey?
Hold on.
Candace walked into her bathroom and opened some drawers.
What is a pointy stick?
She turned off the light and walked back over to Meg.
Good thing you work at a tattoo parlor Rose.
Candace handed a small object to Meg and she observed it skeptically.
Thisll do.
She laid it down among the hair dye and small hoops.
Thats just great!
I held the small ear peircer. The pin was pointy and sharp and quite sterile, Thank God!
Come on!
Meg pulled me up off the bed and dragged me to the bathroom where Candace had already started warm water in the tub. Before I could hesitate, she dunked my head underneath the stream of hot water coming from the faucet.
After they had soaked my hair, they wrapped it up in a towel and stood me in front of the bathroom counter. Candace quickly took the towel off and began the process of coloring my hair. Meg soon joined to speed things along. After the fifteen minutes it took to put the dye through my hair, they piled all of my locks on top of my head and let the treatment set for thirty minutes.
While we were waiting impatiently in their room, I asked, So, you guys have nicknames
for each other?
Yeah, Candace answered as she gnawed on a pen. I need a smoke!
Well, go smoke! Meg spat as she slowly twirled herself around in the desk chair.
No! Im trying to quit.
Whatever.
Can you tell me your nicknames so I can get used to them? I asked sweetly.
Candace looked up from the floor and Meg stopped twirling. Then, they just both looked at each other.
Okay& ummm, Im Smokey, Candace said with her hand on her chest, because I smoke a lot. Chris is Rings because of his ears.
Im Rose because of my tattoo, Meg said.
And Ashtons Chippy because of his attitude problem.
I see, I said. Whats my nickname going to be?
Meg looked at Candace then back at me and said quietly, We still havent figured that out yet.
Oh.
But, Chris and Ash are supposed to be discussing that.
You see, Candace pushed herself forward, Rings is the leader of this gang. But, we all make decisions. Its not like hes the alpha male.
Okay, this is all beginning to make sense now.
Both the girls smiled, their eyes softening to calmness.
You know, youre not so bad Michelle, Meg said cheerfully.
Why do you say that?
Well, we expected you to be the stuck-up girl. But, youre pretty cool. Although, Chris never doubted you.
That comment made me straighten up and I felt a tingle of relief and satisfaction.
Really?
Candace grinned.
Are you kidding? Every day I could tell he was thinking about you. And if he wasnt thinking about you he was telling something funny that you said to that Thomas bastard.
I felt my cheeks burn as they turned into a bright red.
Time to rinse out your hair.
Meg looked at her watch.
What time is it? Candace asked.
Quarter after eleven.
Well be up all night.
Candace sighed then stood and went to the bathroom again. I heard the water run and she yelled, Come on. Lets get this over with.
My head was again dunked underneath the warm water. I felt their hands caringly caress my hair as they rinsed and cleaned it. After that was completed, they rang it out and stood me in front of the sink again.
Can I see what I look like?
No, not until were done, they both said as one of them tied a rag around my eyes.
I heard shuffling and mumbling between the two of them and then felt the heat of a blow dryer against my scalp. I would shift my wait every now and then to keep my legs from going to sleep while they tugged and pulled at my long hair.
I was sat down on the bed, the rag no longer over my eyes, although, I still didnt know what I looked like.
So far so good, Candace said, looking at me approvingly.
Now for the tricky part.
Meg got the ear peircer and came back and faced me.
Is this going to hurt?
Maybe. How well do you tolerate pain?
I shrugged.
I guess well just have to see.
She sat to my side and slid the peircer an inch above my first peircing.
Got the package open and ready? she asked Candace.
Yup.
Okay. You ready M?
I cut my eyes over at her.
What do you think?
Ill take that as a yes. Im going to count back from three. Three, two, one...
A sharp pain went through me as the small pin shot straight through my ear. I let out a small cry and gritted my teeth and closed my eyes tightly.
I need a ring.
I kept my eyes closed as I felt Meg push the earring through my ear and clasp it shut.
I didnt open my eyes once as she continued halfway up each ear, an inch between each new peircing.
You can open your eyes now.
I cracked them open and saw both the girls standing before me. I brought my fingertips to my ears and felt the weight of each earring. I guess my eyes grew wide with disbelief because they both turned to each other like they had done something wrong.
You okay?
I giggled and then let out a loud laugh. They turned and looked at each other with What? written on their faces. I continued to laugh.
Im one of you now! Im no longer Michelle& which is something completely new to me.
I gripped my stomach and fell back onto the bed.
Oh, my God. Shes lost it, I heard Meg whisper.
















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment