Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Leah

This is a story I decided to turn it into a manga because it would be so much better as one. I will be putting my character's pictures on my page as soon as possible. But, the story will have to do for now. Please leave comments and be kind.

Chapter 11 - Leah

Chapter 11 - Leah
Twelfth Chapter

We all got up early the next and got back on the road to avoid our being recognized by the owners or residents of the motel.

Tonight, well have to find a place where we cant be seen. Then well just have to sleep in our cars, Chris had decided.
Is that the only way to avoid the cops? There are no relatives or anything? I wondered.
Its the only way to keep you from facing the judge. My guess is that within a couple months when they cant track you, theyll give up and leave you alone.
I hated going around like a nomad, and it had only been two days since we had left New York. We were now headed for Illinois which should take us a full twenty-four hours, not including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and sleeping breaks.
I was riding with Chris again. This time just the two of us, just so Ashton wouldnt cause anymore trouble between us.
Im going to call Leah.
I opened my phone and dialed her number. I cursed when I was, again, tricked by her voice message.
I guess you couldnt get a hold of her.
I grunted and rested my elbow on the door, my head held by my hand.
Where are you Leah?

To release the tension in the atmosphere, Chris popped in a new CD and played it. He began to hum once more and I fell in love with his voice once again while he drove down the busy interstate of Indiana.
***************

It was dark out as we neared eighteen hours of being on the road. I was full from our recent stop four hours ago. I ran my hand over my stomach and groaned.
You okay?
Yeah.
You sure?
If I say yes will you stop asking me?
Chris grinned and replied, I promise.
Yes. Im fine.
He reached over into the cup holder and took his phone. He quickly dialed a number.
Where are you guys at? Okay. Were on 2040 and it looks like theres an empty lot out here surrounded by trees. You guys want to stop here? See you soon. Bye.
He made a sharp turn followed by honks and yells and from other people. I fell forward, almost hitting my head on the dashboard.
Sorry. I didnt mean to turn that fast.
I pulled my hair back from my face and settled back down in the seat.
He pulled into the lot and turned off his headlights.
Do we just wait? I looked around, seeing only the depleted ground and the swaying trees in the breeze.
Yup.
Silence. Only silence. I couldnt even think of a thing to say to him, which was unusual.
Im going to try calling Leah again.
I dialed the number and heard the phone ring on the other line.
Helllooo!
Leah!
Michelle? I havent heard from you in a while.
Ive been calling you for the past couple of days and havent been able to get a hold of you.
Its been pretty hectic here. The parties are crazy, they guys are insanely hot! So, whats up?
So many things I cant begin to tell you over the phone.
I heard a deep voice in the background and Leah giggled. Stop, she said flirtatiously.
Whos there with you?
Oh, nobody. Stop. That tickles! She giggled more.
Okay, Im not even going to ask. Look, Im on my way there to San Diego. I have to talk to you in person.
Are you driving?
Yes.
Thats like a& long drive!
I know, but, I have my options. I should be there in two days.
Yay! Howd you get out of your probation?
Again, its a long story. Anyway, Ill see you in a couple days.
Bye babe!
Bye Lea. I closed the phone and sighed with relief.
So, you finally got a hold of her, huh?
Sure did.
Chris leaned against the window and ran his hand through his hair making it messy and fall across his face.
There they are, I said when I saw the bright red Corvette pull up closely beside us.
We both slid out of the truck and Chris said, Whats our plan for tomorrow?
It was just Smokey standing outside of the car while Chip was already situating himself in the front seat and Rose put a pillow underneath her head and got comfortable in the back seat.
We will get a head start tomorrow. It would be best if you guys hang back a couple hours tomorrow morning just in case the cops find our trail. You guys will take the shortcut and meet back with us in Missouri. Sound good?
Perfect, Chris said happily. He looked over at me and me at him.
Well, see you in Missouri. Smokey waved and flashed a small grin, closely resembling Chris.
See ya, I waved back and so did Rings.
Both of us climbed back into the truck.
You can have the back seat. Chris eyes dazzled with bright pale blue as he looked at me, a smile also dancing in his eyes.
Are you sure?
Yeah. Heres my pillow. He handed the soft down pillow over to me and I grinned in thanks.
I climbed somewhat clumsily into the backseat, and put the pillow against the window and made myself comfortable.
Goodnight, he said with another sigh and crossed his arms over his chest.
Goodnight, I said quietly.
I heard the leather squeak slightly as he turned his heard back and looked at me. I had my
eyes closed but could feel his eyes watching me. Once I had the impression his head was turned, I opened one eye and saw him doze off into sleep. He looked so peaceful and so charming laying there, like my guardian. I grinned slightly then also fell off into sleep.































Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment