Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Learning to Fly

A One Shot based on when Vayla gets her wings

Chapter 1 - Learning to Fly

Chapter 1 - Learning to Fly
Alaia Skyhawk: Hi this is just a one shot based on my 'Restoration' series. It's set back when Kratos and Vayla are 18 years old. I hope you like it. Kratos is going to be a bit OOC in this, but please take into account that he is 18... and by alurannai standards that is YOUNG. Anyway, Noishe, could you do the disclaimer please?

Noishe: Fine. Alaia Skyhawk doesn't own Tales of Symphonia so please don't sue her. She does however own Krishka, Dallinius, Aluran, the Alurannai and any OCs so please don't steal them.

A.N: Bold writing with no speech marks is telepathy.
-

Learning to fly.


Right, I'm going to do it. What did mum say? Oh yeah... Set yourself with one foot slightly further back than the other... croutch slightly... feel for the flow of the air and mana currents... spread your winds out and back... then jump, making the first downstroke of my wings at the same time...

Vayla had just transitioned from being a juvenile, to being an adolesent, and thus had just got her wings. She had spent the last three weeks putting up with the constant itching until she had shed the hard, protective growth casings from her wings... and now it was time to try out her brand new, shiny purple wings.

Vayla went through her 'pre-flight checklist' as she set herself up for take off... then leapt into the air.

The only problem was... she had only asked her mother about taking off. She knew very little about flying itself... and nothing about landing...

"Uhhaahhh!...whoaaa!... ... AHHHH!"

Watch where your going!

CRASH!...

OWWW

... THUD!

A ball of blue-clad limbs, purple wings, and green and white feathers tumbled across the forest floor before colliding with the base of a tree while an auburn haired boy with blue wings landed nearby, then ran over.

"Noishe! Are you alright?... Hey you, you should watch where you're..."

She sat up.

"Uuhhhhggg"

"Oh... Hi, Vayla." He smirked, then added sarcasticaly. "Nice landing."

"Like you're one to talk, Kratos. You only got your wings four months ago, it's not like you're an expert."

"I may not be an expert... but I've never flown into a protozoan and a tree one after the other either." He started to snigger.

"You!...YOU..."

She lunged at him with every intention of plucking him like a Winterfest turkey. Kratos, however, had other ideas. He flew out of reach, circled her, taunting, then flew off shouting.

"Catch me if you can... or NOT! Heh heh!"

Vayla stood there, feathers fluffed out due to sheer fury.

So... you think you've won, huh? We'll see about that.

"Hey Nooishhe..."

The protozoan had gotten back on his feet and was preening his rumpled feathers. He stopped and regarded her.

Yes?

She gave a sly grin.

"I want to get my own back on Kratos. Would you like to help?"

He concidered it for a moment. Then chucked, an evil glint in his eyes.

Sure... What did you have in mind...

---------------------------------

Alaia Skyhawk: There you go, I hope you like it. I have to say, Kratos better watch his back.

And I may just mention Vayla's 'revenge' in one of the stories in my 'Restoration' series. I'll try and fit it in somewhere for those who want to know what she and Noishe do to him.

Anyway, please review. I look forward to your comments.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment