Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

What happens when one of Keitaro's American friends comes to visit? Could this mean love for one of the residents?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Chapter 4


Author's note: This is a crossover with the Love Hina manga and my personal Abiotic Factor stories. This takes place two years before Keitaro and Naru are married. This is my first fic here so be honest in all post.

Legal Disclaimer: Love Hina is not mine nor are the characters, minus Amadeus and the other added characters, are mine either they belong to Ken Akamatsu. (lucky guy)

Okay hopefully this chapter might clear up some questions anyone might have on anything. This chapter might get a little weird, and the part of the Horsemen is not particularly my personal belief they are just the way I made it in my stories.

Okay now on with the story
...

Unknown Paths:


Chapter 4

As the moonlight reflected off the freshly lain snow, it cast an eerie glow across the forest floor. All was silent thru the endless rows of trees save for the sound of snow crunching under someone's feet.

Deus ran with all his might, fear gripping his heart. The fear of possibly losing someone close to him was present in his mind. As he came to a slight clearing, he saw a lone woman dressed in white. Her fire red hair hanging down her back. He stood there in shock as he tried desperately to say something.

"J-Jessie..." he stuttered, "Is it really you?"

She turned around to face him, and a loving smile spread across her face. He fell to his knees at the sight of her face, "I thought I'd lost you."

Then an evil chuckle echoed thru the icy still, "Ah but you did loose her. All because you couldn't protect her from me."

Deus's eyes narrowed as he heard the voice. He had hoped that he'd never have to hear that voice again, and his fist began to clinch up and his muscles tighten.

"And now Deus you'll loose her again.” The voice said with a hint of joy in his tone.

As he heard
this, he saw a tall dark figure appear out from between the trees behind Jessie and level two fingers at her back. Then a glowing red orb formed at the tips of their fingers.

"No!” was all Deus could do before the figure sent the attack hurtling towards her. He watched in horror as the beam hit her from behind piercing thru her heart. As she fell forward, he caught her in his arms and cradled her close to his chest. He looked into fading green eyes, the pain evident in them, and she gave him a faint smile as she quickly passed away.

As she died he embraced her as close as he could so as if to keep her soul from leaving him. His heart became consumed with grief, but was quickly replaced by an uncontrollable hatred. He glared at the figure, rage burning in his eyes.

The figure just laughed, "You know I always found it so humorous how you humans cling to life so desperately."

Deus slowly rose to his feet while still holding his wife's body in his arms
. "So you find it humorous.He said, the anger swelling thru him, "Then let me show you how it feels!”

As he said
that, a flame surrounded his body, and as his anger grew so did the fire. The figure stood there unmoving, whether from fear or lack there of. Deus continued to build his anger until he could hold it no longer, and he let it loose with a yell that reached down to the depths of his soul. His aura exploded spreading his wrath thru out the forest. Consuming all including the figure.

Deus sat up with a start. He looked around to see that he was still in his bed at Hinata-Sou. He could still feel his heart beating from his dream, and his brow was beaded with sweat. As he looked at his clock, it read five-thirty. So he got out of bed and threw on a short sleeve t-shirt and baggy pants. He then grabbed the wooden box as he left his room.

As he passed down the hall, he walked past the other tenants' rooms. He hoped that he had not awaken any of the girls, but unknown to him someone else was awake. After he had passed by Motoko's room her door slowly opened, and she peered out of the door.

`Where's he going this early?' she asked herself, and she quietly began to follow him.

As she followed him to the front yard, she quickly hid behind one of the many trees lining the building. She watched as he began to open the box and pulled out a two-handed sword. As he removed the blade from its sheath, he slowly examined the blade.

`At last I get to see how good he really is.' She thought to herself as he adjusted his stance to begin. However, she didn't expect what she saw.

As he got into a crouched stance, he placed his sword low across his left side and closed his eyes to help him focus. He stayed in this stance for a second until his eyes shot open and his aura ignited in a raging inferno. He then crossed the open area while slashing his sword in a horizontal cut. As he reached halfway thru the cut he changed his grip, and then brought his blade down vertically ending in the same stance he'd began.

Motoko was in shock. To her she had just seen him appear from one end of the field to the other before she could even blink. But as amazed as she was at his display more surprises where in store for her as she continued to watch him.

Deus then gathered
ch'i in his left hand and shot a series of balls around him. As soon as he had fired the last one, he placed his sword at the ready. For the balls, that he had just fired where veering back towards him with all intention on hitting him. He dodged the first by jumping into the air, and continued to dodge them as they came hurtling at him. Nevertheless, what surprised Motoko the most was not by how easily he dodged the attacks, but the fact that he was dodging all of them while still floating in the air.

He dodged the attacks with relative ease, and she was amazed at how fluid his movements where and how seemingly flawless his technique was
. As he continued to dodge, she noticed that the speed and frequency of the attacks began to increase. She could also see that he was starting to have trouble defending the volleys, and as he dodged out of the way of one another speed towards him from behind.

`Oh no he won't be able to dodge it!' she thought, "Look out behind you!” she yelled to him.

He quickly looked in her direction, surprise evident in his eyes, but his gaze was distracted by the attack hurtling from his right. She watched in horror as the ball hit him and the others soon followed it. As they hit they exploded into a brilliant blue flash that left nothing but a smoking cloud where he once was.

"Oh my god I killed him.She quietly said to her self as tears began to well in her eyes.

"You know it's not very nice to spy on someone.Came a familiar voice from behind her.

She spun around to see Deus floating behind her with his sword resting across his shoulders. He was unscratched save for the singes on his clothes. She was relieved to see him still alive, but there was something strange in his eyes. They seemed to paralyze her very soul and take her breath away.

"You shouldn't have seen that.He said as he approached her.

She continued to stare into his eyes petrified by his stare, and as he reached out his hand to her only one thought rang thru her mind, `Oh God he's going to kill me!' with that she swat his hand away and ran back to the house.

As she ran into the house, she found Shinobu preparing to start breakfast.

"Good morning Motoko.She greeted, but she could see something was wrong with the Kendo girl, "What's the matter."

Just then, Deus came into the room, "Wait a second Motoko you didn't allow me to explain myself."

Motoko quickly tucked Shinobu behind her and grabbed a knife off the counter thrusting it at him. "Stay back. I won't let you hurt us."

A look of confusion crossed his face, "Huh... Hurt you? Why would I hurt you? None of you have done anything to be hurt for."

"Because I found out about your secret."

"Yes I am slightly upset about that, but not at you. If anything I'm angry at myself for not being more trustworthy.He told her.

"What do you mean Deus?Shinobu asked, "What secret is she talking about?"

"If Motoko will calm down I'll be more than willing to explain.He said as he sat down at the table.

The two girls sat down opposite of him while Motoko kept a close eye on his movements.

"I am the result of a top secret genetic experiment by the U.S. government."

"What do you mean?Shinobu asked.

"Well during the late seventies the government began to see the beginnings of the fall of Communist Russia, and they figured Russia would take a gamble and attack NATO so as to save its economy."

"How would that help
them?” Asked Shinobu.

"Well it's been proven that thru history a war is the quickest way to boost one's economy and patriotism. So when they figured this NATO knew that they could never muster enough soldiers to match a Communist threat so they instead decided to create a small group of powerful genetically enhanced humans."

"How enhanced?Motoko asked as her interest was raised.

"Well I haven't found out all of the details, but I have found that my fellow subjects and I where created as the ultimate fighting machines. We have the ability to use around 80% of our brain mass compared to a normal human's 10 or less. We also have super quick reflexes due to a higher synaptic rate, but due to the increased brain usage, it makes us require more energy. Plus as an added bonus we have a better control over ch'i."

"Wait a second" Motoko interrupted, "you mentioned more test subjects. How many where there?"

"The project was to start with 10 subjects, 5 men and 5 women, but Congress cut funding before all of us could be made. So the outcome was seven, 3 men and 4 women."

"Well how did you escape if you where an experiment?” Shinobu asked meekly.

"I never really escaped. The experiment started with the selection of an expecting family then the embryo would be injected with the gene-altering drug when the mother came in for her checkups. All of this was done without the knowledge or consent of the parents. Then when the child was born they where kept under constant supervision from a distance. The only reason I know this is because you learn a few things having a company that works with the government."

"You also mentioned that you have the ability to manipulate ch'i. How advanced is your control over it?"

"Well it's not really how well I can control it, but by how much I can gather. The human body by itself is like a rechargeable battery and has a certain amount of ch'i flowing thru it at all times. However, thru training you can gather more and gain more control. The only bad thing is that the human body can only channel so much raw energy due to the frailty of the body. My body, on the other hand, was created to be over 10 times stronger. This in turn means I can gather and contain much more than any normal human.” He explained to them. Motoko seemed to understand but Shinobu had a look of confusion on her face. "Here let me show you."

He laid his hand on the table with his palm facing upwards.

"Okay now Shinobu place your hand on top of mine.She did as she was told, "Okay here is what happens when you gather ch'i. My palm should be getting warmer. Do you feel that?" she nodded her head in response. "Okay now if you'll remove your hand I'll show you a small example of what I can do."

As she removed, her hand from his it suddenly began to emit a faint blue glow. Then the aura began to converge into his palm until it formed a glowing sphere.

At that, Shinobu jumped back out of her chair, and even Motoko seemed startled by the display. He noticed their uneasiness and quickly dissipated the ball.

"Sorry about that I didn't mean for that to frighten either of you."

"So is that everything?
Motoko asked as she calmed down.

"Not really, besides creating ch'i attacks I can also use ch'i to fly at some unbelievable speeds for a short period. That's all to the experiment but not to the story.He paused for a moment so as to decide on how to continue, "This next part's a little hard to believe so I'll just tell you. I'm one of the Four Horsemen."

The two women's faces held a look of shock, "The Four Horsemen?"

"Yeah the riders found in chapter 6 of the books of Zechariah and Revelation. Sent across the Earth to prepare the way for the second coming of Christ. I am the fourth horseman, also known as Death."

"But I thought the four horsemen where angels?Shinobu asked.

"Well the Bible never mentions them as angels although wings did come with the package. The way it happens is that each generation only has one horseman in it shaping their timeline, and when the time came for the next human successor to take their place. They would be brought to them and challenge the previous one. Once they proved their worth, they would receive the powers of that particular one. This process would continue until the `Generation of the Rapture' where all four horsemen would be present in the period leading up to the Rapture. So that's it and I hope I've explained everything. I only ask that no one else learns of them.He said.

"Why? What would happen?Shinobu asked concerned

"Well as a small example try to imagine how people could react to finding out about the existence of super humans."

"Oh...I see.She said as she began to see his point.

"Very well Deus we shall keep your secret safe.Motoko said and Shinobu nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. Both of you. Now if you'll excuse me I am in desperate need of a shower.And with that, he got up from the table and began to head out of the room. As he reached the doorway, he turned around to them, "After I clean up it would be an honor if I could help you make breakfast Shinobu."

"Why yes I'd enjoy that very much.She said smiling at him.

"Thank you.He said giving a slight bow and headed up the stairs.

 

Well that's the end of Chapter 4. If you did like it please leave a review. If not please tell why. Until next time. Bye


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment