Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

What happens when one of Keitaro's American friends comes to visit? Could this mean love for one of the residents?

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Chapter 8


Author's note: This is a crossover with the Love Hina manga and my personal Abiotic Factor stories. This takes place two years before Keitaro and Naru are married. This is my first fic here so be honest in all post.

Legal Disclaimer: Love Hina is not mine nor are the characters, minus Amadeus and the other added characters, are mine either they belong to Ken Akamatsu (lucky guy).



Chapter 8



'A Science project....' he thought to himself with amusement as he drove to his companies testing grounds outside of Tokyo.



He continued down the road until he came to an exit and veered off the freeway onto a mountain road. As he went further down the road, he could begin to see his destination ahead, a large white building in a clearing at the base of the mountain that was blocked by the trees from any prying eyes. After he had cleared the tree line, he came upon a guard shack with a roadblock.



He rolled down his window as he pulled up to the guard shack the guard stepped out and told him, "This is a restricted area I'll need to see some ID." Deus handed him his badge, which the guard looked over carefully before returning it to him, "Thank you Mr. Gallimus have a nice day."



"Thank you and you do the same.” Deus said as he retrieved the badge and waited for the barricade to be raised before continuing to the building.



As he parked the car in front of the building, he barely had enough time to get out of the car before he heard the patter of a pair of little feet and felt something latch onto his leg. "Yay! Uncle's here!” a young girl's voice squealed happily.



"Hi there Katie I'm glad to see you to.” He said as he ruffled the girls black hair causing her to giggle and squeeze tighter, "Um... Katie...can you loosen your grip... loosing feeling in leg."



As he tried to relieve some of the pressure, the child was applying to his leg he heard a stifled laugh come from the front door. He looked to see a beautiful woman in her early twenties with shoulder length brown hair streaked with blonde highlights. She wore a knee length black skirt with a silver blouse, and held a digital work pad in her left hand. Her right hand was covering her lips as she tried not to laugh too hard at the sight in front of her.



"You always did have a way with women Deus." She told him as she watched him try unsuccessfully to remove the child.



"Ha, ha very funny Lacey." he said mockingly to her, "Can you help me out with your daughter before I don't have a leg to save anymore."



She laughed one more time before addressing the girl. "Katie let go of your uncle." As Katie heard this she looked at her mother with pleading eyes, but after her mother gave her a stern look she reluctantly let go.



"Aw you're no fun mommy.” The girl said as she began to pout.



"Don't worry Katie we can play later, promise.” He said giving her a smile and ruffling her hair some more.



With that, she immediately began to cheer up, "Okay!"



"Thanks for the assist Lacey." he told her while rubbing his leg, "So what is it that Hirato needed to see me for that he had to call me on my vacation?"



"We're still having a problem with the Integrated Pilot Control System; it's not connecting with the relays for the appendages."



"Well have you run a diagnostic yet?" he asked as he began to think on the possibilities of the cause.



"Do you think we would have called you in if the problem could so easily be solved?' she asked him while raising an eyebrow at him.



"Okay then what do we know already?"



"Here are the results from the last series of test.” She said as she handed him the pad, "At first we thought it might have been one of the piggyback ECU's but they're running fine."



"hmm." he said, as he looked thru the results of the different test programs. As he continued to gaze thru he began to feel the steady throbbing of a headache coming on. 'Great and so the day from Hell continues.' he mockingly thought to himself.



"Is something wrong Deus?” Lacey asked as he began to rub the bridge of his nose.



"No, I just foresee a very long day ahead of me."



"Well anyways what can you make of it?" she asked him.



"I'm not quite sure.” He told her as he continued to stare at the pad, "Where's Hirato I need to ask him some things about a few of these readouts."



"Come on then he's in the hanger with the rest of everyone else." she said taking Katie's hand and began to lead them through the facility. "So how have you enjoyed your stay at Keitaro's?"



"Oh it's quite the adventure over there.” He said looking up from the pad, "You should see some of the situations that he gets himself into with his fiancée. The odd thing is he could prevent most of them if he would just watch where he was going, but that doesn't really matter much to her when she punches him into orbit. In fact she kind of reminds me of you as far as a temper goes."



"And what's that supposed to mean?" she asked narrowing her eyes at him.



"You know what I mean.” He said giving her a knowing look.



"Whatever." she muttered as she brushed his remark off and opened the door to a large room at the back of the building.



As they walked into the room, he saw the bustling of technicians as they went about their various duties. The room itself looked big enough to hold a large cargo plane, but instead it was occupied by two towering robotic figures. The techs scurried around the figures checking their results with the different systems on the machines in a seemingly chaotic manner.



At the center of the chaos stood a lone man who was directing the workers and reviewing over readouts. He was approximately the same age, height, and physical frame as Deus. His hair was black and framed a handsome face that most girls would swoon over. He watched over the workers with a pair of hawk like brown eyes. As Katie saw him she quickly ran over to the man.



"Daddy!" she said happily as he turned to meet her.



"Hey there pumpkin." he said as he picked up the giggling girl into his arms



"Uncle Deus is here!" she told him excitingly.



“Really? Where? I don't see him.” He asked as he looked wildly around causing her to laugh at his actions.



"Over there silly!" she said as she pointed towards Deus's direction.



"Hey Hirato how's it going?” Deus asked as he and Lacey came up.



"Not to good I'm afraid. Your little toy is broke and we don't a clue on what's wrong. In addition, to that it's the main attraction at our product expo next week. So can you tell me why you couldn't leave the product design and developing to my crew while you did your job and stayed in your office? I mean I thought you would have quit designing new products a long time ago." Hirato joked lightly with Deus as he shook his hand.



"Please Hirato we've known each other before high school and I know that if I don't continue to give you problems you'll slack off at the first chance you get. So let's just call these designs of mine initiative to keep you on your toes." he told him.



Hirato threw his free arm up in defeat. "Alright I give, but couldn't you have designed something in a field that we have more data in than a bipedal mecha? I mean we could've shown our reverse polarity ion engine that NASA has been drooling over for the past quarter."



"Don't worry I already have those being shipped for the show. Plus you know as well as I do that piloted mechs are the future of robotic technology, and as president and founder it's my job to keep this company leagues ahead of any competition. That's why we are the leaders in so many different fields ranging from household items to faster than light space research."



Hirato scratched his head as he let out a sigh of defeat, "Yeah I know but if we can't figure out the reason why the IPCS keeps messing up we may have to cancel the demonstration of the prototypes. Which you know as well as anyone that we'd definitely loose orders and a mess of money from the ones that have already been made."



Deus nodded his head in agreement, "Tell me about it, but I have a few ideas of what..." he started before his cell phone began to ring, "Just a sec. Hello."



"Greetings Deus. Long time no see.” A deep voice said over the receiver.



"What do you want Hammond? Now is not a good time.” Deus asked in slight agitation.



"Always to the point with you.” Hammond said with a slight chuckle, "Anyways I just heard from some little birds that you plan to show a few new toys at your demonstration next week and one toy in particular is becoming quite popular. In fact it's creating such a buzz that my superiors have ordered me to purchase the project from you."



"What's the matter G.O.D. can't develop a mech with all the technological advancements that you have?” Deus asked with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.



"We could but it's always been cheaper and better business practice to buy out our competition. Thus in the end we receive a working prototype and loads of precious research data for very little effort."



"Sorry but no go. If you want the AMU you're going to have to buy a contract like everyone else after the demonstration." and with that he hung up the phone.



"You know I never did trust him.” Hirato said after Deus had put up his phone.



"I know what you mean, but we'd better tell Omega and Ginger to tighten up security anyways. We all know how determined our 'creators' get when they see a chance to increase their position in the eyes of the politicians."



"Will do. Now come with me and I'll show you what we have.” Hirato said as he led Deus towards one of the robots cockpit.



Meanwhile a dark figure closed their phone, "Well that ought to spice things up. While dear Deus is busy with his toys I think it's time I checked up on those delectable treats back at the dormitory." and as he said that the figure vanished in a flash.



Back at the Dorm things, where still buzzing over that mornings events especially for one certain tenant.



"What's wrong with me? The longer he stays here the harder it is not to think of him. But why is everyone else being so forward to him, even Tsuruko's been nagging them on.” Motoko said to herself.



"What am I doing?" she heard a familiar voice from behind ask. Motoko being deep in thought was just barely able to dodge the oncoming attack.



As she landed, she turned to see Tsuruko standing with her sword across her shoulder and smirk on her face, "You're lacking on your practice sister. Is something or 'someone' on your mind?"



"Wh... what do you mean?" she stuttered.



"Don't play dumb with me sister. Your face has always been easy to read. It's about Mr. Gallimus am I right?" she asked smiling more.



Motoko sighed and nodded her head in defeat. She had to tell someone, and her sister seemed like the best choice. "It started back when he first showed up at the dorm a few weeks ago..."



Well that's the end of Chapter 8. Until next time. Bye


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Riverwind on March 23, 2006, 7:36:33 AM

Riverwind on
RiverwindI'm just loving this story more and more!!