Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

What happens when one of Keitaro's American friends comes to visit? Could this mean love for one of the residents?

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12


Author's note: This is a crossover with the Love Hina manga and my personal Abiotic Factor stories. This takes place two years before Keitaro and Naru are married. This is my first fic here so be honest in all post.

Legal Disclaimer: Love Hina is not mine nor are the characters, minus Amadeus and the other added characters, are mine either they belong to Ken Akamatsu (lucky guy).



Chapter 12




Amadeus let out a sigh of exhaustion as he lay back from the desk he was sitting at. For most of the night, he'd been busy reviewing over the final details of the upcoming expo.



The expo was scheduled for the day after next and all that was left were the papers that required his approval. For a short time, it seemed that the event was destined to fail, but thanks to the hard work of his employees and a little bit of good luck, everything now seemed to be falling into place.



As he laid on the floor he began to hear the noises of some kind of commotion coming from outside. It was an almost daily event at the dorm, shortly after dawn Motoko and Keitaro would practice their sword drills in the courtyard. In fact, since he'd been staying there he'd often sit through their practices. At first, it was just to see how much Keitaro had improved, but more recently, it had to do with his ever-growing affection towards Motoko.



“Well better get these finished, because they're not going to sign themselves.” He said to himself as he began to look over the papers again trying to ignore the commotion from outside. Nevertheless, after a few minutes, his natural curiosity got the better of him and he soon found himself heading towards the commotion.



Once outside he noticed that he wasn't the only one who had taken an interest in the match as he saw Tsuruko already sitting on the patio sipping some tea. As she saw him come through the door, she sat down her cup and gave him a polite smile.



“Good morning Mr. Gallimus I trust you slept well.”



“Yes what little I did get, and please it's just Amadeus no need to be so formal. After all I'm around the same age as you.” He said returning the smile.



“Very well then Amadeus would you care to join me?” she asked offering him a seat.



“Thank you.” He said taking a seat and the cup of tea she offered him.



As they sat and watched the match, Amadeus was amazed by how much Keitaro had improved in such a relatively short time. Then again, he reasoned, with someone like Motoko as your opponent you had no choice but to get better, least you become some beaten pulp under the fury of her blade. They sat and watched as the two combatants attacked and parried across the courtyard, neither one willing to give the other the advantage.



After a few minutes, Tsuruko turned her attention to Amadeus, “So how are things coming along?”



“Well even though he's improved Keitaro's skill still isn't up to par with Motoko's. So he's going to have to rely on defense till hopefully he can find an opening if he plans to win.” However, as soon as he finished he heard Tsuruko laughing lightly, “What? Do you believe my conclusion is wrong?”



Tsuruko just continued to laugh until she finally bought the laughter under control, “No your deduction is quite accurate but I wasn't referring to the fight. I was more interested in the status of your relation with my sister.”



“Oh…my bad.” He said sheepishly as he began to chuckle, “I'd like to say that we've become closer and for once in a long time I'm happy. She just has a calming effect on me and it makes me want to do whatever I can to make her happy.”



Tsuruko just continued to smile, “I'm glad to hear that my sister has found that special someone meant just for her. To be honest I had always been worried that she might never find that special someone since that day she saw my future husband and me kissing.”



“Really, what happened?” he asked, but she just smiled at him.



“It's probably best if she answered that question herself.” She told him before they heard a loud crack.



They looked to see Motoko standing over a defeated Keitaro, who was rubbing his sore posterior. “Oww... Motoko you didn't have o hit so hard.”



“There's no mercy given in a real fight so don't expect me to give it in a practice match.” She told him.



“Aw geez that's a little rough.” Keitaro whined.



“Not really. Maybe it'll help you learn to stop over-extending your leg when you attack. I've been telling you that since I met you.” Amadeus said as he and Tsuruko walked up.



“Then perhaps you'd like to demonstrate the proper way.” Motoko said as she pointed her bokken at him. “I challenge you.”



“Are you sure after what happened last time.” He asked as he stared at the point of the wooden sword that wiggled menacingly close to his face.



“Last time I wasn't prepared this time I'm plenty warmed-up.” She told him with a determined look in her eye and a confident smile.



“Very well then.” He said returning the smile, “Keitaro may I borrow your bokken for a little while.”



“Um…sure.” Keitaro said as he handed over the wooden weapon.



Amadeus griped the sword at each end at raised it over his head stretching a little before bringing it to a ready position. But Motoko raised her hand stopping him.



“Wait. Not here I want to fight you away from everyone else so you won't have to hold back.”



He paused for a moment to think her proposition over before he lowered the sword. “Okay then lead the way.”



“Very well then.” She said as she led him out of the courtyard.



“Very sneaky sister.” Keitaro heard Tsuruko say to herself as the two walked away.



“What do you mean Tsuruko?” Keitaro asked a little confused at what the elder Aoyama sister meant.



“They're going to have some special `training' away from prying eyes. My husband and I used to do the same thing when we wanted some time together.”



“What?” Keitaro asked in his over-exaggerated tone as naughty visions filled his head. “You mean that they're going to go do that?”



Tsuruko just smiled her normal kind smile before turning and heading back in, “Maybe, maybe not.”



After they'd walked a ways into the surrounding woods, she stopped and turned to him. “This is far enough now can you show me your `angel form.'”



“Why the sudden interest?” he asked a little puzzled by the sudden demand.



“Cause I'm curious about it and I couldn't very well ask while my sister and Keitaro where around.”



“Hmmm…sneaky.” He said with a playful smirk, which she returned. “Alright then stand back a little bit.”



As she, stepped back she saw him began to gather his ch'i and the air around him began to take on a charged feeling. After a second, she could start to make out the shape of what looked like a pair of glowing wings coming from his back. Then in a sudden flash of light, the wings took on a physical appearance of the whitest wings she had ever seen. As the wings folded behind him, he opened his eyes that seemed to glow as well for a moment before returning to their normal blue hue.



She slowly approached him in a small state of awe at his new appearance. As she reached out and touched one of the wings she tried to find her voice, “S-so… does this mean that your part heavenly being?”



“No… I'm just a man that has been given the tools needed to complete the job that was given to him. These” he said referring to the wings, “are just a conversion of raw energy into a physical appearance. The power is with me all the time.”



“Amazing.” She said as she began to stroke the wing causing it to flutter in response and she noticed that Amadeus as well reacted to the gesture with what sounded like a purring noise. “They're very beautiful.”



“Not as beautiful as you.” He said as he leaned down and lightly kissed her. She responded by wrapping her arms around his neck deepening the kiss. As they slowly broke the kiss Amadeus quietly asked, “Can I ask you a question Motoko?”



“Of course.” She replied looking up at him.



“Well” he began as he took a seat under a tree and offering his hand for her to follow, “What made you want to come here?”



“What do you mean?” She asked a little confused as she took a seat in front of him and leaned back against his chest. His arms and wings wrapping protectively around her.



“Well when I was getting to know Kietaro during his stay in the U.S. a couple of years back. He told me about all of his adventures as the male manager of an all female dorm full of all types of `interesting' girls as residents. So I guess I was just wondering what brought you here.”



“To be honest I guess it was because I was angry at my sister getting married.” She said thinking back, “You see my sister and I have always been close and I would look up with pride to her growing up. But as she grew older, she began to show an interest in a male student who was training at the dojo. It continued until one day our father told that Tsuruko was engaged to the man and that I would be taking over her position as head of the school.”



“I was shocked at the news because it was always her greatest joy to be head of the God's Cry School, but she could no longer hold the title if she got married. So I headed off to ask my sister about this in person but when I opened the door to her room I found them kissing.”



“At that moment I felt anger towards her fiancée for what I thought was seducing my sister and making her forget her duty as head of the school. So I tried to find a way to make the man leave I even tried to steal his pet turtle but the stupid thing bit me. After everything failed I decided to leave the school and received permission from Grandma Hina to stay here because of her connections with my family.”



Amadeus lightly chuckled as she finished the story. “So that's why you're afraid of turtles.”



“Hey that turtle was mean.” She said as she turned around and poked him in the chest.



“And what would you do think of your sister's decision now?” he asked.



“Well after I had stayed here a while and meet everyone else I began to understand that she had made her choice out of love and not duty.



“So who becomes the head of the school if you get married?” he asked with a playful grin.



She diverted her face from his with a slight blush, “Well I suppose if that was to happed the title would go to the first-born from either Tsuruko or I.”



“And is there anyone you have in mind that might persuade you from your current duties?” He asked leaning closer to her.



She tried to hide a grin as she diverted her face from his, “I don't know but I'll be sure to let you know when he does show up.”



He gently turned her face back towards him, “Well then I guess they're going to have to just try really hard.”



But the moment was broken upon hearing a series of muffled whispers coming from one of the surrounding foliage. Amadeus dissipated the wings as the two quickly jumped to their feet.



“Who's there, show yourself!” Motoko demanded as she brandished the bokken at one of the bushes.



A young woman with white hair stood up from behind the bush and moved over to the two, “Hey Deus how's it going.”



“Hello Ginger who else is back there?” Amadeus said as he crossed his arms clearly not amused with being spied upon.



“Just Hirato and Omega.” She said which was quickly followed by a shush from the two that where still hidden, “What? It was your two's talking that got us caught in the first place.”



“Yeah but that doesn't mean that you had to rat us out.” Hirato said as he and a man with waist-length spiky purple hair stood.



“Motoko I'd like to introduce you to three more of my meddling friends. The woman is Ginger Duncan and the man with the long hair is her husband Omega Duncan, they're head of Security Operations for A.R.A.M.A. While the loudmouth is Hirato Jorik who is one of the head developers at the company. They're also from the same project as me.” He said gesturing to the three in turn.



“It's a pleasure to meet you.” She said lowering the bokken.



“Like wise.” Ginger said smiling at her.



“So what are all of you doing here so early I thought we weren't going to meet for a few more hours?” Amadeus asked them.



“Well we where, but once Carolyn told us that we'd be meeting Miss Motoko here we just had to come early.” Grinning mischievously.



“Yeah and I'm glad that we did cause after seeing her I'm actually thinking about leav- oomph!” Omega started, but was swiftly brought to his knees by a swift punch to the gut by Ginger.



“Don't even think about finishing that sentence if you plan to live anymore.” She said as she cracked her knuckles in a threatening fashion.



“Yes mam.” Omega said as he cowered under his wife's glare.



“So where's the rest of the group?” Amadeus asked expecting them to be hiding somewhere close by.



“They're back at the dorm, but once Keitaro told us where you two had gone we decided to check out the rumors for ourselves.” Hirato said as he grinned, “So let me ask you something Motoko is your relationship with Amadeus as hot and steamy as everyone says it is.”



Motoko was shocked by the suddenness of the question, but her expression was quickly replaced by one of anger as her grip on the bokken tightened, “You PERVERT!”



Hirato didn't know what hit him as he found himself flying through the air towards the dorm. As they watched him fly away, Ginger came up to Motoko and embraced her as if she was a long lost sister.



“I can see that you're going to get along just great with the other girls Motoko.”



“Yeah well I suppose we should go make sure the idiot is alright.” Amadeus stated as they began to make their way back towards the dorm.



As they approached the building they where greeted to the sound of scurrying feet and a happy voice. “Auntie Ginger! Auntie Ginger! Did you see it? Daddy came falling from the sky!”



“Did he now.” She said smiling at the child while giving a knowing wink to Motoko.



The little girl just smiled wider as she began to recall what`d happened. “Yeah Keitaro said we could all take a bath in the hot springs when all of a sudden SPLASH daddy fell into the hot springs. He was all wet and speaking real funny and mommy says that he got what he deserved. What do you think Auntie Ginger? Yay you found Uncle Deus!” She squealed as she latched onto his leg.



“Hey Katie how's it going?” he said ruffling her hair causing her to giggle.



It was then that Katie took notice of Motoko's presence and grew a little shy as she lightly tugged on Amadeus's pants leg to get his attention.



“What's up Katie?” he asked kneeling down to the girl's level.



“Who's that?” she whispered into his ear.



“That's Motoko. Why don't you introduce yourself?”



Her eyes lit up and she turned to the swordswoman, “Hi my name's Katie what's yours?”



“My name's Motoko.” She said kneeling down to the child's level.



“You're Uncle Deus's girlfriend that Aunt Carolyn told my mommy about. You're pretty like that Tsuruko lady. Are you two sisters? Do you like my Uncle? Are you going to marry him? If so are you two going to have kids?”



The little girl continued to flood the young woman with questions until one of the doors slid open and Lacey came out calling for the girl. “Katie did you want to take a bath in the hot springs?”



“Yeah, but can't I take a bath with Motoko, mommy?” she asked her mother with a hopeful look.



“I think you should ask her first.”



“Motoko will you go with me to the hot springs? Prwetty please.” She begged the swordswoman while giving her her best pair of puppy eyes.



“Very well then.” She said, as she couldn't resist the face that this little girl was giving her.



“Yay!” Katie said happily, as she began to lead Motoko towards the hot springs.



Lacey chuckled as her daughter dragged the poor girl past her, “Don't worry I'll make sure that Katie doesn't ask her too many questions.” She told Amadeus as she followed them inside.



As he watched them go in, he let out a sigh as he rubbed the bridge of his nose, “Why do I have a bad feeling about all of this?”



Omega just laid a hand on his shoulder, “Don't worry what's the worst that could happen with all of us here/”



“That's what I'm afraid of.”



“Huh?” Omega said not really understanding what his friend meant.



“Never mind.”



I kind of wanted to make this one a little longer but I decided to put the mall incident in the following chapter cause that's going to be enough by itself ^_^. You know the routine tell me what you've liked or haven't liked so far, and any ideas on how to make this story better.


Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Aaedien on March 14, 2006, 12:48:06 PM

Aaedien on
AaedienWell, good story!

However, I detest the usage of the word 'thru' in replacement of 'through'.

Also, there aren't enough commas when you have the characters speak.

AnimeMangaLover on March 12, 2006, 6:44:47 AM

AnimeMangaLover on
AnimeMangaLoverI like that Amadeus and Motoko's relationship is starting to grow ^^ It seems to be a lot of dialogue, so maybe describing things more? I have do the same thing in my stories; a lot of dialogue and not enough description.
Until the next chapter ^_~