Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Chapter 13

What happens when one of Keitaro's American friends comes to visit? Could this mean love for one of the residents?

Chapter 13 - Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - Chapter 13


Author's note: This is a crossover with the Love Hina manga and my personal Abiotic Factor stories. This takes place two years before Keitaro and Naru are married. This is my first fic here so be honest in all post.

Legal Disclaimer: Love Hina is not mine nor are the characters, minus Amadeus and the other added characters, are mine either they belong to Ken Akamatsu (lucky guy).





Chapter 13



“It's a pity that everyone couldn't come.” Ginger stated as they walked into the mall. Shinobu and Su decided to stay back at the dorms to study for a practice exam the next day, while Tsuruko just decided to stay saying that she didn't want to impose. “But we'll still have fun, won't we Carolyn….Carolyn?”



She turned to see Kitsune, Carolyn, and Lacey standing in awe at the rows of stores that greeted them. “Oh my, it's so beautiful.” Carolyn finally said. Lacey on the other hand couldn't seem to find the words to express the feelings of happiness that she felt.



“I know it's almost as if it was placed here just for us.” Kitsune said as the group embraced with tears of joy in their eyes.



“What's up with them?” Kietaro asked a little bewildered by their actions.



“They're shopaholics.” Omega nonchalantly explained as the rest of the group walked around the three, trying to ignore them. “Just ignore them they'll be fine in a couple of minutes.”



“Hey we heard that Barney.” Lacey said glaring at the purple-haired man.



Omega stopped in his tracks at the mention of his old high school nickname. He turned to face the woman who was currently glaring a hole in the back of his skull. “What did you call me?” He asked raising an eyebrow in inquiry.



Her lips turned into a smug smile knowing that she'd hit a nerve, “You heard me Barney.”



He slowly approached the woman until he stood towering over her hoping to intimidate her. “You know I hate that nickname. So stop saying it.”



However, she didn't back down as she began to jab him in the chest with her finger. “Well that's too bad Barney.”



That was the final straw for him as he lunged at Lacey, but she avoided his attack and soon took up refuge behind her husband and daughter. All the while chanting the nickname over and over like a child in a playground.



“Stop saying that!” He shouted as he tried to reach her, but she just laughed and continued chanting outside his reach.



Katie watched her mother with excitement and figuring it to be some kind of game began to chant along, “Barney! Barney! Barney!”



“Aw, not you to Katie.” He said a little downtrodden that Katie had turned against him as well.



“Don't feel bad. You know what they say like mother like daughter.” Ginger said as she patted her husbands back.



As they, all got a good laugh at Omega's misfortune Carolyn kept her eye on the real reason why she had thought up this shopping expedition. The further progression of Amadeus's relationship with Motoko whether they wanted her help or not, and she had just spotted the perfect store to start at.



“Come on Motoko I found the perfect store for you.” She said as she grabbed the samurai's arm and began to pull her towards one of the nearby shops.



“Wh-what are you talking about?” Motoko asked as she was dragged along. Upon stopping, she looked to see that they had stopped in front of a clothing store that looked to sell clothes of a questionable nature. Her cheeks took on a crimson tint as she looked at the grinning doctor. “You can't be serious.”



“Oh, but I'm very serious. By the time I'm done with you today Amadeus won't be able to take his eyes off you, and if where really lucky maybe even more. Now come on!” And with that, she dragged the protesting woman into the store.



The rest of the group walked up to the store just in time to see Carolyn pull Motoko into the store. As the girls followed them in the guys remained outside with somewhat nervous looks on their faces.



“You know what this means guys.” Hirato said to the others while still looking ahead.



“Yup.” The others replied almost in unison.



“Well we should get it over with quickly then.”



“Yup.” They said again, and after a deep breath, the guys entered the store ready for whatever would happen.



Meanwhile as the other girls rummaged through the racks of clothes, Carolyn pulled Motoko to the back of the store to the changing rooms. As she opened on up she pushed the samurai into it before closing the door.



“Now wait here and I'll go get some things for you to try on.” She shouted in before she left.



“Wait a mi-...” Motoko started but Carolyn had already left before she could finish.



After a few minutes of waiting, she returned and handed in a couple of outfits. “Here try these on. I had to guess at your sizes but they should be close.”



Motoko's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink as she held up the first articles of clothing that she was handed, a lacy pair of black boy shorts and a garter belt. “I can't wear this it's embarrassing.” She pleaded as she stuck her head out of the door.



“Aw come on I think it'll look cute on you.” Carolyn said smiling at her. “Here I'll show you how you're supposed to wear it.” She said as she jumped into the changing room.



“What are you doing get out of here!” Motoko protested to the intruder.



“No I have to make sure you put it on right, and first things first we have to take off these old clothes.”



“Wait! No! Don't touch that!”



The guys could clearly hear the struggle that was going on in the changing room from where they stood at the other side of the store.



“Sounds like Carolyn's forcing Motoko to try on some outfits. You worried Deus?” Hirato asked grinning slightly.



Amadeus just shrugged his shoulders, “Not really, Motoko can take care of herself. Plus whatever Carolyn picks out has got to be better than that prank you pulled on Kietaro when he went back to Japan.”



Hirato's grin widened as he leaned on something remembering what he liked to call his greatest prank to date. “That reminds me how did they enjoy their gifts Kietaro?”



Kietaro just laughed as he scratched his cheek remembering how the girls reacted when they found out that their gifts where Victoria Secrets lingerie. “Yeah they where pretty shocked over it, but I think I got off easy that time because they hadn't seen me for so long.”



“I'll bet they where but they probably weren't as surprised as Lacey was once she saw the credit card bill. Needless to say, that was a doozey to explain. Ha, ha, ha…” He laughed but he soon stopped when he heard a young woman clear her throat and tap him on his shoulder. He looked to see young sales clerk standing behind him, who seemed really embarrassed about something.



“Excuse me sir.” She said timidly.



“Yes can I help you?” He asked a little curious on what she wanted.



“Um… could you please not molest the mannequins.” She asked her cheeks turning redder as she said it.



“Huh?” He said still confused. The clerk just pointed to where his hand was, obviously too embarrassed to go into further detail.



Hirato turned to see that the object that he had leaned against was a mannequin torso that was displaying some provocative lingerie, and that his hand was indeed rested firmly upon one of cheeks of the model's derrière. He quickly removed his hand and hoped that his wife had not seen the act, but he was soon corrected in the error of that thought as he saw Lacey and Naru walk up.



“Hirato! Just what did you think you where doing just now?” Lacey asked as she crossed her arms and gave him scowl look. Daring him to say or do something stupid.



“I was just standing here leaning…” But he was cut off by his lecturing wife.



“I swear I can't leave you alone for five minutes before you're doing something perverted.”



Meanwhile Katie just stood there smiling as she watched her mother lecture her father. She just giggled and pointed her finger at her father, “Daddy's a pervert.”



“That's right Katie.” Her mother said as she continued to stare her husband down.



As Hirato was lectured by his wife, Naru leaned over to Kietaro, “You know that's something I kind of expected you to do Kietaro.”



“Yeah me to, but I'm glad it's not me. I think I'd rather get punched by you than get brow-beaten by Lacey.” Kietaro said the others just nodding in agreement.



“What was that?” Lacey snapped at them after overhearing the last part.



“Nothing.” Omega said as he began to laugh nervously which made him look guiltier.



Lacey was about to say something else but she was cut off by Carolyn calling over from the dressing rooms. “Amadeus could you come over her for a moment?”



“Sure.” He said eagerly as he jumped up and secretly thanked Carolyn for getting him out of that situation. “What did you need?” He asked her as he came over.



“Deus may I present to you the all new Motoko Aoyama.” She said as she pulled the swordswoman out from the dressing room.



Amadeus was speechless for the first time in a long while as he took in the woman who stood timidly in front of him. Her legs were clad in a pair of black thigh-high stockings that had a single white strip that wrapped around the top. Attached to the top of the stockings he could see what looked like to be garter straps, but they where hidden under the pleated folds of her black miniskirt. Her top was covered with a simple black tank top that had a plunging neckline that showed off a modest amount of cleavage. And to finish off the ensemble she had a black choker around her neck.



“Well what do you think? Do you like it?” Carolyn asked to him, yet all he did was nod his head in approval. “Good cause I already have a whole bunch of other outfits picked out. Credit card please.”



Amadeus just continued to stare at Motoko in awe as he removed the card from his wallet and handed it to the brunette. Shortly after she left to pay for the items, Motoko began to fidget under his looks.



“Please, it's embarrassing when you stare at me like that.” She said as her cheeks turned red and she looked down at the floor.



He was knocked out of his stupor as he scratched the back of his head a little embarrassed by his actions as well, “I'm sorry it's just that you look really cute in that outfit. Not that you don't always look cute.”



She smiled as he tried to explain himself, “You really like it? I'm glad to hear that . I was worried that you might not like it.”



He took her into his arms, “ I don't think that there's anything in the world that wouldn't look good on you.” He said as he lightly kissed her.



`Wow!' She thought to herself as she returned the kiss., `I'm beginning to really like this outfit.'



“Now, now you two. Are we going to have to separate you before y'all start humping like rabbits.” Kitsune said as they quickly broke the kiss, and Motoko buried her head into Amadeus's chest her cheeks beet red at being caught.



“You've got to be kidding me. Can't we get some alone time?” Amadeus muttered under his breath as he looked towards the sky as if asking for some kind of divine intervention. Yet all he received was a muffled laugh from Motoko as she tried to bury her face deeper into his shirt.



“Afraid not lover boy, we have to keep an eye on you two, or who knows what trouble y'all would get in.” Kitsune said as she nudged him in the arm.



“Fine, whatever. We'll behave.” He said with sarcasm as he gave a sigh of defeat.



“Now there's a good boy and remember no more PDA now.” She said winking to them as she walked away.



As she walked away Amadeus made, a quick look around to make sure that no one else was spying on them. Once he saw that all of the attention was over where Lacey was still chiding on Hirato he leaned down and whispered into Motoko's ear.



“What do you say we leave this party for a little while?” She just nodded her head in agreement. He gave her a smile as he grabbed her by the hand and they began to make their way to the door by ducking behind the clothes racks like a couple of teenagers.



A few minutes after they disappeared, Carolyn came back, bags in hand. She looked around a little confused on where the two could've gone. Then her brows furrowed when she realized that they'd left the store. Quickly she pulled out her cell phone and dialed Amadeus's number, the phone rang for a moment before he answered.



“Hello Carolyn.”



“Don't you `Hello Carolyn' me. Where are you two?” She demanded as she placed a hand on her hip. She heard him chuckle on the other end.



“That's for us to know and you to find out.”



“Don't you play games with me mister. You two get back here right now.”



“Sor-…can't hea-…must have…a…bad con-on…see you la-.” He said his voice fading in and out.



“Hey don't you hang up…” But it was too late he had already ended the call, “Think you can get away from me and ruin my plan do you? Well we'll see about that. Hey Ginger could you do me a favor?”



“What's that?” she asked her friend a little worried about what she could want.



“Do you think that your people over in security could trace Deus's phone?” she asked hopefully.



“Well sure but…”



“Then do it!” She commanded. As Ginger dialed the number of her job, Carolyn began to plot her next step. “So Deus, you and Motoko want to play hide-and-seek huh? Then let the games begin.”



“Oh boy she sounds mad.” Amadeus said as he hung up the phone and began to take out the battery.



“What are you doing?” Motoko asked him a little confused with his actions.



“Well if I know Carolyn like I hope I do she's going to try and trace my phone to find us. So by taking out the battery it should hopefully sever any signal that they could track. After all we don't want them to find us before we want them to now do we?” He said giving her a grin which she returned, and they began to walk through the mall hand in hand.



Meanwhile the Carolyn had gathered the rest of the group around Ginger as she finished talking to her office. As she closed her phone she let out a sigh, “They can't find a signal to trace, he must have turned off his phone.”



Carolyn let out a growl of frustration, “Fine then we'll do this the old fashioned way then. Ginger, you and Omega take the northern area. Lacey, you Hirato and Katie go to the left. Kietaro, you and Naru take the right. While Kitsune, Mutsumi, and I will take the upper level. Remember if any if you find them call the rest of us and we'll take them down as a group. Everybody got it, good, let's go.”



Motoko felt like she was floating on air as they walked down through the mall. She was finally alone with Amadeus and they didn't have to worry about being interrupted at least for a little while. They walked in front of the stores chatting about this and that, stopping only to look at the displays in the store windows. In fact, it almost felt like if they where on a date if there wasn't the chance of being found by the others.



As they passed by a jewelry store, she saw a necklace that caught her attention. Amadeus noticed her staring at the necklace, it was thin gold chain that had a gold pendant hanging from it.



“Do you like it?” He asked noticing the sparkle in her eye as she looked at the necklace.



“Yes, but it's too expensive.” She said a little saddened.



“Then say no more. If that is what milady desire's then that is what milady shall have.” He said as he began to walk into the store.



“Wait Deus! I can't let you spend that much money on me without being able to pay you back.” She said stopping him.



“Nonsense, spending time with you is more than enough for payment, but if that's not good enough then I'll accept this as payment.” He said as he claimed her mouth with his in a deep kiss. When he finally ended the kiss, he gave her a smile. “Payment accepted. Shall we go.” She just nodded as he led her into the store.



Upon entering the store they where greeted by an elderly gentleman who gave them a smile, “Hello and what can I do for you today.”



“Yes the lady would like the gold necklace you have in your window outside.” Amadeus told the man.



“Of course madam, an excellent choice.” The clerk said as he went and retrieved the necklace, “The pendant on this particular one can be engraved with a saying of your choice. Is there anything you'd like it to say?”



Motoko thought for a moment before replying, “Unknown paths, please.”



The clerk looked a little confused at first but he quickly gave her a warm smile, “Very well then madam. Just give me a minute to get it ready and ring you up.”



As the clerk made his way into the back Amadeus had to ask the question that was running through his mind, “Unknown paths huh? Does it have a certain meaning to you?”



Motoko just gave him a small smile, “Of course, it means that throughout life you never know where the path that your on will take you, or who you might meet along the way.”



Amadeus smiled warmly at her, “Wow, I didn't know you where so philosophical.”



“There's a lot you don't know about me Mr. Gallimus.” She said as her look turned more mischievous.



Just then, the clerk came back out and handed the necklace to Amadeus who in turn gave him another credit card. As the clerk, left to ring up the order Amadeus placed the necklace around Motoko's neck. After the necklace was on he gently wrapped his arms around her waist resting his head on her shoulder and whispered into her ear.



“That sounds like a challenge I just have to win.”



She felt her skin grow hot under his touch, but she wasn't going to let him win this one. She turned around to face him and gave him a light kiss before leaving his hold, as she began to walk away from him she turned back to face him. “Then let the challenge begin Amadeus.” With that, that she turned back around and walked to the door of the store her hips swaying in a seductive manner.



As he watched her walk away the clerk came back and handed him his receipt and credit card, and as he placed the card back in his wallet, a devious grin came across his lips. “Tally ho.” He said as quickly left to catch up with her.



The elderly clerk smiled as he watched the young man chase after the woman he was with, “Ah to be young again.”



Unknown to Amadeus and Motoko they where being watched as they exited the jewelry store. “So are we going to tell the others?” Kietaro asked Naru from where they where hiding.



“Maybe later but for now I say let them enjoy themselves.” She said winking at him. “Come on, I want to see where they're going next.”



“Hey wait up Naru!” Kietaro called to his fiancée as she tried to keep up with the two.



Meanwhile in another part of the mall Carolyn's group wasn't having any luck. “So Carolyn why are we looking for Motoko and Deus?” Mutsumi asked.



“Cause they might unknowingly ruin all my plans for them.” She answered as she continued to scan the crowd.



“Why the interest in their relationship so much?” Kitsune asked curious to know the reason. Carolyn just gave a small sigh.



“I just want him to be happy. You see I've known Amadeus and his family for most of my life, and I consider him as kind of a brother. So it really hurt me to see him in such pain after Jessie died. Even though he may look fine from the outside, he's still hurting inside, and I was happy once he told me that he was seeing Motoko. That's why I have to make sure that they get together, cause I believe that she's the only one that can finally complete him.” She said with determination in her eyes.



As she finished she heard a sniffle from behind her, she turned to see Kitsune and Mutsumi wiping away tears from their eyes. “That was so beautiful. Okay we'll help you to the end.”



Carolyn smiled warmly, “Thank you both of you.” Just then, she heard a growling noise, “What was that?”



“Oh my, I'm sorry that was my stomach I guess it's getting towards lunchtime.” Mutsumi said as she lightly laughed.



As the words sunk in, realization dawned on Carolyn. “That's it! Kitsune call everyone else I know where we're going to find them! Mutsumi you're a genius!”



“Am I really?” Mutsumi wondered as Carolyn dragged her and Kitsune through the crowd.



“So where are we going?” Kitsune asked her as she was pulled along.



“To the food court, cause there has always been one solid truth when it comes to Amadeus Gallimus, and that is that he's always ready to eat.”



“This was a great idea Motoko.” Amadeus said as he returned to their table carrying two ice cream cones. He handed one to her, “Your strawberry cone milady.”



“Thank you kind sir.” She said smiling as she took the out-stretched cone. “So how much longer do you think we can avoid the others?”



He just took a lick from his cone, “Probably not much longer. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't closing in for the kill as we speak.”



“How convenient that you should put it like that.” He heard a familiar voice say from behind him.



He just casually looked at his watch as he looked over his shoulder, “Congratulations Carolyn, it only took you an hour to find me this time.”



“One of these days you're not going to be able to wander off.” She said narrowing her eyes at him, which he just shrugged off.



“Maybe so, but not today.” He said smiling at her. She continued to glare at him but as she looked over at Motoko and noticed the necklace hanging around her neck, she smiled back at him.



“Someday you will. So what have you two been doing since you ditched us? Nothing to risqué I hope.” Carolyn asked as her, Kitsune, and Mutsumi joined them at the table.



“Nothing really.” Motoko said with a slight blush as she cast a glance at Amadeus, who just smiled back and took another lick from his cone.



“Oh no you're not getting off that easy spill it sister.” Kitsune said noticing the glance.



Motoko was about to break ender the three when she heard her saving grace cry out. “Motoko!” This was quickly followed by an excited child who latched onto the woman's waist. “We found you and Uncle didn't we mommy?”



“You sure did.” Lacey said as the others walked up.



“Hey where'd you get the ice cream?” Hirato asked to which Amadeus pointed over his shoulder to an ice cream stand. “Come on Katie let's go get you some ice cream for doing such a good job.”



“Yay!” The girl exclaimed happily, as she took her father's hand and they headed towards the stand.



“Well now that we found you two we have one last place to go, and that's to get the dress clothes for the dinner gala for after the expo.” Ginger said as she took a seat at the table.



“And being as we had to look for Deus and I still have his credit card. Guess who's going to be paying for them.” Carolyn said as she waved the piece of plastic in victory.



Amadeus just sighed in defeat as he raised his hand, and leaned over to Motoko and whispered to her. “I guess our fun is going to have to be postponed till later.”



“Hey, you two no secrets now.” Mutsumi said as she smiled at the two who just leaned back to there seats, a light blush on Motoko's cheeks.







You know the routine tell me what you've liked or haven't liked so far, and any ideas on how to make this story better. Till next time bye.






Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AnimeMangaLover on March 31, 2006, 5:34:32 AM

AnimeMangaLover on
AnimeMangaLoverGood chapter ^^ A few grammatical and spelling errors, but that's pretty much it ^^ Can't wait for the next chapter! ^^

Riverwind on March 26, 2006, 12:52:26 AM

Riverwind on
Riverwindkyaaahhhhh I like this Chapter! hehe Hide and Seek!!! I want to see Motoko in her outfit ^^ Nice design Amadeus, from what I pictured it to be hehe