Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

A sequel to "Unknown Paths" where Amadeus must meet Motoko's family. 

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3
Disclaimer

I do not own any rights to the Love Hina story or any of the characters from it, minus the ones Ive introduced, that honor goes to Ken Akamatsu.

Chapter 3



Amadeus looked around the room he was in dreary, as his sight came to him. Nevertheless, this proved useless, as the only source of light was a single beam that shone down from above him.

So a filthy gaijin like you thinks that you can wed my daughter and take over the Gods Cry School? he heard a female voice say from the shadows.

Whos there? he asked as he scanned the darkness that surrounded him, trying to discover the origin of the voice.

Answer the question. The voice demanded.

Amadeus could practically feel the utter disgust that this woman held for him, but he would not back down if it had to do with Motoko, Yes I would like to marry Motoko, but I have no interest in taking over the school. That belongs to Motoko and her family.

He heard the woman laugh at his answer before she retorted in a cold tone, You say that but all of you westerners are the same. You think that you can come over here and have anything you want, and its for that reason that I shall never allow you to marry my daughter.

No wait! he yelled into the darkness as the light began to fade. The next thing he knew he sat up in his seat with a jolt.

Is something the matter Amadeus? he heard Tsuruko ask from her seat across from him.

He did not answer her right away as he did a quick look around to get his bearings straight. He was still on the bullet train to Kyoto to the visit the Gods Cry School with Tsuruko and Motoko. Motoko, who was awakened slightly by his jolt, rested her head back on his shoulder and was now fast asleep again. Meanwhile Tsuruko was sitting in her seat and sipping from her cup of tea as she waited for him to answer her question.

It was nothing just a bad dream. I guess Im just a little nervous at meeting your mother is all. He told her as he gave her a reassuring smile.

I do not believe that there is nothing that you should be nervous about, after all she is still an Aoyama and a former head of the Gods Cry School. She told him as she took another sip from her tea.

Well thats the parts that Im worried about. He told her light-heartedly, to which she just smiled in reply, Yet Amadeus couldnt help but be reminded of his recent dream, and hoped that it wasnt some kind of precognition of the meeting to come. Tsuruko. He waited a moment to make sure that he had her attention before he continued softly so as not to wake Motoko. What do you think my chances are, honestly as a foreigner, of winning your mothers approval?

She paused for a moment to think over the question before she answered him, I wouldnt know honestly, but being as it was our mother who instilled into us the values of justice and to know the difference between good and evil I wouldnt give my hopes up. It was then that she gave him one of her sweet smiles, But if its any consolation I dont think Motoko could have found anyone better.

Thanks he said as he gave her a small smile in return before looking out the window of the train at the passing scenery.

The rest of the trip was in relative silence and he found himself beginning to doze off again as he watched the trees wiz by the window and heard the humming of the train. He was about to fall back asleep when he heard an attendant come over the intercom, announcing that they would soon be arriving in Kyoto. He gently nudged Motoko awake as the train pulled into the station and once the train had come to a stop, the three of them had already grabbed their bags and they made their way off the train.


Luckily it was only was about a thirty minute walk to the school from the station, and they soon found themselves at the entrance to the prestigious school. As they walked to the main entrance hall they passed by a few of the students who where busy doing chores, but once they saw the sister group walk in they gave a respectful bow to the heads of the school. To which the sisters returned in stride.

Once they had reached, what Amadeus assumed was the entrance hall, the two women turned to him and Motoko was the one to speak to him, Please wait here Amadeus while we go and find our mother. Amadeus just nodded in agreement as the sisters turned to leave.

As the two left through a shoji door and made their way down a hall, Amadeus waited in the hall patiently and he soon found himself looking around the room at the craftsmanship of the building. He could only imagine how old the school actually was as he ran a hand along one of the many pillars that stood in the center of the room. But as he studied the grain of the wood, he was distracted by a strange series of noises.

The first noise was the sound of a woman ordering a command but it was too muffled for him to make out. Then after a few moments, he heard the woman give another command, which was soon followed by a series of thudding noises. As he stood there trying to figure out the noise he soon found himself walking towards the side of the room that the noise was coming from.

He walked up to the shoji wall and placed his ear close to it so that he could make out the voice better. As he stood there, he heard the woman order the command of Loose which was immediately followed by a new noise that sounded like the twanging of a rubber band. Amadeus didnt have time to figure out what that something was as an arrow ripped through the paper wall just inches from his head.

As he began to fall back, he felt the fletching brush against his cheek as the arrow passed by his head before shooting off into the room and finally come to a stop embedded into one of the pillars in the room. He sat there in a state of disbelief as he heard a series of footsteps coming from the other side on the wall, and as the door slide open, he saw a woman with dark blue hair step in.

Are you okay? she asked worriedly as she made her way towards him.

Yeah Im fine, just a little startled is all. He said as he slowly made his way to his feet and went to retrieve the arrow.

Im terribly sorry about that. The woman said as she gave him a low bow, I was instructing a group of our younger girls on how to use the bow and arrow, when one of the students lost control and the arrow shot over here.

Its quite okay really. He said lightheartedly as he felt a little uncomfortable with the woman bowing to him. It was then that he saw a little face peeking around the door behind the woman. Is this the little marksman?

The woman turned to look behind her and motioned for the child to come to her, although the girl was reluctant at first she obediently made her way to stand in front of the woman with her eyes never leaving the floor. Apologize to the gentleman Setsuna.

The girl did as she was told and bowed to Amadeus. Im sorry, please accept my apology.

He just smiled at the girl as he knelt down to her level, Apology accepted, just make sure to hit the target next time. He told her as he held the arrow out to her, which she took with a smile and a nod.

Setsuna go and tell the others that class is done for the day. The woman told the girl and after a quick bow to excuse herself, she made her way out of the room to do as she was told. It was then that the woman turned her attention back to Amadeus. Now is there something that I can help you with?

As the woman addressed him, he got his first real chance to look at her since she had arrived into the room. Her dark blue hair went down to her waist and she had the most hypnotizing pair of blue eyes. He was also surprised at how much she resembled Motoko and Tsuruko, and like them, she was very beautiful and even appeared to be around the same age.

Yes, I hope so. My name is Amadeus Gallimus, I came here with Tsuruko and Motoko Aoyama to visit their mother, and I was wondering if you might know where to find her?

The woman just smiled sweetly at him, As a matter of fact I do, you see- but she was interrupted as another door slid open and Motoko and Tsuruko stepped in, but they stopped when they saw the woman who stood next to Amadeus.

Oh Motoko, this woman said that she knows where to find your mother. Amadeus said to the sisters as he motioned to the woman.

Um, Amadeus that is our mother. Motoko told him bluntly.

Amadeus froze upon hearing that and slowly turned back to face the woman he had been talking to, who just smiled at him sweetly, Youre Keiko Aoyama? he asked her with a sense of dread in his voice.

Why yes I am Mr. Gallimus and Ive been expecting you. She said as he saw a gleam of mischief come to her eye as she looked at him, which caused Amadeus to gulp.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment