Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Ethan Hayward has the ability to control water. Does he also have what it takes to become an X-Man?
 
Self-insertion fanfic based on the characters from the movie trilogy.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
Chapter 1
Place: Arbormoor, Ohio, SW of Cleveland.
Time: 7:30 AM

        Sixteen-year-old Ethan Hayward turned the nozzle on the bathtub as he washed himself, getting ready for the day. It was Saturday, meaning no school. He had the day free to do as he wished, and what he wished was to go to the movies with the girl from school he liked, Rachel. He was so excited just to see the movie with her, even though they did such things all the time. Rachel and Ethan had been friends since he could remember, but lately, things had felt... different. At least for him, they had. If anything was different for Rachel, she hadn't noticed or responded. Ethan began to think that he may be falling in love with Rachel. The thought of his feelings made Ethan's heart skip a beat, and he found it hard to breathe. Actually, he found it hard to breathe now. Snapping back to reality, Ethan noticed a thickening mask of water on his face that was preventing his breathing. He tried to scream, but the water pushed itself down Ethan's throat, only making him choke. It held itself there, as if latched in his airway. As Ethan began losing consciousness, he willed for something... anything... to push the water back out. He tried to push air out of his lungs with all of his might, but to no avail. The water held tight, suffocating him. He was going to die, and he couldn't fight it. He closed his eyes and welcomed the final wave of darkness as he lost all conscious thought.

Place: New York
Time: 7:35 AM
        All was peaceful as the morning stretched over the Xavier Institute for Gifted Students. Ororo Munroe looked out her dorm window, admiring the greenery that blanketed the front yard. She turned her attention toward the plants hanging in her room, and concentrated on the moisture in the air. A small cloud began to form above the nearest plant, raining down water that moments ago had been nothing but vapor floating through the air. Ororo concentrated on the other plants, and similar clouds began raining upon the other plants in the room, nourishing their roots for the day. Ororo smiled as she made the clouds disappear, and began to get ready for the day. However, her thoughts were interrupted by an authoritative voice that spoke within her mind.

        Storm, I need you to ready the jet. Cerebro has picked up another mutant, and I believe you are the perfect choice for this one.

        "Yes, Professor," she replied. Well, she thought. It seems like we're getting a new student.

Place: Arbormoor General Hospital, Arbormoor, OH
Time: 10:00 AM
        Ethan opened his eyes to find himself laying in a hospital bed, with his parents standing nearby. Elizabeth Hayward gasped a breath of relief as she noticed her son's eyes opening. "Oh, thank God, Ethan, you scared us to death!"

        "Where am I?" Ethan asked, looking around.

        "You're at the hospital, son," James Hayward replied, stepping up to the side of the bed. "The doctors said you nearly drowned. We found you hunched over in the tub, under the water. Did something happen?"

        "No, I was only.... I was taking a shower," Ethan answered. But then what? His eyes went wide as he remembered the water pushing itself into his airway and blocking off his breathing, and then darkness.

        "I think I can explain," came a voice from the doorway. Ethan and his parents all turned to see an older gentleman in a wheelchair and a young African American woman with white hair. The gentleman was wearing a suit, the woman clad in a leather uniform. The gentleman wheeled himself over to the side of the bed. "My name is Charles Xavier, and this is my associate, Ororo Munroe. We're here because we want to offer you an opportunity, Ethan."

        "What kind of oppurtunity?" Elizabeth replied, a look of concern on her face.

        "Mrs. Hayward, your son seems to have the ability to manipulate water at will," Professor Xavier replied.

        "You mean, he's one of those mutants on television?" James asked.

        "Indeed. What happened this morning was a result of your powers being awakened within you, Ethan. I would like to extend an invitation for you to come to my Institute for the Gifted, where you can learn to control your powers."

        "I'm afraid that's not going to happen, sir," James retorted. "Not only is my son not a mutant, but even if he were, I wouldn't send him off to your Institute because it would be a burden financially."

        "I can assure you that Ethan will have everything he needs at the Institute, with no cost to you or himself."

        "Ethan is not one of those dangerous freaks!"

        "Indeed," Ororo spoke up. "Ethan is not a freak, as the media paints him and other mutants to be."

        "However, Mr. Hayward," continued Xavier, "if Ethan were not to control his powers, wouldn't he be risking a repeat of this morning? At this point, yes, he IS dangerous. Mainly to himself."

        James thought about that. "You could be right, Professor. I don't want to lose him, especially in that way." He turned to Ethan. "Well, it's up to you, kiddo. You want to give this Institute a try?"

        "I don't want to die because of an accident with my powers," Ethan replied. "Professor, I would like to join the Institute."

        "A good decision, Ethan," Xavier replied. "Come, Mr. and Mrs. Hayward, let's see if we can get release forms put together."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment