Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Chapter 19

Axel returns as a biker to aid Sora, Riku and Kairi in their battle against the Heartless.

Chapter 19 - Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Chapter 19
Heartless Hunter Axel
By Axel Ingleson

(disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts belongs to SquareEnix and Disney. Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)

-Chapter 19-

The door to the Underworld loomed before Demyx once again. But this time, with Axel and the others alongside him, it didn’t seem quite so large.

“Well,” he said, mostly to himself. “Let’s get this over with. The sooner I’m reunited with my sitar, the better.”

“Scared?” Sora asked, without a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

“I’d be stupid if I wasn’t,” Demyx replied. “But I’m going in anyhow. I’ve got a sitar to rescue.”

Demyx stepped forward and the gates to the Underworld swung open.

“So, where to from here?” he asked Sora. “You’ve been here before.”

“So have you,” Demyx replied.

“Not from this point,” Demyx admitted. “I came in somewhere in the middle.”

Sora thought about it, then remembered. “Follow the river. All rivers in the Underworld flow toward Hades.”

Demyx took a deep breath and passed through the gate with Axel and the others close behind.

It didn’t take long for them to find their way into a glaring trap. Literally glaring.

“I don’t remember this being here before,” Demyx confessed, squinting against the brightness.

“Neither do I,” Sora admitted, his eyes stinging. “So, what do we do?”

“Take my hand,” Riku replied, casting a veil of shadows before his eyes. “I’ll lead you out.”

Sora took Riku’s hand, then offered his hand to Axel, who in turn grabbed Demyx’s hand. Demyx took Seraphine’s hand and she took Xirin’s.

“Don’t let go,” Riku warned as he moved forward and toward the exit, hoping he was not leading his friends into another trap.

“The Twilight Child,” Hades realized, his voice dark with anger at his trap being so easily escaped. “I should have realized you were around. I wondered when I would meet you.”

“Give me back my sitar,” Demyx demanded.

Hades waved his hand and Demyx’s sitar appeared before them, suspended in mid-air too far up for them to reach.

“Come and get it,” Hades laughed.

Demyx leapt up to grab the sitar, only to fall short. After several tries, he turned to the others. “I can’t get it.”

Riku considered the problem, then crouched down. “Stand on my shoulders. You can jump high enough from there.”

“No,” Axel said. “With all respect, your majesty, I’m taller.”

“You’re right,” Riku admitted, standing back up. “Okay, Demyx. Stand on Axel’s shoulders and jump from there.”

Demyx got up on Axel’s shoulders and tried once more. He grabbed the sitar and felt a sudden surge of energy as he and his weapon, if a sitar could be called a weapon, were reunited.

Dropping gently to the ground, he turned and grinned at his friends. “Let’s get out of this place,” he suggested. “It gives me the creeps.”

“Me, too,” Sora admitted.

They headed back to the gates, finding the way back much simpler than the way in. There were still Heartless and Nobodies to contend with. But with Demyx back in full form, they were easily dispensed with.

They arrived at the gates and were just about to pass through, when Hades appeared once more and blocked their way.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you take my favorite instrument,” he told Demyx. He grabbed for the sitar, but this time Demyx was not afraid.

“Dance, water! Dance!” the water-mage cried out as he began to play the instrument.

Water-clones surrounded Hades, but he easily swept them aside.

Demyx tried a geyser attack, but Hades merely laughed it off.

It was enough to distract the Lord of the Underworld, however, and in the split second that he wasn’t paying attention, Riku and Sora launched a double Keyblade attack which brought Hades to his knees.

Defeated, Hades got to his feet. “You cannot escape me forever, musician.” He told Demyx. “That’s all you are and all you’ll ever be. Just a musician.”

“There are worse things to be.” Demyx replied.

“Come on, Demyx,” Axel said, putting an arm around the water-mage. “Let’s go home.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment