Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Chapter 20

Axel returns as a biker to aid Sora, Riku and Kairi in their battle against the Heartless.

Chapter 20 - Chapter 20

Chapter 20 - Chapter 20
Heartless Hunter Axel
By Axel Ingleson

(disclaimer: Kingdom Hearts belongs to SquareEnix and Disney. Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)

-Chapter 20-

The first thing that Demyx did when he saw Seraphine was to give her a gentle kiss on the cheek. He didn’t know why. He just felt compelled to do it.

Axel glared at him.

“I’m sorry,” Demyx apologized. “I just felt the urge to kiss her.”

“Well, at least it wasn’t on the lips.” Axel allowed, begrudgingly. “Besides, I think I know why you did it. It’s because part of you remembers.”

“Remembers what?” Demyx asked.

“That you used to be my kitten,” Seraphine told him.

Demyx stared at her. “I was a WHAT?!”

Seraphine held up little Edym. “This is Edym,” she introduced. “Your Somebody.”

“My… Somebody?” Demyx asked.

“It’s up to you,” Axel said, softly. “You can return to your Somebody and be her kitten. And you’ll be whole again. Or you can marry me and remain a Nobody. The choice is yours to make, Demyx. Nobody else can make it for you.”

“I need time to think it over,” Demyx told them. “Give me a day or two. It’s a big decision and I don’t want to make a mistake.”

“Take all the time you need,” Seraphine told him.

“I’m afraid you’re all out of time,” Xirin said, drawing his Keyblade. “Especially you, your majesty.”

Riku turned to Xirin, glaring angrily at him. “You traitor!”

“I take after my big brother,” Xirin shot back.

Riku bowed his head in shame.

Xirin smiled and raised his Keyblade, preparing to cut off Riku’s head.

“Don’t listen to him, Riku,” Sora told his boyfriend. “You’re nothing like him. You were trying to help Kairi.”

Riku knew there was no way he could dodge the blow. But before it could connect with his neck, Demyx blocked it with his newly retrieved sitar.

Riku took the opportunity to draw Way To The Dawn and countered the next swing effortlessly, rising to his feet and beating back Xirin’s attack.

But Xirin was Riku’s replica, and he had the same abilities as his twin.

Sora started forward, but Axel put a hand on his shoulder.

“This is Riku’s battle,” the fire-mage said, solemnly. “He must fight it alone.”


They circled, dodged, lunged, and parried. The others watched, cheering Riku on as the two combatants fought.

It took a long time for the fight to come to an end. But eventually, Xirin’s pride got the better of him, and he got sloppy enough for Riku to slip past his defenses and bring him to the ground.

“Go ahead,” Xirin said as Way To The Dawn touched his throat. “Kill me.”

Riku shook his head. “No. I will not kill you.” He said, rising to his feet and helping Xirin to his. “However, though it pains me to do so, I must banish you from my homeworld. You will never set foot on Destiny Islands.”

“Then neither will you,” Xirin replied. “It’s my ship, and you won’t get anywhere without it.”

He raced to the controls and set the ship’s coordinates for the World That Never Was.

“Now the fun really begins,” he laughed, insanely.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment