Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Chapter 13

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 13 - Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - Chapter 13
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU
(A/N: Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)


-Chapter 13: Return To Riku’s Castle-

Once Demyx was far enough away from the Kajizuko village, he opened a dark portal and stepped through it, coming out the other side just in front of Riku’s castle. Without a moment to waste, he made his way to the infirmary and into Axel’s room.

“Here,” he said, handing the ethereal fire to the castle physician.

The doctor placed the sphere on Axel’s chest and carefully opened it. The flames sank slowly into Axel, leaving his skin slightly warmer but unmarked.

Those in attendance watched this in amazement until the tip of the last flame vanished into the fire mage’s skin.

Axel’s breathing slowly returned to normal. Demyx breathed a sigh of relief when he finally opened his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Axel,” the water mage apologized. “Please, don’t be mad.”

“I’m not,” Axel told him. “Demyx, I’ve told you before, I’ll always come back to you.”

“You might not after what I have to tell you,” Demyx sighed. He’d been debating about whether or not he wanted to deliver Kasai’s message to his son. At first he hadn’t wanted to. But the more he thought about it, the more he decided it would be best if he did. If Axel found out without him telling, the fire mage might become angry.

“Why?” Axel asked. “What could you possibly say to me that could ever separate us?”

“Your father wants you to return to your village.”

“When did you go to my village? How did you even find out about it?”

“Your island is just off the South Coast,” Demyx explained.

“I had no idea we were so close to my original home,” Axel said in wonder. “When I grew up there, we never passed the mountains.”

“Do you want to go back?” Demyx asked him. “I mean your father’s there and all.”

Axel was silent for a long time, lost in thought. Finally he looked up at Demyx.

“No,” he decided. “After being out here in the outside world, I don’t think I could be happy living in an isolated community any more. Besides, they would never let us be together. They’ve been too cut off from the modern world. They’re not exactly what one would call open-minded. Us both being men aside, they would no doubt have you executed if they knew what you were.”

“You mean a water mage,” Demyx guessed.

Axel nodded. “I can’t go back to what I was. I’ve seen too much and love you too dearly to do that. By the way, how did you know about them?”

“I had to retrieve the ethereal flame to save your life,” Demyx explained. “King Riku sent me to their island, your home island, to get it from them.”

“You underwent the cave of fire trial?” Axel asked.

Demyx nodded. “And I saw the statue of your tribe’s founder. Your chakrams are just like his.”

Axel nodded, but didn’t go into it. Instead he smiled.

“I’m proud of you,” he told Demyx. “That was extremely brave of you to face that task.” He kissed Demyx on the forehead, the tip of his nose, and finally on his lips.

“That,” he said, softly, “is why I have no wish to return home.”

“I’m glad,” Demyx sighed as he snuggled up to Axel and closed his eyes peacefully.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment