Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Solo? Say What?!

this story is about a dimension trekker. it's about her adventures in Hyrule, beginning with her life in the Opera Populair. She meets one of her best friends, and discovers more about life. and more importantly about herself...
MY OC'S STORAY!

Chapter 3 - Solo? Say What?!

Chapter 3 - Solo? Say What?!
Tara ran down the halls of the Opera Populair, holding up the skirt of the dress so she would't trip. Her musical lessons with the Phantom had gone on longer than she expected, and she hoped no one had noticed her absence. She could hear someone calling her, not far off. The girl scrambled around a corner and crashed head-long into the person going the opposite direction. she tumbled down ontop of them, hitting the ground and rolling off to the side. A muffled "ow" came from the jumble of blonde hair and robes."I'm so sorry, Bartholemew!" the recklas girl apologized. The blonde chuckled as he lifted himself from the floor, shaking his head to straiten out his ruffled hair."What were you doing running so fast? And where have you been? I've been looking for you." he said, scratching his beard and brushing dust off of himself. He extended his hand to help her up."I...I'm sorry. I was...going over my chorus songs in my room." she fibbed, taking his outstreched hand. He gave her a quizzical look, them smiled."Happy birthday, by the way. Today is a very special day." She smiled, and started walking down the hall with him. "Thank you. I guess 17 is a pretty big number." she replied. "I have something for you." His hand fished inside his robes. The 17-year-old's eyebrow raised suspicously as Bartholemew pulled out a wrapped package. "Here. This is for you." he said, handing her the present. She took it and started to carefully unwrap it. She gasped as she pulled off the brown paper, revealing a beautiful sheathed silver dagger. The handle was cleverly carved, and it had blue sappires decorating it."Oh my...how wonderful, Bartholemew, thank you!" she exlaimed, hugging the older blonde. "You're very welcome," he said, returning the friendly hug. "It was your mother's. She wanted you to have it." Her eyes shone as she looped the brown belt around her waist and fastened it."I'll think of her when I use this! When will that be? What'll I use the dagger for?" she asked."Oh, stuff," he said as he started to walk away, "You'll find our soon enough." the blonde called over his shoulder. The confused girl was left to stand there, wondering what he could mean. Her thoughts were interupted by the gong of the clock beside her as it struck 8:00. Ah! she thought, The show! It starts in 30 minutesI'MGONNABELATE!! She scampered down the hall once more to go get ready. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Tara sat infront of her vanity in her room, tediously putting her long dark hair up into a nice bun. She had just finished bathing, and was dressed in a bath robe. She put up the last part of hair, and sat back to admire her work. It was a neat bun, with a small strand of curly hair dangling by her right cheek."Are you decent?" a deep male voice called out. She pulled her robe more snuggly against her, and tightened the rope. "Yes." The phantom stepped out of the shadows."Your hair looks lovely." he said, an amused smile playing across his face. She rolled her eyes, knowing that he knew how long it took her to put it up. "Thank you, Eric." she said anyway."I can't wait to hear your solo." She stood, smiling, then stopped dead in her tracks."What solo? I'm not singing a solo tonight." She gave him a confused look."Our fill-in soloist has had, shall we say, an accident." He smiled deviously as she looked up at him in horror."What did you do to them?" her voice had a shrill edge to it."Nothing fatal. Now, you can sing any song you like, because the part is only a side-song, so the stage crew can set up for the next big scene." She shook her head slowly as she sank back down on her vanity bench."No," Tara said as she shook her head again, "I can't, I'll do a horrible job! I can't sing for a crowd. I'm not even a soprano!" The phantom bent down infront of her, his deep blue eyes meeting hers."You have been well taught, and I would not have put you up to this if I thought you couldn't do it. And just because you're an alto doesn't mean you're not as good as a soprano," He took her hands in a friendly, reasuring gesture. "Because I know you are far better than most of the sopranoes in this opera house." The girl smiled meekly as she looked down at her hands."Thank you for your kind words, my friend. What sheould I sing, though? I can't really think of anything." Eric stood, and thought for a moment."I know! you could sing Music of the Night. You love that song." She stood as well."That would be great! But it has a few higher notes." The Phantom nodded knowingly."Yes, but I'm sure you can hit them without trouble. Just remember your teachings." She sighed shakily, and nodded."All right. I will. Thank you, my friend." He smiled, satisfied."The dress is in your closet. I'll notify the musicians." With that, the mysterious phantom disapeared into the shadows. Tara walked over to her closet and opened the door. Sure enough, a beautiful blue dress was hung there neatly. She smiled as she took the dress out.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment