Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Performance Time!

this story is about a dimension trekker. it's about her adventures in Hyrule, beginning with her life in the Opera Populair. She meets one of her best friends, and discovers more about life. and more importantly about herself...
MY OC'S STORAY!

Chapter 4 - Performance Time!

Chapter 4 - Performance Time!
Tara stood behind the curtain, nervously twiddling with the jewel of her necklace as she watched the opera. She took a deep breath, slowly releasing it as she tried to quell the dozens of butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Her song was next. She had never been more nervous in her life. A gloved hand came from the shadows and rested reassuringly on her bare shoulder."Stop thinking about messing up, and all the people," Eric's deep voice sounded in her ear. "Just think about the music. That's all that matters." The scene on stage drew to a close, and the nervous feeling in her stomach increased."Good luck. And watch those high notes." With that, the phantom was gone. Her hand dropped to her side as she stepped onto the stage. The lights shone harshly on her, and she tried not to squint as she walked to center stage. She tried to calm herself as she saw the massive crowd of all the finely dressed people waiting to hear her sing. The maestro readied the orchestra, and nodded to her. She nodded back, and the music started to play. She breathed in slowly, and started to sing."Nighttime sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs, and wakes imagination. Silently the senses abandon their defenses," her voice sounded a bit shrill to her ears as she went higher. She kept a pleasant smile on her face, scanning the crown as the music played. She took in a slow breath, getting ready to come in on her part."Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendor. Grasp it, sense it, tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day, turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light. And listen to the music of the night." Tara could feel her throat loosening, and prepared herself to sing high."Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams, purge your thoughts of the life you knew before," she closed her eyes and decrescendoed, "Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar" opening her eyes and looking to the vast crowd again, her eyes fell on a distinct fellow."And you'll live as you've never lived before." He had radiant red-gold hair, and his sharp green eyes stared up into hers."Softly, deftly, music shall caress you. Hear it, feel it, secretly possess you. Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind, in this darkness that you know you cannot fight," Still looking at the man, she felt a connection with him."The darkness of the music of the night." Looking away, she crescenoed and tilted her head up a bit, her voice carrying through the enormous room as she sung the next verse."Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world, leave all thoughts of the life you knew before," Tara took a deep breath, ready for the next verse, "Let your soul take you where you long to be!" Her voice rang out clearly and powerfully, and she glanced at the phantom, who was standing hidden behind the curtain. His blue eyes shone proudly. Tara looked back at the audience."Only then can you belong to me. Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation," she looked back at the man. She seemed to be drawn to him."Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in, to the power of the music that he writes," she quickly changed the words a bit, to give Eric some credit."The power of the music of the night," she held the note out beautifully as the orchestra played. Tara looked over to the phantom again, to see he was smiling, something she rarely saw. She looked back to the audience, the orchestra still playing."You alone can make this song take flight. Help me sing the music of the night." She held out the last note, slowly scanning all the faces smiling up at her. Her eyes rested on the man as she cut off. Thunderous applause erupted as the audience started clapping. She smiled broadly, looking to the maestro. He was smiling as well as he gave her a proud wink. Still smiling, she exited the stage and was quickly met by congratulatory smiles, handshakes, and back patting from the stagehands and other performers. No sign of the phantom. After leaving the back stage area, Tara walked down the dark hall leading to her room. A gloved hand reached out of the shadows and halted her. Beaming, the girl came face to face with the phantom. He was smiling as well."That was marvelous," he said. Great joy welled up in her, and she threw her arms around him in a hug, he stiffened at the gesture, but she kept hugging him."Oh man, I was so nervous! But I did it! I didn't mess up! All because of your teachings! Oh, thank you thank you thank you!" She released him, beaming, and he gave a smile. It almost could be taken for a smirk."It wasn't ALL me. YOU'RE the one who sang it. But you're welcome anyway." Her smile broadened."Are you going to the ball afterwards?" she asked her friend. His smile vanished. "I don't think so. I'd cause too much of a commotion." He took on his usual look of the moody phantom. "Oh, come on! Have a little fun, will ya?" the girl said. Her smile started to dim. There was a small pause. "Are you sure?" she asked softly."Positive," he answered, running his hand over his hair, "You go have fun, though. There's someone who wants to meet you tonight," he finished, a sad note in his voice."What? I don't underst-" He was gone. Tara looked around, puzzled. "Someone wants to meet me?" she whispered to no one in particular. She pondered over it as she proceeded to go to her room and get ready for the post-performance ball.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment