Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Who Do You Love?

A short story about Love, Lies, and Murderers

Chapter 0 - Who Do You Love?

Chapter 0 - Who Do You Love?
It was a love that had been with her for about two and a half years now. She never told him about it, in fear that it might ruin something they didn't even have. She cried sometimes, before she went to sleep, angry at herself, telling herself "tomorrow, I'll tell him." But she never did. Every year, for his birthday, she got him a present, something sweet, and something he wanted. She always just left it anonymously at his front door. She dreamed of him at night telling her how he loved her in different romantic ways. She never thought it would end up like this.
 
January 2nd, 2007
There were three homicides reported in the news, done by the same man. They caught the man, but unfortunately it left a boy orphaned. The killings were a mother, a father, and the girl across the street from their house. The son of the mother and father survived just barely, with a bullet in his leg.
 
When they questioned the killer, they asked him why he left the boy alive.
 
"It's a game I've played every time I kill. I kill everyone in their family in front of them, then I tell them I'll let them live if they tell me the name of the person they love. He chose her."
 
The girl died with a smile on her face and tears coming out of her eyes. The killer, before he killed her, had told her that he chose her for the one he loved. It was the happiest moment of her life, and she was killed, right at its highest point.
 
Maybe it was a good thing she died.
 
When they asked the boy about it, he had such a guilty expression on his face, and he had a fit and it took a while to calm him down.
 
"It's not her. I didn't mean to chose her... I said her name so he wouldn't kill the girl I REALLY loved."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment