Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Hamburger Hut Gig

While Mr. Ernst's attending a rancher's convention in Anaheim, Buddy stays with his cousin Jake & finds that Jake has made something of himself.

Chapter 4 - Hamburger Hut Gig

Chapter 4 - Hamburger Hut Gig
Zooma Beach the day of the concert. That morning, Buddy, Jake, Scooter, Ned, Mike & Pebbles were setting up instruments & mikes outside Hamburger Hut's outdoor dining area. As Jake sets up his tympanis, Buddy arranges his drum set


JAKE: Buddy, go into the bass drum, I got my personal tape recorder in there.

BUDDY: You still have Jake's Guide to Life?


Jake nods. Buddy gets it out of his bass drum. Then he plays it.


"Jake's Guide to Life, entry #763. Uncle Ben & Buddy will be coming in from the Bar None. Wonder how Buddy would react to my new body & the super tubs? Jake's Guide to Life, entry #764."


Buddy stops the tape.

JAKE: I'm trusting you with that.

BUDDY: Sure.


Buddy leaves to enter the restaurant which is about to open. He spots Pebbles & the rest of the band relaxing, after setting up their instruments.


PEBBLES: Hi Buddy, hard work unloading the tubs & super tubs?

BUDDY: Yeah. You want to dine with me, my treat?

PEBBLES: Silly, I never eat before a concert, maybe afterwards.

Just then, they heard drumming. Buddy goes out to find that Jake is posing to that drum solo, played by a black bodybuilder. Buddy groaned over that, Jake stopped posing & told him to stop playing.

BUDDY: Another Speedo drummer?

DUDE: Watch it kid.

JAKE: Buddy, I want you to meet my friend, Amos Black. He trained me to have these muscles.

AMOS: And Jake Decker taught me to play the drums in exchange.

BUDDY: Oh brother! You two should go into hardware, Black & Decker.


They groaned @ that pun. Amos got off the drums & started posing while Jake accompanied on tympani. The owner spotted them.


OWNER: No musclebound hunks allowed at this establishment! You'll ruin business.

BUDDY: Sir, the guy on the tympani's in the band & the other's the roadie having sound check.

OWNER: Can't believe The Beach Dudes would have a musclebound drummer.

JAKE: Hey, it's my rock image!

OWNER: You guys are nothing but a Village People clone!

PEBBLES: Ahem!

OWNER: Sorry.

BUDDY: Sir, The Beach Dudes are an awesome band, despite my cousin He-Man.


That afternoon, the Beach Dudes put on a concert for anyone to listen. Besides doing Beach Boys standards, they also did some original songs Scooter wrote. And when Jake had the spotlight playing the tympani solo, girls went wild. Buddy sighed, went inside the restaurant, and into the men's room. When he went into a stall to do his business, he heard someone talking on a cell phone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment