Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Record Deal?

While Mr. Ernst's attending a rancher's convention in Anaheim, Buddy stays with his cousin Jake & finds that Jake has made something of himself.

Chapter 5 - Record Deal?

Chapter 5 - Record Deal?
A guy enters the men's room with his cell phone. Buddy's inside a stall, doing his business. He hears...



"Irving, this is Charlie! I'm @ the Hamburger Hut in Zooma Beach, I found a new band for our record label."



Buddy couldn't believe it, so he turned on Jake's mini tape recorder to record that conversation.



"Get this, they are the next Village People. No, they don't sing YMCA. They dress for the beach, oh yeah, there's a female in the band. She has a hot bikini. Then you got the skateboard dude on vocals/guitar, a guy in a wetsuit on lead guitar & drums, also a guy in trunks on bass. But the one who poses a threat is the He-Man in the Speedos who plays drums & tympani. Sure Charlie, I'll sign the band & tell them to screw muscle boy. We'll replace him with a studio drummer. Gotta go, bye."



When he left, Buddy stopped the recorder & get out of the stall. He couldn't believe what he heard.



Inside the restaurant, the band meets with Irving.



IRVING: Heard you guys rock. How would you like to have a record deal?



The band's excited while Irving get the contract out of his briefcase.



IRVING: Who's the leader? The skateboard dude?

SCOOTER: No way.

JAKE: I put this band together.

IRVING: I was afraid of that.



Buddy came over to find them with that sleaze bag.



BUDDY: Don't sign Jake!

PEBBLES: Stay out of this, dude ranch kid.

JAKE: Buddy, this is our big chance, not to mention mine.



Just as Jake was about to sign his friends away, Buddy got the tape recorder & played...



"Jake's Guide to Life, Entry #764."



Then they heard Irving's voice in that phone call. Irving got mad.



IRVING: Give me that, you punk!



Irving threatened Buddy & is about to lay a hand on him, until Jake grabbed him. When he heard the part of having him fired from the band for being too sexy, he punched the lights out of that guy.



SCOOTER: Major bad news, dude. Looks like the boy who saves the ranch also saved the band.



Pebbles comes over to Buddy & kisses him.



PEBBLES: How about we continue this conversation over @ the mall? I know a good movie & place to eat.



Buddy blushed & goes out with Pebbles on his dream date, while the band loads their instruments back on the van.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment