Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Be True to Your Cousin

While Mr. Ernst's attending a rancher's convention in Anaheim, Buddy stays with his cousin Jake & finds that Jake has made something of himself.

Chapter 6 - Be True to Your Cousin

Chapter 6 - Be True to Your Cousin
That night, Buddy returned back to Jake's house, after his mall date with Pebbles. He finds Jake in the basement drumming. When Jake saw him enter, he stopped drumming.



JAKE: So how did it go with Pebbles?

BUDDY: Awesome! We went to see Surf Ninjas, had a snack @ the Pretzel King and stopped @ Drumroll Music.



Buddy goes into his bag & digs up a pair of oak tympani mallets with green yarn.



JAKE: Cool, thanks!



He then tried them out playing a roll. Then Buddy also got him some sticks that have mallets on the other side. Jake then told Buddy to play his tape recorder. He hears,



"Jake's Guide to Life, entry #764. Always thought my cousin Buddy hated me because I'm smarter, stronger & more talented than he is. But when he also has is a good heart. He saved me from losing my band, thankfully they tore the contract up & arrested that sleaze bag. It's nice to have a cousin."



Jake shook Buddy's hand. When Wilma calls the boys up because Mr. Ernst is back from Anaheim.



WILMA: How did it go, brother?

MR. ERNST: OK. But I lost out on a door prize to a ranch located in Bandera, Texas.

BUDDY: What was the prize?

MR. ERNST: Dinner chimes.



Buddy went to his bag & there were some dinner chimes along with a mallet. Buddy played the horse racing fanfare.



MR. ERNST: Son, we run a ranch, not Churchill Downs. We're heading back to Arizona tomorrow.



Buddy & Mr. Ernst headed back to the Bar None Ranch back in Tuscon.



Months later, Mr. Ernst is greeted by a tall musclebound black guy.



MR. ERNST: Can I help you?
AMOS: You got a son named Buddy?



He looked @ Amos, fearing he was a bully. Buddy entered to hand dad some mail.



BUDDY: Hey Amos!

MR. ERNST: Amos? Buddy, run!

BUDDY: It's OK dad. This is Jake's personal trainer & friend. He also plays the tubs.

MR. ERNST: Are you staying @ the Bar None?

AMOS: Yes. Got a package for you Buddy.



Amos hands him the package & he opens it up. In it is a new CD released by The Beach Buds on Jaguar Records. Plus there's a video tape that had the sticker said PLAY ME.



Buddy goes to the office & plays that tape. He sees a music video of them doing a song called, "Be True To Your Buddy" that featured Jake on tympani. Jake dedicated that song to his cousin.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment