Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - TOF Songfic

 

Chapter 1 - TOF Songfic

Chapter 1 - TOF Songfic
I've been wanting to do a songfic for a while, and when I heard this song on the radio the other day I thought it was perfect. It does go along with my story, but I must warn you there are hints to things that may happen.

AKA **SPOILERS**

So if you don't want to know what happens, even if its nothing really specific, don't read it. (It wont be a spoiler anymore after about 3 chapters so its nothing like the end of the story or anything) Simple as that. The three characters it includes are Flight Angel, Blackbird, and Sage. (If you think about who it involves, that's a general hint about what its about )

I do not own the lyrics, and I have done everything to make sure they are correct. (Although if they're not please let me know!) The song Everything Changes is © to the artist Staind who I am forever greatful to, for without this song I would of never written this. And I highly suggest you listen to it while you read it so you get the full effect. A Twist of Fate and all of it's characters are completely © to me, so DONT steal them! I will make your life as miserable as possible (and so will all my friends!) Enjoy!

NOTE: The lyrics that go with the paragraph(s) are BELOW them.


Blackbird stood in the corner of his dreary box stall with rain pouring down the windowpane in blurry sheets. His mind wandered as the lightning tore the sky. Could it really be true? Could she be gone…forever?
A single, warm tear rolled down his cheek. The last memory she ever had of him was on that fateful afternoon a few weeks ago. He had been covered in the victims blood, his eyes full of rage as he snapped at her worried face. He shuddered. How could he think that she could still have feelings for him, that she still cared? Could he of been her last thought before she perished?


If you just walked away
What could I really say?
Would it matter anyway?
Would it change how you feel?


Thousands of miles away, Flight Angel tilted her golden head towards the stars. Could he, the one she truly loved be looking for her in the expanse of loveliness? She thought tenderly of his warm, gentle face in the pasture where they had spoke for hours of love and happiness. It was true, that anger had finally overtook him, and that her mind spun through the events hour after hour like a broken record. Would the pain inside her ever subside? Was it true that she forgave him?


I am the mess you chose
The closet you can not close
The devil in you I suppose
Cause the wounds never heal


Blackbird turned his face from the brilliant flashes of light. How in his heavy heart, he wished he could take back everything. Maybe then, she would still be alive, and her heart would be pure of the evil that shone from him so brilliantly in the past. Since that moment, he could not bring himself to have emotion, to feel in even the least. But maybe, just maybe if she stood here beside him in her lifeless stall, then he could forgive himself.


But everything changes if I could
turn back the years, if you could
learn to forgive me then I could
learn to feel


Flight Angel's heart stung with pain. She thought fondly of the evening they had spent together, not long after his arrival. His beautiful black form had stood strong, like a silhouette in the sunset. She remembered his gentle nuzzling, the conflicting feelings they both had been too afraid to share with each other, until then. But so long ago, could she trust that this, that he was expressing the truth? That what they shared, was real?


Sometimes the things I say
in moments of disarray
succumbing to the games we play
to make sure that it's real


Standing far below her within the safety of the valley, another glimpsed the conflict that rose within her. Sage too, had felt his share of despair, and his heart ached at the thought of it. His mare, a beautiful appaloosa had shone to him brighter than the evening stars. She had been everything to him, his lovely beacon in the darkest of nights. But because of him, she had perished in a burning wall of flame. If only he could go back, and save her on that night, he could be complete again…


But everything changes if I could
turn back the years, if you could
learn to forgive me then I could
learn to feel


With shame he turned his head, but then slowly looked upon the beautiful, golden filly once again. Her eyes glinted a perfect, soft blue in the moonlight, and in his secret heart he knew they were the same shade of blue as his fallen beloved. This could be his second chance, his moment to make up for everything he had lost. If only, oh if only, he could gain her trust. If she could help him forgive himself.


When it's just me and you
who knows what we could do
if we can just make it through
the toughest part of the day


Could it be true that he was falling in love with her? Inside, he felt guilty for loving another, but this filly left him completely breathless. Could she be even more beautiful than Windrunner? Sadly, her figure to him these days was growing blurry. But beneath his stoic front, he did not let it show.

If only she would say that she felt for him too, his heart could replace the pieces it lost. If only she'd say that she'd stay with him, that she wanted to stand by his side. A gust of wind caressed his face, and at that moment he felt unstoppable. Like together with her, he could once again conquer the world just as he had when his love was young. But he knew, that as she looked at the stars, her heart ached just as his did for another. In his heart he knew, that if he cared for her, he would have to let her make her own choices.


Everything changes if I could
turn back the years if you could
learn to forgive me then I could
learn how to feel, then we could
stay here together and we could
conquer the world if we could
say that forever is more then just a word


Sage knew that the day would come eventually when she would have to make this decision. He would let her ultimately decide, but was there any way he could convince her that he would never hurt her? That he would protect her with his very life?

Could he say anything to make her stay with him? Anything at all to help him complete himself, and repair the wounds she was obviously struggling with? Could he help her fight herself, and lap up the sorrow that filled her perfect heart?

Slowly she caught his gaze as the moon settled above them for a night of tranquility. He wanted to hide from her that he had been staring, but for whatever reason he could not look away from her stricken eyes. At that moment he knew everything. Everything about her, everything she felt, and it ripped at his very soul like lightning splitting a passive sky. Maybe he could not change her, maybe she didn't want to be.

Slowly she picked her way down the hillside, and his eyes followed her graceful movements. She stopped before him, her eyes glittering, and in a burst of sympathy he wrapped his neck around hers, just as he had when he had first seen her in the creek bed. Gently she pushed her head under his sweet smelling mane and sighed.

Was this what being untamed was all about? Could she ever return to confront her past, and the past of her lover? Slowly she pulled away once again, and stared into the wild stallions, flashing brown eyes. Could she ever repay him for his kindness towards her? For his acceptance of her origin, and for the love she felt in his eyes that guiltily she felt stir in her own?

As he flashed a brilliant smile at her, a smile that reflected itself in her memory, her mind wandered. Where did she truly belong?


If you just walked away
What could I really say?
Would it matter anyway?
It wouldn't change how you feel?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

spiritrain on November 3, 2006, 9:39:33 AM

spiritrain on
spiritrainWOW!!! Love it! Nice song, too. I love Staind!

HarvestHorse101 on November 1, 2006, 6:01:23 AM

HarvestHorse101 on
HarvestHorse101WOW!!!