Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Story

Another story I had to do for my english class, a difference in I told it from first person view, and also it doesnt have anything inappropiate.

Chapter 1 - Story

Chapter 1 - Story


Camping Trip



Sometime ago, me and my friends, Vash, Brooke, and Nikki went to a nearby camping location. Once there we noticed that the sun had almost gone down since we began are trip early that morning. “Hey Dante, it's gonna get dark soon.” Vash told me. I nodded and slung my pack off my back and set it on the ground. I then opened it and pulled out some various camping supplies and some firewood. I looked up to see Vash unloading his pack as well, pulling out the things he had brought and part of the tent we decided to bring along. Nikki and Brooke both emptied their packs and Vash joined in helping them pitch the tent. “Vash, I'm gonna go get some more firewood.” I said to him. Vash blinked for a moment and turned to me. “We already got plenty of firewood, Dante.” He assured me, pointing to the three logs I had brought. “Dude, we're gonna need more than that if we plan to stay out here a few days.” I said back to him. “Want me to come with you?” Brooke asked me. I looked at her and smiled a little, then shrugged.”I think you should stay here and help Vash and Nikki set up the tent, afterward make a fire and keep yourselves warm, I'll be back soon.” I said to them confidently. Brooke looked like she didn't believe me, but remained at the campsite we were currently in the process of establishing. “Right, well hurry up man, it's gonna real cold, real fast.” Vash warned me. I looked at him and chuckled. “Come on man, you know the cold doesn't bother me, besides I should be back way before it gets that dark, I'll see ya guys soon.” And with that, I took off into the forest, only to turn right back around. “Heh, forgot the axe.” I said blushing slightly. Vash laughed and grinned at me. “Nice, wait your gonna chop down a tree?” He questioned me. I blinked and shook my head slowly. “No, I'm just gonna use it to chop off thick branches and stuff.” I said to him, then chuckled as I looked down at the fairly rusted old steel axe. “Besides, like I could chop down any trees with this piece of crap.” I said to them. Vash nodded. “Yeah, that's true, where did you get that thing anyway?” He said. “Uh, in my shed.” I told him, then suddenly feeling a slight shiver run down my spine as I felt an icy breeze pass through. “Alright, I'm gonna go get that firewood now.” I said to them as I turned and headed back into the forest.



“I wonder how he's gonna get back.” Vash thought aloud. Both Brooke and Nikki glared at Vash for a few moments. “Uh, what? I was just wondering how he was going to get back, does he have a compass or something?” Vash asked the two girls. “It wouldn't matter anyway, Dante doesn't know how to use a compass.” Brooke said. Nikki's eyes widened as she looked over at Brooke. “Are you serious? He doesn't know how to read a compass?” She asked, quite surprised. “I asked him once if he knew how, and all he told me was that the needle always points north, but he couldn't tell which way north was since the needle was pointed on both ends, I tried to show him but he just said “meh” and walked off.” Brooke replied. Nikki nodded. “That sounds like something Dante would do.” She said.



As I made my way deeper and deeper into the forest, cutting down thick branches and picking up any that had fallen, I noticed that it had gotten dark very quickly. I looked around hoping to see something familiar in the path I had taken so far and did, trees, lots of trees, all of them looking the same. “Oh..that's just perfect.” I said aloud sarcastically to myself. I shivered again, feeling another cold wind blow. I hugged the dark blue over shirt I had on close, trying to warm myself up, though to no avail as a colder wind blew by. I looked around again hoping to find something that would let me know where I was, but all I saw was trees, trees, and more trees. I refused to believe that I had actually gotten myself lost, but the more I surveyed the area around me, the more it looked that way. “Oh crap, figures this would happen to me.” I said aloud again, my hands starting to shake as the air around me grew colder. I started walking in what I thought was the direction back towards the camp, though in the back of my mind I was thinking that the further I walked, the farther away from the camp I got, no matter what direction I went. “Great, how you gonna get yourself out of this one, Dante?” I asked myself, hoping that answer might pop into my head, when it suddenly did. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small object. “Hmm, this might work.”



“Why isn't Dante back yet?” Brooke asked, stopping her pacing to turn to Vash and Nikki. “How should I know?, he probably got himself lost.” Vash said, making random symbols in the soft dirt with a stick. He looked up at Brooke to find her glaring at him again. “Uh, I mean he's not lost, I'm sure he'll be back any minute now.” Vash said to her trying to stop her glaring. “Yeah, Vash is probably right.” Nikki said, only to have Brooke turn and glare at her. “I mean about him coming back any minute.” Nikki clarified her comment, also trying to stop Brooke from glaring at her and to just calm her down. “I hope so.” Brooke said quietly looking up at the sky. “Ow, what the?” Vash said feeling something hard hit him in the back of the head, immediately thinking it was a rock. I grinned as I saw Vash turn around and his eyes widen seeing me standing there, leaning against a tree. “Dude!, your back!” Vash said loudly. Both Brooke and Nikki ran over to me and Brooke practically hug-tackled me. I smiled and hugged her back. “So Dante, what took you so long?” Nikki asked. I blinked and then chuckled lightly. “Well, quite honestly, I got lost.” I said blushing somewhat. “Ha, I knew it, told you guys he got lost.” Vash said in a boasting tone. “Right, well how did you get back?” Nikki asked again. “Heh.” I reached into my pocket and pulled out the small object from earlier. Vash's jaw dropped as he looked at it. “Your kidding me.” He said. I shook my head. “Nope, compass.” I said as I tossed the compass into the air and caught it. “I thought you didn't know how to read a compass.” Brooke said. I blinked and smiled at her.” I don't.” I said still smiling. “Uh huh, well do you have any idea what time it is?” Vash asked me. I nodded and replied. “Actually I do, it's 11:14 pm.” “Well I'm going to bed, good night guys.” Nikki said heading toward the tent and crawling into it. “Night Nikki.” I said to her. “I'm going to bed too, good night Dante, night Vash.” Brooke said, heading into the tent as well. “Night Brooke.” I said to her too. “Right, well guess we better crash too.” Vash said to me. I nodded and grabbed my sleeping bag from my pack and unwrapped it. “Man, this sucks, why do we have sleep out here, why can't we sleep in the tent?” I asked Vash as I made myself comfortable. “Dude, you know why.” Vash said to me as he set his sleeping bag up. “Oh right.” I said back to him and chuckled. “Yeah, night Dante.” “G'night Vash.” And with that, the first day was over.



“WAKE UP MAN!!” I suddenly heard screamed right into my ear and quickly sitting up. “Huh?, what?” I said looking around and rubbing my eyes. I looked up to see Vash standing over me. “Come on you lazy bum, its 11:30, get up cause we're going fishing today. “Oh yeah, I forgot.” I said as pulled myself out of my sleeping bag and stood up, a little drowsy having just woken up. “Where's Brooke and Nikki?” I asked Vash, looking around again. “They're already down at the lake fishing, so get your butt up and let's go.” Vash said immediately taking off and heading down towards the lake nearby.”Wait up dude.” I said as I grabbed my fishing rod and took off after him. After a few hours of fishing we went back to the campsite and cooked our fish, me and Vash accidentally burning ours. The rest of the night we spent telling each other ghost stories we had heard, none of which were actually scary, but Vash's story about the ghost with no head and 4 arms that went around dropping ice cubes into people pants and whispering weird noises into their ears was pretty funny. After that we all went to sleep and headed back to our homes in the morning.




Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dante_Fydoe on March 28, 2006, 6:53:18 AM

Dante_Fydoe on
Dante_FydoeYes..good times..good times..O.o..anyway..I had to do this story for my english class, the usual..I'll comment on what grade I got on it when I find out..I apoligize if it sucked or nothing exciting happened..There were some guidelines that to be followed when writing this story and I couldn't go all out on it like I normally do.