Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Intoduction to life

The story of my original Balto wolf character Achak and how he grew up to be the wolf he is now.

Chapter 1 - Intoduction to life

Chapter 1 - Intoduction to life
A Wolf's Story
Draco

        Nome, Alaska, 1925. A place where, if you don't learn how to survive, you will soon
die in the harsh arctic wilderness. Though in the case of one pack of creatures, a wolf pack, there is new life about to enter the world.

        In a cave located on a cliff, far from the borders of the town, the wolf pack all gathered around the main cave of their alphas. They eagerly awaited the birth of their alpha female Olathe's pups. Their head alpha, Cheveyo, a huge black wolf was pacing anxiously, and nervously outside the entrance in front of them. His midnight black fur glistened in the early morning sun, and his bright amber eyes skimmed wildly across the rocky surface of the cliff. All heads suddenly turn to the cave as a glorious noise filled the cool morning air. The sound of puppies crying within the cave. Sniffing the air, Cheveyo, curious and anxious to see his mate and their new pups, entered the cave slowly. In the dim light that managed to get into the cave, the alpha wolf could make out the figure of Olathe on the large bed of hay and leaves near the back. Black tail wagging gently in greeting, Cheveyo ventured closer to the nest. As he did, he could now see the small figures of the three new born pups curled up at their mother's stomach, suckling. Ears going erect, the large black wolf studied his new offspring. After a few moments, a smile stretched across his dark face. He lowered his head to lick his mate's face, noting the tired look in her blue eyes.
Olathe was a beautiful silver colored wolf. She was gentle and wise, the other members of the pack often came to her for advise. Yet as an alpha, she was still dominant when she had to be, putting her authority first when needed. And when the pack was out hunting, she was graceful and swift as she ran beside Cheveyo, her mate.
After giving Olathe a kiss, Cheveyo looked back down to study his pups. Two were the silver color of their mother, one with black tips. But the pup that caught the male's attention was the one in the middle. It's fur was a deep black and, down it's spine, there was a silver stripe that ran from it's forehead to the tip of it's tail. It's nose was also slightly striped in silver. Since their eyes were still closed, it would be a few days before the parents would see what color the pups eyes were.
``Two boys and one girl…'' Cheveyo's head turned back to the female at her statement. She just looked back at him, smiling, her blue eyes seeming to sparkle, even in the dim light.
        ``Have you named them…?'' The alpha's deep voice resounded on the rock walls of the cave. Olathe lowered her head to point to each pup with her nose. Nudging the all silver one, she gave it a brief lick.
`` This is Ayashi, your daughter...'' Moving to the opposite end to the darker silver and black pup, ``Takoda, your son…'' And, with a smile, the female moved to the middle, black pup. ``…Achak. After his father.'' Achak…name meaning `spirit'. The alpha male's name meant `spirit warrior'. At hearing the name, Cheveyo smiled gently, and lowered his gaze to his son.

``Achak…Yes. Our little spirit.''

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

darkwolfluv55 on September 29, 2008, 12:01:55 PM

darkwolfluv55 on
darkwolfluv55XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD so cute!

stuborn_pisces on April 23, 2006, 2:58:21 AM

stuborn_pisces on
stuborn_piscesaww how cute! i love achick/kiona so much

dragon_ally on April 9, 2006, 12:48:28 AM

dragon_ally on
dragon_allyI've finally found the time to read your ultra wonderful story!!!
Great characterization and imagery. I would comment more, but I gots to read the second chapter XD

VahnTheWhiteDragon on February 7, 2006, 3:09:25 AM

VahnTheWhiteDragon on
VahnTheWhiteDragonAWWW wolf puppys!! i hope you write more this is really good!! now i have to do mine. ^^V 100 outta 10