Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Begining

Merachi may have been born only 16 years ago, but she has more secrets then anyone could guess. When she meets the X-Men How will her life, and theirs Change? And above all else, why do the secrets of her past reach back to ancient Greece?

Chapter 1 - The Begining

Chapter 1 - The Begining


Hi! *Waves to readers* Um… yeah this general plot is SO overused. Please don't kill me though!



Yeah any way Disclaimers this: No matter HOW MUCH I want to, I don't own X-men or X-men Evolution. I DO however own my OC's that appear. This disclaimer applies to the rest of the story!



“Telepathy”

/Thoughts/

“Normal speech”

&'s indicate change of scene



And onto the prologue…





?????????????????????????



Two vivid green eyes seemed to float in an endless black void. As you look at the eyes a face fades into focus around them. Tanned skin and Asian features form around the oddly round eyes; warm brown hair appears, seemingly self-cut. The face is panicked. Footsteps run by shout of “Find those girls they can't escape. If you let them go I will shoot you personally,” drove the feet faster.



“Phoenix.” The word barely left her lips, when a ghostly girl melted out of the shadows her piercing and yet calm crimson gaze met the wild and scared green one.



“This way, Chimera.” The ghostly phoenix reached for the shaking hand and grasped it. Gently tugging on her friends hand, Phoenix lead the frightened chimera girl-child though a shadowy maze that should not have existed but seemed to spring out of the very being of the calm phoenix.



But something had gone wrong; when the two finally reached the exist of the maze guards were waiting for them. A deafening shot rang out the pale girl fell, and as she fell flames surrounded her, engulfing the body and freeing the soul into the midnight air.



Upon seeing her friend fall Chimera became her namesake the fire-breathing beast of Greek myth with the head of a goat, body of a lion, and the wings and tail of dragon. The guards tried to stop her, and more shots rang out. Yet the deadly bullets never touched her for she had summoned a force field. She roared and blood spurted from the guards as she released her most devastating power, she allowed it to open their scars long ago healed, and recreating wounds that left no mark.



The flames of sixteen candles were snuffed out, obliterated, and the candles smashed, from the rage of the last Chimera.



With the guards no more the girl's rage was quelled. Now before her were the ashes of the phoenix and her transparent and intangible soul.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



Merachi sat stark upright breathing heavily. If someone else saw the dream - no memory - she had just lived in her sleep they might notice that Merachi looked much like the chimera girl-child of her dreams. In fact if one were to think about it they were the same - merely the age and the hair differed.



“Five years and I still can't forget that night. I gained my freedom but lost my friend.”



“You didn't loose me merely my solid form.”



“Nevada, Phoenix. You're still with me,” Merachi started playing with a card, drawn on it was the phoenix as if she had aged. “But I was referring to my brother and friend, Samson.” Another card appeared on it was depicted a copper haired boy surrounded by energy.



“That was unfortunate that he was caught so soon in our escape, but we will find him. On another subject, Merachi Johansson, what do you think of your parents research?”



“I hope they succeed it's a great idea and might prove to the world that most mutants only want peace. Did you see the number of volunteers? There was more than they could ever dream!”



“Hmm yes I saw. Are you excited about moving to assist the research?”



“Very. But then you probly already new that.” Merachi grinned.



“Go back to sleep you'll need it. I'll fend off those nasty nightmares for you.”



“Thank you.”




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment