Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Miss Merachi Johansson

Merachi may have been born only 16 years ago, but she has more secrets then anyone could guess. When she meets the X-Men How will her life, and theirs Change? And above all else, why do the secrets of her past reach back to ancient Greece?

Chapter 2 - Miss Merachi Johansson

Chapter 2 - Miss Merachi Johansson


Okay! Second chappie!!! The prologue (first chapter) was merely a hook. This'll be less dark and more…hmm…bright? *Sighs* oh well. Hope you enjoy!



This chappie is going to start at school. Figured you might want to know.



Onward!





?????????????????



The computer sciences teacher was fuming at the interruption. “Miss Johansson you're late.” He scowled at the girl.



“I apologize sir, but,”



“No excuses.” He bit out. Turning to the other students he started to speak, “Class it seems we have a new student, Miss Merachi Johansson, Miss Johan-“



The girl's vibrant green eyes flashed dangerously. She managed due to some miracle to suppress a terrifying growl as she shot out, “Sir, it was not an excuse, it was a reason. Principle Darkholme wished to speak to me, here's the note.



“And let me guess you were going to tell me to sit in the only free seat. Save your breath.” With that she sat heavily into the seat next to Kitty Pryde and started the assignment on the overhead.



“Miss Johansson your attitude is going to get you a detention.” The teacher spat.



She snorted. “What that little spiel? That, sir, was justified annoyance, what you have is an attitude.” The teacher and pupil had a battle of wills - well actually glares - for mere seconds before Merachi snorted. “Yeesh, but I sure get an attitude when I'm annoyed.”



By this point the class had labeled her crazy. Actually they had labeled her crazy when she first intoned her “little spiel”, but presented with further evidence there was no scruples about saying that she should be sent to the psych ward…immediately. After all she had just gripped at one of the school's most infamous teachers, told said teacher that he had an attitude and that she was merely annoyed, and admitted that she gets an attitude when annoyed; which could be translated to “you irritate me”. Yes, indeed, the new student was crazy.



&&&&&&&&&&&&



“Jean, the new girl is, like, totally insane!” Kitty and Jean were talking as they walked to their next class.



“Are you sure about that?” Jean queried.



Positive. I swear, like, the only reason she wasn't given a D hall was `cause Mr. Lawson, like, came to the same - ouf,” Kitty was cut off when she bumped into another student, specifically Merachi Johansson.



“Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't see you!” Jean took this as an opportunity to study her. She had dark reddish brown hair that looked as if it had was been a very short boyish cut, but was now long enough to hang close to her jaw line. Her bangs dangled in front of her eyes. Said eyes were large and round, child-like almost, but something in them told Jean that she had seen far to much for her own liking. The rest of Merachi's features were distinctly oriental; a short slim build, round face, small hands, feet, and waist. She wore a lavender faux turtleneck and cropped kakis both of which seemed almost too large for the girl.



Kitty smiled politely “No problem. Are you, like, alright?”



“Yeah. Uh…Kitty Pryde Right?”



“Yeah.”



“OK. I guess I want to apologize for freaking you out during computer sciences. I've been home schooled for as long as I can remember and…uh… just the way he was treating me got on my nerves.”



“Oh. Well you ought to, like, know that talking back to Mr. Lawson is sorta considered, like, crazy.”



Merachi grinned, “That would explain all the weird looks I've been getting.” Kitty grinned too. “So who's your friend?”



“Oh! This Jean Grey,” Kitty took a quick look around. “Wow that was, like, fast. Well this is our class we got to, like, leave now.”



“Wait this is my next class too!”



“That is, like to cool!” Kitty squealed.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



“So you know Japanese?” Jean asked for clarification.



“Hmm-hmm, learned it when I was five, I think.”



“Wow that must've been, like, so cool, traveling the world and stuff.”



“Not really. I mean my guardians at the time were completely obsessed with mythical animals so I never actually was able to go sight seeing. But I got to admit; learning all those languages and dialects was fun. And the best part is that I'm still a quick learner of accents and stuff.”



“I've got, like, another question, if you already know Japanese why are you taking it?”



Merachi grinned, “Just to annoy the teacher and show of, well that, and there isn't any German or Russian classes. I still have trouble with those.”



Jean looked thoughtful for a bit, “Hey, Merachi, why were you're last guardians so interested in mythical beings?”



“Has to do with certain creatures appearing in myths from nearly all ancient cultures. Particularly dragons, phoenixes, and vampires.”



Kitty and Jean looked at each other, “Vampires?”



“Well, They're more modern but they're there.”



Kitty shook her head, “Girl your life is, like, so strange.”



“I know. That's one of the top three reasons I prefer the Johansson's.” She grinned again.



“Girl you, like, grin a lot.”



Merachi closed her eyes and nodded, “Hmm-Hmm.” Unfortunately since her eyes were closed she didn't notice the group of boys that was in her path until she ran into one. “God, I'm such a klutz today.”



“Watch it newby.” Then he tried to kick her while she was sitting, and to everyone's surprise she rolled out of the way and got up just in time.



Brushing herself off she said, “Ya know it's not nice to hit someone when they're down.”



“Well you're not down now.” He sneered before he threw a punch, which she sidestepped.



“Excuse me I need to go home. I sincerely hope you don't mind me not fighting you.” She smiled then, in a sweet disarming way that shocked the boy. She took the chance to walk around him and the mess that would've ensued otherwise.



The two other girls caught up hurriedly. “You alright? That looked like quite the punch.”



“Fine.”



“You sure your left hand is, like, bleeding.”



Merachi glanced at her hand for a split second eyes wide. “I gotta go.” Then she ran off.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment