Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - More about Merachi

Merachi may have been born only 16 years ago, but she has more secrets then anyone could guess. When she meets the X-Men How will her life, and theirs Change? And above all else, why do the secrets of her past reach back to ancient Greece?

Chapter 3 - More about Merachi

Chapter 3 - More about Merachi


Okay third chapter. Hope you like it!



Oh! I think I'm going to dedicate the rest of the fic to Godofflight my faithful - and apparently only - reviewer. Uh I apologize too. Holidays, relaxing, and my forgetfulness tends to cause lack of updates…





??????????????????



“Hello I'm Paula Richner for CNN news. Reports of a strange creature have occurred throughout the Bayville, New York area. The creature was described as having a goat's head, a lion-like body, a reptilian tail, and strangest of all bat like wings. It was first spotted at about three fifteen in the afternoon. Witnesses claim that it was flying northwest and seemed panicked…” ~*Click*~



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



“Hey! Merachi! Is your hand better?” Jean caught up with the other girl quickly.



“Yeah, it's not bleeding anymore. I'm still trying to figure out how it happened though.” She turned her hand several times then pointed to her fingers, “My nails aren't longer enough to have done that, and I didn't catch the punch. Anyway, the bleeding wasn't that bad. I just got unnerved by it.”



“I'm glad it wasn't as serious as it looked. Kitty will be glad to hear that. Oh! And she wanted you to meet a friend of ours.”



“Really? Who?” /This'll be interesting/



“Her names Rogue. There they are now.” Jean waved to the other girls eagerly and walked up to them.



“Hey Merachi, Jean!” Kitty shouted as the two approached.



Merachi nodded to Kitty and then turned to Rogue, “Hi. Uh Jean told me that Kitty wanted to introduce us...for some reason.”



“Kitty said that Ah'd like ya, Ah'm not dissin' her or nothing but Ah wanted to see for myself…sometimes people just don't…” she trailed off.



“Have the full unabridged story?”



“Yeah.” Rogue looked slightly surprised, “Ya know what maybe mah skepticism was misplaced, but don't expect instant friend ship got that?””



“Yeah I got, and who knows? But I got to ask you, that subtle prankster vibe I'm getting off you, is that you or the clothes?”



“Meh.”



“Cool.”



And that's when the jocks from the day before decided to show up. The head jock stepped forward, “I hope I'm not interrupting any conversations, ladies.”



“Bullshoot. You just want to see I had the right to walk away from a fight. I'll tell you this, I could kick your pathetic @$$ from here to Beijing the long way!”



“Where the heck's Beijing?”



Northern China, it's the capitol. And GOD I thought that `stupid jock' was just a stereotype! Oh wait a second I was raised by Vermont standards!”



“Vermont?”



“Yee-eesh, you don't even know where Vermont is? It's right across this lake that's supposed to be really good for ice fishing in the winter, lot of camps on the islands, Lake Champlain?” No answer came from his mouth. “You know what? Your stupidity is going to save you a bit hassle; I'm not going to torture you after all. I'll just nock you out nice `n' quick to save you from your stupid self.” With that, she let loose a right hook and a sickening wet crunch was heard as her fist connected. “Oh dear I broke your nose. Ahem, boys I think your teammate needs to see the nurse, and I really don't want his bloody snot all over these clothes.” The others - for their part - seemed to have enough collected brain cells to realize that what she had just said was as much a threat as a statement and hastily started to drag their leader to the nurse's office.



Kitty and Jean just stared at her. Rogue smiled, “Girl Ah think Ah'm really gonnah lahke ya after all.”



“It was nothing, besides the only reason I didn't do that yesterday was `cause my parents said if I got into a fight the first day they would shut down the Internet connection and take away all my games.”



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



“Ok class, yesterday I told you to watch the news or read a news paper.” He smiled maliciously, “Who can tell me of a local event, a national event, and a world event.” Several students raised theirs hands. “Jenna.”



“Several mutants, with healing powers were brought to Africa to help with the AIDS problem. Even though the locals were thankful for any assistance they could get, the World Health Organization's people were wary, in my opinion, for good reason. In national news the mutant registration law has not passed yet. Locally there's been some sightings of goat headed lion with a reptilian tail and bat-like wings. Probably was one of those muties.”



“You clearly watched the news, but I'm only giving you partial credit. I've told all of you that when you report on events that I want an unbiased account. Merachi.”



“I have some interesting news. Two scientist have made large breakthroughs in regards to the whole mutant question. The two of them are studying how to restrain mutant abilities - for the sake of the public and to allow the mutants to live normal lives. One of these breakthroughs is how they discovered how certain powers need different restraints - they can make restraints for several powers at this point, and are developing more.”



“I saw an interview with the scientist and find their work a strong measure against harm to anyone. I'm impressed that you knew about their labor. And good job keeping your report unbiased by mentioning how it would be good news for numerous points of view.”



“Brown-noser.”



Merachi just ignored it - after all she only did the assignment - and continued doing the in class work the teacher had given them.



“Now I'm going to refer back to Jenna's local news. Since we had a myth unit does anyone know what Greek myth beast has a similar portrayal?” Five peoples hands were raised. “Alright, Rogue.”



“A chimera.”



“Elaborate.”



“The chimera of Greece is part goat, part lion, and part snake or dragon. Ah think the head and body was switched though.”



“Very good, and your partially right. There were many ways to describe a Greek Chimera. One of then is as you said; the head and body belonged to the opposite animal in this modern account. Now who can name the hero who defeated the chimera?”



“Was it Bellerophon?”



“Kudos. That's the answer Merachi.”



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



/Something about Merachi is strange and yet familiar. It's almost as if part of her isn't…well, HER. As if she has another full psyche in her head…/

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment