Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Bowling and revelations

Merachi may have been born only 16 years ago, but she has more secrets then anyone could guess. When she meets the X-Men How will her life, and theirs Change? And above all else, why do the secrets of her past reach back to ancient Greece?

Chapter 4 - Bowling and revelations

Chapter 4 - Bowling and revelations


Hey!! Just so everyone knows I edited the other chapters.



This is the fourth chapter. I hope you like it!



??????????????



It was the week after Merachi met Rogue, and she was enjoying the prospect of sleeping in. That is until a voice tickled the back of her mind, “Merachi wake up. Mera? Merachi get your lazy @$$ in gear NOW! Wake uh-up!”



“Uh…I'm awake I'm awake.”



“Good. You were going to be late.”



/Gah… does she ever look at the calendar?/



“I do actually you twit. And I wasn't referring to school!!”



“Mom! What's today?”



“Mera, sweetie, it's Saturday. What are you doing up, it's only seven?”



“My alarm went of.”



“Oh…I'm just your alarm now? Humph. Then I guess I won't remind you the you're going bowling with those girls.”



Merachi look confused for a minute, then she remembered how Jean and the other girls had driven her home and asked her to join them for some bowling the next day. “Oh! Mom I'm going to look around town! Be back `round two.” She said in one breath while hoping around her room and getting dressed. She ran down the mahogany stairs and glanced at her wrist “Ah! My watch!”



“Here it is. Now don't get into any fights.”



“Don't worry I won't instigate anything.”



“Good, now have a pleasant day.” Mrs. Johansson waved her adopted daughter out the door. Stepping outside Merachi was left to gape as her friends pulled up in a cherry red convertible with white stripes.



“Please tell that is merely being bored and that, that, that thing isn't any of yours.”



“Huh?” Merachi's friends asked eloquently.



“It's…so…red…and…bubblegum-y-ish,” She scrunched up her nose, “That wasn't a word.”



Rogue spoke, “you're raht ah never noticed dat before. And don't worry it's Jean's boyfriend's.”



“Thank goodness. Let's go then!” Merachi suddenly dropped all of the horror and confusion she had towards the car and replaced it with sheer giddiness. “I've never been bowling before, so this will be really great!”



“Wait, you've never, like, been bowling. You are so, like, deprived.”



“Yep! I thought we established that Wednesday…or was it Tuesday?”



“Wednesday.”



“Kay! Well this is going to be really great! I all ready said that didn't I?”



Three pairs of eyes rolled simultaneously.



&&&&&&&&&&&&&



“Another strahke! Gal how do ya do thaht?”



“No-o clue. I just…well...did what you guys told me to.” Merachi was grinning, giddy, and sugar high. After all she was apparently a very fast learner.



“Must be beginner's luck,” said the slightly shocked Jean, after all the competitive older teen was just beaten by a girl who never bowled before. “Hey who's up for lunch? I'll buy.”



“Ooh, ooh, I'll have fries and a hot dog!” Merachi nearly yelled. “Oops to loud.”



“Ah'll have a chilli dawg.”



“Um, like, a salad.” Armed with her friends' requests, Jean nodded and went to order the food. As she left a group of boys that was a few lanes over approached.



“You know what I can't get, why a nice human girl like you is hanging out with these filthy muties. How come you don't come with us, hmm?”



Nearly before he finished his last sentence a familiar voice of her deceased friend echoed through her head, “They're just trying to get in your pants. Say no, Mera.” Merachi let out a snort. “Nah, I think I'll stay with the girls, besides I'm not one to correlate with narcissistic, hidebound, impious, twits.(1)” The boys stared at her in shock. Merachi, taking this moment and exploiting started to broadcast her thoughts /I hope one of you is a telepath. We need to get out of here, NOW. Once these boys realized that I rejected and insulted them we only have so much time before they start a REAL fight. And I promised my mom no fights./



Jean relayed the message to Rogue and Kitty. Then told them to get all of their stuff - shoes and so on - and get to the car. Meanwhile the boys realized the gist of the fancy words that Merachi had said. Enraged, they circled her; allowing Rogue and Kitty a free path to the car (after they dropped off their bowling shoes of course). Merachi backed up slowly until she bumped into the counter that separated the lobby from the bowling area. Easing off the rented shoes she rolled over the counter and kicked a shoe at the idiots. As she ran for the door she took off her socks so they wouldn't get torn up on the pavement outside. Merachi came to the convertible just as it pulled out of the parking lot. Making on last lunge she dove into the car panting. After she caught her breath she grinned, “That was fun - dangerous - but fun!”



“Gal, your insane.”



“I seem to get that a lot. I blame that on my open-mind, and lack of outside influence.” She still had that grin plastered on her face. “So…you're mutants. That means I can add to the summary of my life I told. I'm an esper and a mutant. You see apparently I can shape-shift naturally even when my X-gene was dormant. Then when my X-gene developed I discovered that I can make force fields and I can anti-heal.”



Kitty and Rogue stared at her (Jean would also but she driving the car). Then Kitty spoke, “So you, like, lied to us.”



“I didn't actually lie. I left things out cause my whole story would cause even the most liberal person to at least faint - if not have a heart attack. The Johansson's didn't learn the entire, complete, unabridged story until last year. It's easier on people's mind's if they learn it slowly and bit by bit - less likely to go insane.”



“Ah believe ya. Ah absorb mem'ries and lahfeforces. It's awf'ly hard ta stay sane.”



“Now that we got that settled which one of ya is the telepath?”



“Jean,” the two other passengers said.



“Kay. Hey, Kitty what's your power?”



“I can become intangible, like, I go through stuff.”



“That is so cool.” A comfortable silence fell. When they approached Merachi's house the shape-shifter peep up, “You three really have to meet my parents you'd get along really well.”



“We'd love to, Merachi, but, well, we need to go back. But maybe tomorrow you and your parents can come over to the mansion?”



Merachi's face split into her customary grin, “That sounds great I'll talk to them `bout that. Well either way see you tomorrow.” She walked to the house, waving good-bye before going in.



?????????????????????????



(1) Basically she said they were pig-headed, horny, and prejudice.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment