Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Demitasse and Poker anyone?

Merachi may have been born only 16 years ago, but she has more secrets then anyone could guess. When she meets the X-Men How will her life, and theirs Change? And above all else, why do the secrets of her past reach back to ancient Greece?

Chapter 5 - Demitasse and Poker anyone?

Chapter 5 - Demitasse and Poker anyone?


Hiya! I FINALLY caught up in my Homework, and dragged my muse back from it's vacation, sorry it took so long. I'll warn you now; the first part of this chapter is Merachi IMing Kitty, Jean, and Rogue. Oh! Fergot to mention this earlier but it's post apocalypse and Gambit's with the X-men now.



Spell thanks to Crazed Fuzzle for the constructive criticism, I'll listen to Microsoft Word more *winks*



“Telepathy”

/Thoughts/

“Normal speech”

&'s indicate change of scene



Yeah so anyway, hope you enjoy!



?????????????????????????????????



ChimeraofMyth: Heya girls. Meeza wondering…could you not tell your prof that I'm a mutant? I know he's one but I want to show them in my own way ^-^.



RedT5L5P1T8: Sure.



WildWhiteStripes: No problem gal.



Shadow_Travler: Ditto.



ChimeraofMyth: Thanks a bunch



WildWhiteStripes: I got a Q… you told us your general history…



WildWhiteStripes: But what about your favs?



Shadow_Travler: She's got a point.



Shadow_Travler: So Fave food.



ChimeraofMyth: Strawberries.



RedT5L5P1T8: Band?



ChimeraofMyth: “E-Street Band” or basically Bruce Springsteen.



WildWhiteStripes: Song?



ChimeraofMyth: Easy “Thunder Road”



Shadow_Travler: Animal?



ChimeraofMyth: Live or Myth?



RedT5L5P1T8: Live.



ChimeraofMyth: Dolphin



WildWhiteStripes: Now Myth



ChimeraofMyth: Phoenix, I like the symbolic meaning. :D



Shadow_Travler: Book



ChimeraofMyth: Either “Spook” or “Stiff” both are by Mary Roach



RedT5L5P1T8: Time period and place?



ChimeraofMyth: Stumped me. Greece is fave place though. Beijing comes in second.



ChimeraofMyth: Ancient times Greece and China, I guess



WildWhiteStripes: I'm not sure how the boys will take her.



ChimeraofMyth: Don't Worry I know the “Ten Commandments of Conversing with Men”



RedT5L5P1T8: Huh?



ChimeraofMyth: 1) Thou shall never speak of shopping for: clothes, Fashion, or make-up



ChimeraofMyth: 2) Thou shall boost their ego to happiness



ChimeraofMyth: 3) Thou shall never in three trillion millennia insult their mode of transport.



ChimeraofMyth: 4) Thou shall never wear clothes with plunging necklines if thou desire intelligent conversation.



ChimeraofMyth: 5) Thou shall not question their sexual preference.



ChimeraofMyth: 6) Thou shall not insult their intelligence.



ChimeraofMyth: 7) Thou shall not reveal your superiority.



ChimeraofMyth: 8) Thou shall stay upon the safe subjects of music, sports, games, movies, and their status.



ChimeraofMyth: 9) Thou will be wise and not wear short skirts.



ChimeraofMyth: 10) Thou shall avoid topics that make them horny.



ChimeraofMyth: The last one only applies to non-boyfriends. What do you think?



RedT5L5P1T8: LOL that's so true



WildWhiteStripes: Gal don't EVER mention these near Remy.



Shadow_Travler: That is, like, the best LOL



WildWhiteStripes: You DO know who Remy is right.



ChimeraofMyth: Yep. I so-orta got him busted for smoking…



ChimeraofMyth: See you `morrow! I need to sleep.



Merachi grinned at the screen. She had close friends already, people who accepted what they new of her with open arms. That and something about Jean reminded her of Nevada…



“Ha ha. Jean Like ME! She is much to prissy.”



Merachi jumped at the all to familiar astral voice of her ghostly girlfriend. /You know what I mean. Her AURA exudes similar powers as yours. I'd almost bet that she's the heir to, well.../



“My, my aren't you the cheery one. Look do you trust her?”



/Of course I do! I just have trouble believing she's not telling me the whole story!/



“Your not telling her the entire true either. Think about that kay?”



&&&&&&&&&&&&



“Mom, Dad, would you stop fussing. I'm turning 17 in January!” For once her typical grin was not plastered upon her face, it was replaced with a sulky pout.



“Sorry, dear. I'm just, well, surprised at how quickly you made friends.”



“That doesn't mean you have to fuss.”



“We apologize, `Mera now have fun, alright?”



“Of course I'll have fun!” Her indignant voice belied her grin, now firmly back in place. “I'll see you at six bye!” The over excited girl sprinted to the door of the gigantic mansion. Before she even reached the step the door opened. Merachi realized that it couldn't have been one of the girls, after all she was two inches shorter than Kitty, and the figure in the doorway was smaller than even Merachi. But before she could come to a complete stop she tripped on a step and knocked over the person in the doorway. /Whoa…Did I get hit in the head or somet'in'? No, I didn't. So why am I seeing triple?/



The boy she had run into (all three of him) looked at her for a few seconds. “You must be that girl Jean said was coming over. But she didn't say any thing about you being so short!”



“Hey! I'm taller than you!”



“Only by an inch! And I'm twelve!”



Merachi's mouth opened and closed in annoyance. “Well, your short too.”



“Yeah, for my age, not in general.” He stuck out his tongue in a bratty fashion.



Merachi pouted, but before she could snap at him Jean entered the main hall. “I see you met Jaime already. Come on I'll show you around.”



&&&&&&&&&&&&&&



“So, let me get this straight. You're Ray, and you're Roberto, and you're Bobby.” The three boys nodded. “Kay. Good, so now I know everyone. But now I'm bored.” Her face scrunched into a look of severe concentration. And then her cell rang. “Merachi Johansson speaking, who's calling and how'd ya get my number? - Terrance why'd you call?” She stood there blinking and listening to the apparent ranting of the caller for a second before responding, “Ok slow down and clarify what you're talking about because I can't understand a bloody thing you're saying.” She fell silent for several more minutes as she listened to the unknown person. “So…you're coming to Bayville?” She seemed suddenly serious, “Look, Tear, That might not be a good idea I get your point but - yes I know what's - Alright but could ya wait a bit? Right just a few days. Kay bye.” She shook her head and sighed. “Cards, yes a card game, that would be very welcome now.”



“Demitasse, ya want Remy ta teach ya poker?”(1)



Merachi grinned evilly for a split second before composing herself and responding, “If your speaking to me, I'd prefer it if you refer to me by my name. Besides I already know how to play poker, and, I'll kick your @$$.”



Remy lifted one eyebrow eloquently, “Oh you t'ink dat you can beat Remy?”



She smirked “I KNOW I can.”



“Oh? And why are ya so sure?”



“Well, Remy, I believe in reincarnation. In my past six lives I was quite the talented poker player.” She smirked insufferably, “So, I've got a few hundred years on you.”



Remy chuckled a bit, “Fine, fine, but, demitasse - don't look at Remy like dat - Remy don't t'ink dis would be very entertaining if only you and he played. Why don't we invite some o' dem to play wit us?”



Merachi laughed, “'Course who else wants to play? And Remy how `bout Texas hold `em?” Bobby, Kurt, and Rogue sat down, and Remy started dealing.



About an hour later, Jean blurted out a seemingly random question, “Merachi how can the professor not know you're a mutant? He has a machine that helps -“



“Track them down,” Merachi finished. “I have nearly impenetrable mental shields courtesy of a friend of mine. As for knowing about Cerebro…” she trailed off waving her cell phone. “Terrance is my friend's younger bother. He has naturally high mental shields himself, though not as specified and flexible, and when your professor had a `chat' with him, he panicked.” And as an after thought added, “Your prof must have give him quite a scare, he was speaking a mixture of German and Russian.” Faced with blank looks she added for clarification, “When he speaks French it means he's worried about someone; German indicates a sudden surprise; Russian signifies that he's at least mildly fearful; Latin denotes thoughtfulness; and Romanian is pure rage. He also speaks in oriental languages, but that's more for recreation than a sign of his emotional and mental state.”



“Oh. That explains most of the things I was curious about,” was the amusingly weak reply on Jean's part.



Nothing from that point on was very note worthy, in either party's opinion. Well, except the incident where Merachi knocked out Remy because he wouldn't stop calling her “Demitasse”, that is.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment