Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Accident

Rod isn't exactly the 'cool' kid in school. Hes the kind of guy that always listens to Mommy and Daddy. But after the accident, will he stay that way? Then Rod is kidnaped and lead to a new life, is it for the best? Or is his future destined to go up in f

Chapter 2 - The Accident

Chapter 2 - The Accident


Chapter 2…. Here we go! Grab your tissues, and take a seat!



Chapter 2 is Rated: PG for language and violence



Rod turned the corner down Pitt Street, homeward bound. He approached the house and noticed the car was missing from the driveway “Mom and Dad must have gone out shopping,” he thought. Rod unlocked the door and got an early start on his homework. He knew his parents would want to go out and celebrate when they got home, and he didn't know how late it would be when they got back.

Rod finished off his homework and even did some that was due the day after next. He glanced at the clock and realized that it was already 6:30. It was getting late, and Rod was starting to get worried. He decided to try and call his mother. “850-8765,” he whispered to himself as he dialed the number. The phone rang at least 7 times with no answer. Finally the voice of a strange man came over the phone. “Hello?,” the man seemed confused. Rod felt his stomach churn “Who is this!?” he demanded “Who is this?!”, the man asked back. “Why the hell did you answer the phone!??? Where the frack is Trish?!” “Trish?” There was a long pause… “What's your relation to her?” “Why does it matter? You still shouldn't be answering her phone!” “Listen kid, I don't have time to argue with you, just answer my question, and if you have the right answer to mine, I'll tell you the answer to yours ok?” Rod paused “She is my mother” there was a small gasp on the other end of the phone, followed by a long silence. “So where is she!?” Rod was getting frustrated. “Hey… kid” the tone in the mans voice seemed sympathetic “ I can't give this information out over the phone. But I'll send someone over to talk to you, 1163 Pitt Street right?” Rod felt his heartbeat fasten “What's going on? How do you know my Address?!” The man's voice was soft and slow “ This will all make since soon… just try to stay calm I have to get off the phone and back to work now, goodbye I hope everything works out for you.” “No! Wait! Tell me what's going on! Please! Jus…” the line went dead, the strange man had hung up.

Rod felt tears form in his eyes. A million thoughts raced through his head, “Who was that man? Where were his parents? Why did he hope everything worked out for him?” Rod's head was pounding and he began to hyperventilate. Rod sat down on the couch to try and calm down.

After a few minutes, which seemed like hours, had passed, there was a knock at the door. Rod wiped his eyes and answered it. A young woman in a light blue work uniform stood before him. On her chest was a symbol from the local hospital. Rod figured she was a nurse. “Are you the son of Trish and Ryan Bryant?” she asked him plainly. Rod tried to speak, but the words got caught in his throat so he just nodded. She hugged him “You might want to sit down honey” Rod stepped aside and allowed her in the house; they took a seat on the couch. She looked at him as if he was a puppy that had been abandoned and left out in the rain. “This isn't going to be easy for me to say. And its going to be even harder on you, but please just.” she sighed and began to explain to Rod…

* * *

Trish and Ryan were on their way home from the supermarket. Ryan was trying to focus on the road and Trish was as excited as a schoolgirl. “Honey! Rod is getting his report card at school today” Ryan smiled and laughed “I don't know why you always get so excited, he always gets A s, its never anything different” “ I know! But I'm just so proud of him, our sweet little boy” Ryan leaned over and kissed his wife on the cheek “He only turned out so great, because he has such a wonderful mother” Trish blushed “That may be true, but he certainly got his good looks from his father” They laughed. Suddenly a car on the other side of the road swerved and was headed straight for them. “Oh dear God! Ryan Look Out!” Trish shouted. Ryan turned the wheel as fast as he could, but it was too late. The other car smashed into theirs, head on. The hood of the car popped open and the front window shattered. Glass flew everywhere. The airbags deployed, but it still wasn't enough. There was blood…. And fire… and then it all went quiet…. There was no sound… no more screams…. No terror… just silence……….

* * *

“ Their necks were broken on impact, they didn't suffer, and I promise you… I'm so sorry Rod” She placed her hand on his shoulder. His voice quivered “So… your telling me…. That my parents…. My parents are…” “I'm so sorry Rod, there was nothing we could do” “ my parents are… dead” Rod stared blankly at the floor. He thought it was a dream. No, this was no dream, it was a horrible nightmare. And he wished he would wake up… any second he would wake up, his mother would be making breakfast, and his father would be reading the paper. They would smile and tell him good morning. But…. He knew it was real. The terrible pain he felt in his heart could never happen in a dream. From here on out he would be on his own. He would never see his mother smile again. His father would never tell him how proud he was of him, or tell him anything at all for that matter, ever again. They were gone…… they were gone…..

~End of Chapter 3~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guess what!? This turned out to be exactly 3 pages. I bet you all hate me now… you're probably all like “ Why the frack! What the Hell! You sick, sick dog!” but…. Its sad I know… his life will get better I promise. Heh, tell me what you think…. Wanna know something…. I wrote this whole thing listening to “Saying Sorry” by Hawthorn Hights. Yep that's right, I've been listening to the same song over and over again for like the last 2 hours…

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KittyTheHomicidalManiac on January 26, 2007, 9:20:49 AM

KittyTheHomicidalManiac on
KittyTheHomicidalManiacAWW, poor Rod... This is a great story so far, keeps the reader interested. I shallst go read more now...

anime_angel_from_hell on March 19, 2006, 2:44:00 AM

anime_angel_from_hell on
anime_angel_from_hellThat was flippin' awesome! You got the story perfect and you even frackin' made me cry! You would make a great author one day, Melissa!! Great Job! Sad, but Great!

Sara-Chan on March 18, 2006, 11:27:47 PM

Sara-Chan on
Sara-ChanThat's so sad. *cries* Great *snif*
story! *cries again*

SomekindofFreak on March 17, 2006, 9:15:43 AM

SomekindofFreak on
SomekindofFreakaw, sad... T-T *waits for next update* woo!