Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Anticipating Springtime

Written for Jadis' prompt on the forum's Poetry Tag game. I liked how this one came out, and thought I would post it here, too.

Chapter 0 - Anticipating Springtime

Chapter 0 - Anticipating Springtime
I am waiting while the world is brittle, dry, and cold.
I am waiting while the year is born, when time is new-once-old.
I am watching the brown and yellow frost-spangled grass,
And the pale breath of morning air,
And Jack's white spirals on window-glass.
Only this much longer will the wind be so cold,
The trees bent and barren,
Flowers hidden in the mould.
I am waiting with my sisters for the young birds to sing,
And the first yellow jasmine's bud among the fragile green.


Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jadis on February 27, 2016, 6:56:34 PM

Jadis on
Jadisnice. I never look at literature post here because it's a separate tab and people don't post often. Just happened to click the wrong tab. 
I also don't bother to post literature here. not that I am writing much, but if there were more of an apparently active lit community I might. do you do Napo in April?

Firiel on March 28, 2016, 5:44:36 PM

Firiel on
FirielOh, thanks for the comment! :) That was a lucky wrong click.
The community can't become active if nobody activates it, yeah?
And yes, I do NAPO in April - although I haven't posted much of that here before. I could dig around for some of my old stuff, start a precedent?

Jadis on March 29, 2016, 8:30:22 AM

Jadis on
Jadiswouldn't hurt. I haven't posted much literature here at all. mostly because I haven't had time. the chapter structure here will be wonderful for Napo, the whole month can be posted as one book. in fact, I could post previous years' napo as one book for each year, too.