Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Expidition

My own fanfiction for the Watership Down TV series. I hope you like it :)

Chapter 1 - The Expidition

Chapter 1 - The Expidition
Watership Down

___________________________________________________________________________

It was a very warm summer day. Bigwig and Hazel were up early and talked about an idea of Bigwig.

"Why should we do an expidition?" asked Hazel.

"Because our Owsla could really have a good training. Oh and: I want Fiver on this mission too." answered Bigwig.

"Okay there you are right. Our Owsla could really need a good training. But Fiver? I dont think that he is able to go with you." said Hazel unsure.

"But he also needs a training. Why dont you ask him, if he wants to come with me?" proposed Bigwig.

"Okay...then lets go and ask him."

Bigwig and Hazel hopped inside the warren.

*************************************************************************

Fivers Burrow

_________________________________________________________________________

When Hazel and Bigwig arrived at Fivers Burrow, Fiver was still sleeping.

"Fiver? Wake up! We want to ask you something."

After Hazel finished talking, Fiver woke up and looked around.

"Hazel? Did you really have to wake me up? I had a very nice dream..." yawned Fiver.

"Fiver, we want to ask you if you want to go on an expidition with me and the Owsla." interruped Bigwig.

"An expidition? And where should this expidition go to?" Fiver asked surprised.

"We just want to explore the area around the forest. So do you come with us or not? We want to go now." Said Bigwig.

"Okay. If I have to, I will come in a few moments." answered Fiver.

"Fine. I'll get the others." Said Bigwig and hopped out of Fivers Burrow.

*************************************************************************

Later, outside on the down

_________________________________________________________________________

Hawkbit, Fiver, Strawberry and Dandelion stood in a row, in front of Bigwig.

"Okay lads. We want to go now. Still any questions?" asked Bigwig.

"Yes. Do we have to go? It's such a nice day, why can't we just enjoy it like everybody else?" snarled Hawkbit.

"Because we have to know the area around the forest. And a bit of walking can not suffer damages to you lot." said Bigwig and hopped away, followed by his Owsla.

*************************************************************************

Later, near the forest

_________________________________________________________________________

Fiver, Bigwig, Strawberry, Dandelion and Hawkbit stood near a very big tree.

"Let's look if there's something interesting in this forest" said Bigwig.

Everybody follows Bigwig, except Fiver.

"Fiver? Didn't you listen? Come on!" ordered Bigwig.

Suddenly, Fiver cried. It was a vision.

"They will catch us right here,"

"They are so fast that nobody hears,"

"the black rabbit will come for me,"

"for the others, my words should be the key."

"Follow the ..." yelled Fiver out in pain.

Before he could finish his vision, Hrair rabbits jumped out of a bush.

"It's a trap!" Shouted Bigwig.

A very hard fight started. Bigwig and his Owsla had no chance against the strange rabbits.

"Fallback! Fallback! They are to many!" Shouted Bigwig.

Bigwig and his Owlsa ran away, towards the river and after a long time, their followers lost their tracks.

************************************************************************

On Watership Down

_________________________________________________________________________

Hazel sat alone outside the warren and looked into the sky. After a few moments, Primrose joined him and said:

"They be allright Hazel. Biwig is with them."

"I know and I hope you're right...." said Hazel.

*************************************************************************

Same time at the river

_________________________________________________________________________

After a long chase, Bigwig and his group stopped in a shrub near the river.

"Okay, I think they lost our tracks." coughed Strawberry.

"Are you all right?" asked Bigwig his Owsla.

"Yes of course. I only have a few wounds, but of course this does not matter." snarled Hawkbit.

"Hey, Fiver is missing!" noticed Dandelion.

Everyone looked around, but no one could see him.

"Fiver? Fiver! Where are you!" shouted Bigwig.

"We have to search for him" ordered Bigwig and hopped away.

They searched the whole day, but couldnt find him.

"Bigwig. For get about it. It is impossible to find him. If he's alive he'll hide himself somewhere. Let's go home, it's worthless to search now." said Hawkbit.

"Well, I suppose you are right. Okay lads, lets get back to the warren." ordered Bigwig a bit frightenend. He knew that Hazel would bite his head off for this.

************************************************************************

Back on the Down

________________________________________________________________________

As Bigwig and the rest of his owsla hopped onto the down, Hazel and the others went out of the warren.

"Bigwig! It was about time that you come back." Hazel said relieved.

As all the owsla members hopped away without saying a word, Hazel said to Bigwig:

"Hey, what happened? And where is Fiver?"

"Hazel... I have got bad news. We have been attacked by foreign rabbits at a big tree near the river. Fiver had a vision and as we ran away, he stayed there. It's impossible to find him now. We'll have to search tomorrow. But...if-...if we don't find him... I fear he's dead." Bigwig answered quietly.

"What? How...how could this happen? You were in case for him!" Hazel shouted at Bigwig.

After this, Hazel hopped angry and sadly into the warren.

© 2005-2006 by Fiver
------------
Creator Comment: Well, I know it's not very good, but it's the first I ever wrote. Please Comment!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment