Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Searching for the truth

My own fanfiction for the Watership Down TV series. I hope you like it :)

Chapter 2 - Searching for the truth

Chapter 2 - Searching for the truth
Chapter 2 - Searching for the truth


Inside the Honeycomb

________________________________________________________________________________

All of the Watership Down rabbits are assembled inside the Honeycomb, because Hazel-rah wanted them all to be there at about ni-Frith. It was a rainy day, like almost every day in this season, so even if Hazel-rah wouldnt want them to meet there, no one would be outside. As the last of the rabbit arrived, Hazel appeared in front of them. He looked a bit nervous, but alsp sad because of what happened to his little brother two days ago. Hazel didnt come outside his borrow for these days, but now, he was ready to talk to them. After a few moments he began to spoke.

"I wanted you all to assemble here, because I want you to go out on a new mission."

"What? What new mission Hazel?" asked Bigwig a bit surprised. Usually, Hazel tells him of his plans before he tells them the others, because he is the captain of the Owsla. But this time he didnt.

"I want to know what happened at the forest, so I want you, and of course myself, to go there and search for hints which could lead us to this strange rabbits you told us of." said Hazel with a determined voice.

"Oh yeah, great. Now he´s gone mad! Why dont we invite them to come here and we will get best friends?" snorled Hawkbit. But he was lucky, no body could here him this time.

"So, but where should we exactly search? Or do you think they are still there and waiting for us?" said Dandelion.l

"Of course we will make several groups. The first group will contain Hawkbit, Strawberry and Dandelion, who will search along the river. Bigwig and me, we are the second group and we will search near the forest. The rest of you will stay here." replied Hazel.

"Oh, why shall I always stay here? Everyone else is allowed to go, except me!" said Pipkin a bit angry.

"We need you here Pipkin. Who else will defend the others if not the mighty Pipkin?" joked Hawkbit.

"But Hazel, what if the Efrafans captured Fiver?"

"After Bigwig and the others descriped the attackers, I dont think they are Efrafans. But I want Kehaar to fly over Efrafa to look if he is in there."

"But... if he isn't in Efrafa and if we don't find him... I will pronounce Fiver´s dead."

Everyone stayed quiet. They knew that this was the hardest decision Hazel ever made.

"So...you heard him. Let's go and find Fiver!" said Bigwig

The rabbits hesitated a bit, befor following his orders.

********************************************************************************

Somewhere in a dark borrow, near the forest

________________________________________________________________________________

Fiver was alive, even if the others couldnt know. He lay in a dark borrow, near the forest. He was awake, but couldnt open his eyes, because he was very tired and had big pains, because his left hind leg was badly hurt. Suddenly, he heard a noice but even in this possible dangerous situation, he was too tired to open his eyes. But he could speak a bit, so he said:

"Who...who are you?" You could here that the pains had to be unimaginable.


First it was quiet. But after a few moments, Fiver heard a voice.

"I am Raspberry. Stop asking questions and rest. You are badly hurt. We can talk later, when you are not as badly hurt as now."

Fiver tried to stay awake, but the pain was so large that he soon fell asleep.

********************************************************************************

At the river, with group 1

________________________________________________________________________________

Hawkbit, Strawberry and Dandelion have been searching for hours now, but didnt find anything. It stopped raining, but the dark clouds above them looked like they would burst just in a few moments. Hawkbit, Dandelion and Strawberry spilt to search a larger area. By now, they all finished searching and are meeting at a tree.

"Did you find anything Hawkbit?"

"No, its nearly impossible to find anything in this mud. Even if here were tracks, the rain washed them away."

Suddenly, thunder was heard and Strawberry winced.

"Eek!"

"Oh great, that was the only thing I missed. Now the day is perfect. Lets go home, before the rain starts." griped Hawkbit.

The three of them hopped away, back to the down.

********************************************************************************

Back on the Down

________________________________________________________________________________

Pipkin sat outside the warren, looking at the foot of the down. As Blackberry saw that, she joined him.

"Pipkin! What are you doing here alone? Come in, it will start to rain in a few moments."

"Blackberry... do you think they will find him?" started Pipkin.

"Or... or do you think he is dead?" he finished.

"Oh, don't say something like that! They will find him." Blackberry herself couldn't really believe in her words, but she continued.

"They will find him, believe in me. But now come with me, inside."

Just as she finished, it started to rain and thunder was seen in the sky, but Pipkin didnt move. So Blackberry tried it again.

"You dont make it better if you sit here and get ill. Come inside."

Pipkin hesitated a bit, but then said:
"Okay, you are right Blackberry. Let's go inside"

Both hopped inside.

********************************************************************************

With group 2

________________________________________________________________________________

Hazel and Bigwig were surprised of the rain, because in the forest they couldnt see the sky, so they couldnt see the dark clouds.

"Let's get out of the rain Hazel, we can continue the searching later." said Bigwig.

"Yes, you are right. Lets go there, to this empty tree."

Both went in the direction of the tree, but suddenly both stopped.

"This... this can not be. Do you see the same?"

"Yes, it is a track of Fiver! And it is not older than one day!"

"That means he could be somewhere here! Hurry Bigwig, maybe he is here and maybe he is wounded."

Both began to search, not even the rain could stop there searching. Both were very happy, because the track means that he was there yesterday.

********************************************************************************

Above Efrafa

________________________________________________________________________________

Kehaar and Hannah the mouse watched Efrafa for a long time now, but couldnt see Fiver. As the rain started, they decided to go home.

"Good. If he isnt in Efrafa, he has to be alive."

"Sure Hanjah? He could be dead"

"Kehaar! Dont say something like that!"

Kehaar, with Hannah on his back, flew back to Watership Down.

********************************************************************************

Back with Fiver and Raspberry

_______________________________________________________________________________

Fiver was awake again. His leg hurts as much as before, but at least he isnt as tired as before. He even was able to open his eyes and to speek. As he opened his eyes, he saw Raspberry, a brown rabbit doe, and he said with pain:

"R...Raspberry?"

As Fiver spoke, Raspberry turned over to him. She looked surprised, for sure she didnt think he would wake up so fast.

"Oh, you are awake. Do you feel better?" she said.

"Y..yes, a bit."

"That's good."

"I...have a few questions..." said Fiver

"Oh, okay. Ask them."

"Where...are we? And why are we here?" asked Fiver.

Raspberry sighed.

"We are in a warren called Aloth Warren. The Owsla found you laying in the forest, surroneded by other rabbits. They attacked them and hit you at your hind leg, so you couldnt run away."

"How...how can you know that? Arent you a prisoner just like me?" asked Fiver

Raspberry was very surprised to hear that.

"The guards talked about it but...how can you know that I am also a prisoner?" asked Raspberry.

"Oh, thats a...long story." replied Fiver.

"We can talk about it later, you should sleep again to recover your leg."

Raspberry hopped away, leaving Fiver alone. And as she said, Fiver fell asleep.

***********************************************************************

With Group 2

_______________________________________________________________________

Bigwig and Hazel searched the whole evening, but couldnt find very much. It was about Fu-Inlé now, but the rain didnt stop.

"Hazel, we should go back to Watership Down now. We can search tomorrow again, with the help of the others, so the chances will be higher that we find him."

"Yes, you are right...lets hope the rain wont wash away the tracks."

Bigwig hopped away, but Hazel stood still and looked into the countryside.

"I will find you little brother, I promise." he said quietly. Then, he hopped back to Watership Down.

To be continued...

---------
Creator Coment:
Now here it is, the second chapter. Please Comment!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment