Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Kevin 11 returns from the Null Void and takes a vengeance on the Tennysons.
The story continues in the future.
Can Ben 5 000 stop him? Read, and find out the details!

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Chapter 6
Chapter 6



The distance was not an obstacle for the kineceleran, but Ben realized the situation too late... When he arrived to his home, it was already in fire. He saw Diamondhead crystals and Stinkfly goo everywhere. The flames reflected in Xlr8’s eye as he stood there, before his burning home.
- Mom! Dad! – shouted he and rushed inside the flaming house. The heat was beyond endurance but he continued to search for his parents. Soon, Xlr8 collapsed and fainted because of the heat. The omnitrix timed out. Suddenly, a fireman grabbed Ben and dragged him out of the house.
Ben came to in a hospital room. He had bandages over his head and arms. He slowly turned his head left and recognized Gwen sitting beside his bed, reading a magazine.
- Gwen? - accosted her Ben weakly.
The girl put down the magazine and hugged him.
- Thank goodness you’re all right! – said she.
- Where were you? You’ve disappeared...
- Ssssh, don’t speak now. Everything will be all right. – assured him Gwen.
Ben fell asleep again.
It was about midnight, when he woke up again. At first he saw nothing, but felt cold.
- Lantara? – asked he.
The ectonurite became visible beside his bed.
- How are you, Ben?
- I’ll live. How did you get in here?
- I can phase through solid masses, remember? – smiled Lantara.
- Oh.. yes... What are you doing here? I thought you’ve left ages ago...- said Ben.
- No, I haven’t. I could have, but I don’t want to go before I assure you’re all right. – explained Lantara.
- I’d never thought an alien like you can be that... emotional... – said Ben.
- The outside isn’t everything, you should know the best. – replied the ectonurite.
- Yeah, you’re right... First looking at me, no one could tell, I can turn into different aliens... – laughed Ben weakly.
- True. I’d better go now... Don’t want anyone to recognize me in here. Take good care of yourself, Ben! – said Lantara and phased through the wall.
- You too. – whispered Ben to himself.

Next day, Gwen came in again.. She told Ben, that his parents are gone too. Obviously Kevin did it. She also told ben, that the red flash, that the omnitrix made when it’s timed out, saved his life. The fireman saw the flash and then he found Ben.
- Where were you? We needed you in the battle, and you suddenly disappeared.
- Well’ that’s a long story...
- We have time. – said Ben.
- We’ll talk about this, when you get better... – replied Gwen nervously.
- Give me a straight answer please! You’re willing to answer my question yes or no? – said Ben angrily.
- Okay, okay. Ben, I have to admit something. I was a coward. I ran away. I saw what Kevin did to you and to Grandpa
And I felt I won’t be able to stop him... I’m so sorry, I know it’s unforgivable... I... – Gwen said.
Ben listened what she said felt the anger slowly fills his mind.
- What??? – He yelled.
- Don’t yell at me! Look at this from my viewpoint! If you were I, what would you did? – asked Gwen.
- What would I did? I’d have used my magical skills to do something! – hissed Ben.
- You’re right. I could have done something... but it wouldn’t stop Kevin, you know it too! – declared Gwen.
- I’m so sorry, I know it worth nothing now, but I really regret what I’ve done.
- Your sorry won’t bring grandpa back! – shouted Ben.
- I’ve made a decision, I have to live with it, not you. – replied Gwen and turned her back to Ben. She saw a green flash and when she turned around she had to face Diamondhead. Ben’s scar appeared on the petrosapien as well.
- No, you won’t have to live with this! – shouted Diamondhead and he fired projectiles at her, but Gwen avoided them.
- What are you doing? Have you lost your mind???- cried Gwen.
- I’ve lost my mind??? You did, when you abandoned us there, aaarrrggh! – roared Diamondhead. He made a spear out of his right hand and struck down, where Gwen stood. He missed it, the girl jumped away. Then he swung his hand but Gwen ducked.
- Stop it! You’re supposed to attack Kevin, not me!!! – yelled Gwen. Suddenly Diamondhead grabbed her.
He raised her to look into her eye. She was squirming in the tight and steely squeeze of the petrosapien’s fingers.
-You’re not Ben! The Ben I know would never do such a thing!!! – said Gwen.
- Kevin took my good side! – Diamondhead grinned.
- You’re like him! If I look into your eyes, I see the same emptiness as in Kevin’s! – shouted Gwen.
Diamondhead’s distorted face suddenly became smooth and surprised.
He put down Gwen.
- I don’t want to see you again. – declared him coldly. Then he shot some projectiles at the glass. It broke into pieces and Diamondhead jumped out from the window.

Ben and Gwen won’t meet for eight years.


(I know the story is kinda dark now, but it will have a happy ending, I swear!:)

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Devon11 on September 17, 2008, 12:42:07 PM

Devon11 on
Devon11wow ben must be really distressed now leaving gwen like that

cactar on October 22, 2007, 9:09:50 AM

cactar on
cactarwell that's good to know about the end and I think I know what happens.

Intense chapter!

ginathehedgehog on October 22, 2007, 9:09:11 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogAwesome chapter Gee! I can't wait for more =D