Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - The Beginning

This is the Story of Jack Walker and how his life was changed after meeting The Doctor.

 

Chapter 0 - The Beginning

Chapter 0 - The Beginning
Hello my name is Jack Walker and this is the story of the day I met The Doctor.


                    My life is plain, dull and not very substantial at all. I do the same stuff every day Wake up, slave at work, and then come back to the pitiful apartment I call home and feed the cat that lays on the front stairs.  Every day for years I have done nothing but that infernal routine. Then one day, something different happened I woke up one night to this sound, a very odd but spectacular sound. A sound that comforted me yet made me lay there in awe and wonder what is was. Nothing ever happens here in Suffolk so I needed to find out what it was I have just heard.
I hurriedly got dressed then proceeded to rush down the apartment stairs, nearly tripping over the sleeping cat that lies upon them. As I run down the side walk, avoiding weather torn holes that are cratered into them the sound stops. I turn the corner and like usual, nothing seemed out of place. Just the dull gloomy ally and random bunches of trash.
                     In disappointment of not finding that mystical noise I turn around and head home deciding to take a different route to satisfy my boredom. I gazed upon the dark sky and sparkling stars when I noticed an unusual looking object. It was oval shaped, yet looked distant so I ignored it and kept walking. I started heading home now, as it was around two thirty so I needed sleep to function properly at work, Getting fired is the last thing I needed
I woke up, got dressed, ate and start to head for work. Avoiding the cat once again, I walk down the stairs to see people looking up in the sky. I didn’t want to be late for work, so I just took a quick glance. To my surprise, that oval shape from last night was a lot closer! Just then I knew my whole life was about to change.
A tall and strange looking man came and shouted for everyone to run and go home. No one really listened until hundreds of these metal creatures flew out of it and started shooting these blue beams at us. One hit this girl and she just disappeared into dust, at this point every one panicked and scattered but the man. He just stood there looking at the pile of dust then calmly said “I am so sorry.” He took off down the street and headed to this odd blue box. He was about to walk inside, I quickly ran through the crowd of panicking and fearful people and insisted he came to the fallout shelter building a block down and that police box would not save him from anything. He assured me that this box was the safest place for anyone to be and told me to come in. As daft and crazy as the idea was the metal abominations were to close for me to run to the shelter so I went inside.
                     To my amazement I look around and it’s huge inside… I was just standing there in shock as I admired it. Here I thought I walked into a police telephone box but I am in some kind of ship. I mumble “it’s much bigger on the inside”. He smiled and excitedly shouted “I adore when you people say that!” He ran back and forth pulling leavers and pushing buttons and told me to hang on things are about to get bumpy. At that moment I heard it again, the same mystical noise from the other night! I stood there calmly listening to it, the noise was so calming I had forgot what the doctor has said “Hold on its about to get bumpy.” I get tossed to the floor and then scramble over to a side rail circling the area we were standing on.
                      The Ship was shaking and rocking violently for a few moments then suddenly stopped. The man ran to the other side of the ship and pulled a lever down then grabbed his coat and headed for the door. Not knowing what to do I got up and ran over to the door as well. He turned around looked me in the eye and quickly said “Try and stay close to me and do not wonder off.” Then he opened the door and we both walked out.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment