Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Wolf and A Bat

a folktale...Yumiko and Zaki...

Chapter 1 - A Wolf and A Bat

Chapter 1 - A Wolf and A Bat


“They can't tell me what to do anymore…”



Blood poured from the heavens like rain. Her burgundy hair clung to her person.



“Because I'm free again…I would almost pity you…were you not about to meet your death by such a adversary.”



Crimson eyes closed, so that she wouldn't have to see the look on her opponents face.



“You know, I feel as if I'm fighting myself…it just doesn't feel right...”



There was a short whistle of wind as the two disappeared, and then, their backs were to the other, on opposite sides facing the crowd, their swords flaming.



“I almost gave up on you my friend...I really had thought you had betrayed me…”



The crimson haired woman turned her aura of bloody flames disappearing.



“These people they see me for something I am not…thank you for noticing me when I was nothing…”



She fell to the ground, her life's essence leaking from her body, and bloody tears slid down her cheeks.



“Thank you for this freedom…my…friend…”



The other figure turned, their emerald eyes burning with fire.





“I felt her look away and I knew then, at that very moment, that I would have to kill her…my friend...I'd have to kill her because of my own stupidity in the past...”



Amber fingertips brushed over the pale woman's crimson hair, it seemed softer for once.



“You haven't moved, or put spray or anything in it, but then did you ever, I didn't fit you much for the wimpy `hey look at me im cool cause I wear hair gel” type. But did anyone?”



The pale complexion of the apparently slumbering woman contrasted with the demons clawed fingertips.



“Why wait till now to let me know I was going to have to do it…I didn't want to let you go….”



When The Youkia's talons brushed over the corpse's heart, it paused.



“Was anything ever truly here? Those kind words you shared with those few people…had they been true all along?”



She twitched her nose, something was happening beneath her palm.



“Why? Why me? I never meant to cause you such pain…I feel like this was our time though, or like mine had been passed, you just kept me from it for so long…”



The body beneath her hand was slowly losing its tone and turning gray, sinking in, becoming impossibly thin.



“Is this how it ends? You leaving me here after I cheated death and then killed her? Im tired of fighting my demons, and now I've inherited yours…I don't want to fight them alone…I just, don't wanna be alone…”



As it crumbled to dust, the eyes snapped open one final time and fell on her, their depths cold and lifeless, but to the girl, they were honest.



“So that's it?”



The coffin was slammed closed as she backed away, turning and walking out the door.



She could hear them calling her…but she knew she couldn't stop, She needed to get away.





“And that Is the story of the Wolf and the Bat, usually a folktale....most people believe but it seems to have actually happened….The Wolf Betrayed the bat and then murdered the bat to make up for her mistakes, then wondered away to be lonely for the rest of eternity…”



The child emerald green eyes gazed up at her elder.



“But, Grandma….what were their names?”



The old woman seemed taken aback but smiled.



“Zaki…and the other…Yumiko….”



“Wow, grandma just like your name…that's pretty cool huh?”



The old lady looked away, “Cool? You just don't know the meaning of the word.”






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment